PDA

View Full Version : Q re: Limited Series Box Set

umbalito
08-22-2005, 01:23 AM
Hello,

Just a quick question:

Aside from the bonus tracks, what is different with the albums in the box set?

I'm mainly concerned about the inlays, are they the same as those you would find if you buy the CD's separately? Or they don't contain stuff like the lyrics etc..

Thanks

Skywise
08-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Hello,

Just a quick question:

Aside from the bonus tracks, what is different with the albums in the box set?

I'm mainly concerned about the inlays, are they the same as those you would find if you buy the CD's separately? Or they don't contain stuff like the lyrics etc..

Thanks

my no fences inlay/liner notes, etc... there really wasn't any as far as notes go- the cover of the CD has a bit of it (bottom right corner) brushed metallic silver in cover, and a thing on the bottom of the cd saying *the limited series*..

there may be some diff.s in the book (a few new pics, perhaps) that accompanyed hte box set, but that's downstairs in my basement, in my garth trunk of stuff...

anyone?

garthymonkey
08-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Hello,

There are three versions of the CDs with one unreleased track per album for from Garth Brooks(1st album) to Fresh Horses(6th album).

1. The six CDs from The Limited Series(all the CDs sold together in the box)
There is just one piece of paper (in each CD) that has an original album cover photo(with some silver colored space shaped as a triangle on the bottom right corner and with the letters written "The Limited Series" on the bottom and middle part) on the cover and a full page photo on the back of the cover, and that's it for inlay for each CD. However, you'll be fully satisfied with the huge booklet including lots of pages also included in the boxset. There are many of Garth photos, lyrics, thankyous, and messages from Garth in the booklet.

2. The 10th anniversary remastered CDs (seperately selling)
You can get those CDs from all major stores still now. There are more photos in these remastered CDs than in the first released CDs thruought the 90s. In each title, there is a booklet that has lyrics and photos. On the cover, there is a special silver colored so-called emblem. It looks like some leaves or something like that encircles the big letter 'G'. You can still find the images for the cover on some CD online stores. Also, when you open the case and put out the CD from the jewel case, you can see another beautiful photo of Garth and some message on the photo. Of course, there are also the words, "10th anniversary edition" for each title.

3. Seperately released The Limited Series CDs
I got some copies of these CDs on eBay. Each CD looks exactly the same as the CDs that put in the boxset... the single paper cover without no lyrics... and it has also the silver colored part on the cover. But, there is a barcode on the back on each CD. I guess it's been released for sale aside from the boxset. I don't know if you still can get these copies from stores now.

I don't know my explanation and description help. If you feel complicated, please drop me a line. Thanks. :-)

Jack

garthymonkey
08-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Ooops, sorry, guys. In the 10th anniversary edition titles, it is not the leaves stuff surrounding the big letter G. It's "One Voice, One Decade, One Hundred Million" surrounding the letter G with all silver coler. I think there is also a diamond shape as a background of the G letter. I might be taking the emblem for that of the Magic of Christmas first edition album. :-) Thanks.

Jack

umbalito
08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Ah, so the box set comes with a booklet? Does it have full lyrics for all the six albums? Or just partial lyrics?

I don't want something like the inlay for the Chris Gaines release.

Cheers,

Skywise
08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
My booklet is in the trunk I have downstairs with all my other garth stuff.. anyone have an answer to this question?

PJ
08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Ah, so the box set comes with a booklet? Does it have full lyrics for all the six albums?
Yes, I believe it does from what I remember.

garthymonkey
08-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Hello,

Yes, PJ is right. There are all lyrics for the songs from the six albums in a booklet of the boxset. You know... there is one brand new song on each CD... and the booklet also has the lyrics for the new songs. There are also gorgeous photos of Garth. You won't be disappointed about the booklet. I saw some listings that someone only sold the booklet on eBay.

Cheers,

Jack

PJ
08-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Years ago, I also saw the booklet and the 6 Limited Series CDs being sold separately at some music stores. :(

Snow
08-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Yes some stores split the box set and some on Ebay did as well. This was not sanctioned by Garth or the label. Many of the stores and others that did this did it because they got more money by splitting them up than selling it as the boxset.

Wendi5000
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I saw the CDs from the box set being sold individually once, but I don't think someone just split up the box set. The CDs had their own booklet of lyrics & liner notes in the case like a normal CD, and they also had a bar code on the back with different ISBN numbers... Mine is packed away but I am pretty sure this is not how the ones from the box set were made. I assumed Garth's label had decided to release the CDs individually but I'm wondering now if these were some "bootleg" type CD that I saw? It was the same store where I picked up a CD of an interview with Garth that I later learned was from a European talk radio show & not an officially sanctioned release (at least that is what I was told). Did someone decide to see if they could make a quick buck "counterfitting" CD booklets & selling the CDs? How common was this? Jack's post earlier in the thread seems to indicate that at least one person aside from myself saw what appeared to be individually released box set CDs.

Xavier
08-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Also on the Fresh Horses album, The song 'The Old Stuff' has crowd noise in between the line, "Then I prayed that Detroit, (crowd noise) goes wild tonight". But in the box set, there's no crowd noise. I think that's the only difference as far as the music on the cds.

Snow
08-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Wendi... it could be you're right... I'm only going by memory here. I believe it was talked about on the boards at the time about how some places were splitting up the box sets to sell as they could get more money that way... but that it was not something the label supported.

If the stupid search engine on the forums was fixed I might be able to find something. Maybe Joyce or someone knows more.

Now of course the Anniversary copies of the CD's were sold seperately... might that have been what you saw? They would have bar codes.

I just pulled out my box set and the CD's in them do not have bar codes. The fronts are different from the Anniversary copies as the box set CD's say "Limited Series" on the covers.

You certainly could be right that some places might have had access to "Limited Series" CD's from the box set to sell individually... I just don't remember that and I do remember talk of stores doing this on their own. You might also be right that they could have been bootlegs. :shrugs:

Maybe someone else remembers something?!?!

Wendi5000
08-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Well the place I saw them specialed in getting stuff that American artists released overseas but not here, so maybe that had something to do with it? I guess I'm going to have to go dig my box of stuff out to see if I can find any clues. What's wrong with the search engine? Thanks for trying Snow :).