PDA

View Full Version : TY & GB in People (w/ N.O. flood victims on cover)

Skywise
09-05-2005, 11:02 PM
This Week's people magazine has a short 1 pg blurb on TY, a Q&A type of thing- there's a picture of Garth and they talk about the wedding..

Scott

wmcinnis
09-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks Scott.:)
-Susan-

Skywise
09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
no problem! no problem at all!

MDerin
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Very short Q&A with Trisha.

It's been one heck of a good year for Trisha Yearwood. On May 25 longtime boyfriend Garth Brooks proposed. On Sept. 13 Jasper County, the country star's first CD since '01, hits stores. As she prepares for her comeback tour--and her wedding--Yearwood, 40, chatted with PEOPLE's Lauren Comander.

Four years is a long hiatus.
I meant to take a year off. I ended up spending time with my family in Georgia and with Garth and his three girls in Oklahoma.

What did you think when Garth proposed?
The way he proposed, in such a public place [during a Bakersfield, Calif., show]...I was shocked and overwhelmed and completely bowled over. WHen he went down on one knee, everybody else sort of disappeared. The ring that he gave me that night was a ring he had given me a couple years ago. Then we went together and picked this [princess cut diamond ring] out. He had something in mind, but I was glad I was able to go yes or no. It's a smart move on the guy's part.

So when's the wedding?
A wedding takes planning, and I have a tour coming up. We'll get that done, and then we'll figure it out. I envision something intimate.

What's a typical day for you two?
Grocery store, soccer games, movies. If I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a ball cap to go to the store, people will say, "Oh, you're trying to be in disguise." I say, "No, this is just what I look like."

Two pictures, one of her performing at the CMAs, the other of her and Garth from the Starkey gala (I believe.)

Skywise
09-06-2005, 01:21 PM
thanks for the post relaying the words to the article i alerted people to!

Shonda
09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
i was not to happy Garth brooks propsed to Trisha yearwood
he ask she to married him she say yes wish she say on
i hope they say friends not get married

~Shonda

sandis
09-06-2005, 06:13 PM
This is such a cute article--wish it was longer!

Thanks Erin and Scott. :)

-sandi

MDerin
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
i was not to happy Garth brooks propsed to Trisha yearwood
he ask she to married him she say yes wish she say on
i hope they say friends not get married

~Shonda

I think it's a little late for that... :D

bigfanofgarth
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, your a little to late for that, he did pop