PDA

View Full Version : Garth is in Heavy Rotation again on Country Radio!?

ChrisSparks
08-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Those of you who still listen to radio may notice that Garth songs are currently in heavy rotation. I've heard reports of as many as 5 Garth songs in one hour.

Why is this important? Heavy airplay usually precedes a major event, usually a new release. In this case, we might assume that it is because of the recent news of Garth and Trisha plus promotional support for the Wal-Mart boxset. Personally, I think the boxset is a promotion in itself to make way for a new era of Garth.

It could go something like this...Garth will make special TV, radio and personal appeances to promote the boxset because it's too big of a deal not to promote it. Trisha will be touring to promote her new CD where Garth will most likely make some surprise appearances. They will of course have to do a new duet for the wedding. Being the man and writer that Garth is, he will certainly write and record a new song dedicated to his bride. This may likely inspire him to do a whole new CD on his new label. He'll already be out on tour with Trisha just to spend time with her. So, why not release the new CD and tour with his new bride. That's just my opinion on what may likely happen. But, there is also a lot of hope since I really think country music needs Garth tremendously right now!

Also, you can bet that network TV is beating down Garth and Trisha's door to make it a reality show. Although, I'm not sure they would do that or not. But, it would be nice to see a little more of them.

Let's try a little experiment. How many Garth songs are you hearing in your market per hour? List the city, state and radio station if you can.

ProducerJ
08-22-2005, 01:30 AM
I would gladly check BDS reports of any radio stations rumored to be playing 5 Garth songs in an hour...

fuzzwuzz
08-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Isn't that what we are seeing without any gimmick?

I was wondering myself about what this was gonna do with Garth's relationship with radio. Good I suspect. But I voted "0". I don't listen to radio.

Snow
08-22-2005, 04:19 AM
He'll already be out on tour with Trisha just to spend time with her. So, why not release the new CD and tour with his new bride. Garth has said he has no plans to tour or play with Trisha this go round. He'll be home with the kids.

We never know... he may show up for a show or two... but they don't want anyone buying tickets hoping to see Garth as he has no plans to do that.

Wendi5000
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
92.9 KKBQ FM Houston TX
100.3 KILT FM Houston TX

If I listen to our two main country stations all day long I will hear maybe three or four Garth songs. If one station plays a Garth song - usually by request - the other station usually plays the same song a few minutes later. I don't know if it is people who call in just try to call both stations simultaneously, or if one station hears that someone requested it and hopes to catch people as they're switching stations LOL. I voted "0" because though I do hear some Garth music on the radio I think it is far less than one per hour. :)

kristen166
08-22-2005, 11:57 AM
I hear him once in a while here, not much. I say maybe they play him 4 or 5 times in a like a whole day and until late night. He definatey is not played every hour here not even once an hour and that is counting 2 radio stations here and I some times will listen to one out of bryan. Bryan plays him more than ours thought but still nothing like 2 or 3 songs an hour.:)

MDerin
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
WMZQ in DC usually plays a Garth songs once an hour or so, maybe a little less depending on the day. But just in driving to and from work today (a 10-minute drive each way) I heard a Garth song going both directions. Just a coincidence, but I love getting into the car and a Garth song immediately coming onto the radio.

amarillo radio
08-22-2005, 03:02 PM
My boss has ordered all Garth off our group of stations (29 outlets in Texas and Oklahoma) due to the Wal-Mart partnership.
We were playing 11 Garth cuts in rotation down to 0 The same is for any artist who does the type of deal done at Wal-Mart or other box store.

Wal-Mart is not a radio friendly group causing the drop of songs

ProducerJ
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
My boss has ordered all Garth off our group of stations (29 outlets in Texas and Oklahoma) due to the Wal-Mart partnership.
We were playing 11 Garth cuts in rotation down to 0 The same is for any artist who does the type of deal done at Wal-Mart or other box store.

Wal-Mart is not a radio friendly group causing the drop of songs

Which radio group is this?

J.

GBsgirl
08-22-2005, 05:22 PM
OOPS I read the poll wrong..... I thought it was per day not per hour ROFL I checked four LOL I hear 3 or 4 gb songs per DAY

Pam

Wendi5000
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm curious as to what radio group we're talking about as well :).

Snow
08-22-2005, 05:48 PM
It's just another troll.... they've been trying to post the same message over and over all over the board.

I mean really.... what the heck would Walmart have to do with what radios play or hurt radio anyway?

fuzzwuzz
08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Isn't that what we are seeing without any gimmick?

I was wondering myself about what this was gonna do with Garth's relationship with radio. Good I suspect. But I voted "0". I don't listen to radio.

I take the back. Occasionally I do when the batteries run low in my portable player or I forget to pop a cd in my car. I almost always catch a Garth song on WIRK or WAVE. Florida still loves Garth I imagine.