PDA

View Full Version : A simple Request...hopefully

MelanieR
08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Ok Hello! I know everyone here is so helpful! and that is so awesome. I was looking through my tapes the other day and i had taped From Ireland and Back and The Central Park Shows. And I can't find them anywhere. :( IF someone has them and wouldn't mind helping me out....i'd pay for shipping. That would be Excellent!!!

Skywise
08-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Ok Hello! I know everyone here is so helpful! and that is so awesome. I was looking through my tapes the other day and i had taped From Ireland and Back and The Central Park Shows. And I can't find them anywhere. :( IF someone has them and wouldn't mind helping me out....i'd pay for shipping. That would be Excellent!!!

melanine- talk w/ me- we can work something out- i have the CP show on DVD allready, and can work on the ireland show....

UKFriend2U
09-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Did you sort the Ireland and Back?

I have this in a special double set which came with a CD. However what I am trying to understand is that people here are selling or trading copyrighted material?

If this is Ok here then I can convert my Video to DVD without a problem. if need be if you run into copyright, i could possibly sell a DVD version in the double video/cd as it would purley be a backup of it.

Thanks

Pam_NDL
09-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Being a lawyer I can tell you that copying material that was sold commercially is copyright infringement. Many people seem to ignore this ! But is is a violation. Making a copy of something that was shown on tv for your own use is not a violation but copying it and then having someone else use it is a violation! I know alot of people who think this is ridiculous but it is the law--just as copying someone else's cd is wrong.

Pam

UKFriend2U
09-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Pam

I have tried posting twice now here and lost both post's.

I gonna cut this one, even shorter.

Thanks for your input and I'm sorry to others if I have stirred up something which may have been better left unsaid.

Pam, I agree and disagree with you, on your comment.

Yes you are correct in saying you are allowed to copy your own, owned material for your own use but you are incorrect assuming you are allowed to tape programs etc of TV. the reason being, the law stipulates that you are meant to delete this after a reasonable amount of time, as you do not hold the copyright on any such material unless you seek permission.

I know most of us do this, but Hey, how can we look back on our memories and say, Hey, did I really like this program or music, lol

Back to my post, it was why I said I can make a DVD of my officialy bought I&B Video/CD boxset as it does not breach the copyright.

Thanks for your input on this matter though and sorry to those, if this is stirred up now.

p.s I never understand how ppl on places like ebay sell there items, lol

garthymonkey
09-28-2005, 02:15 AM
I heard copying of the item and giving it to friends or other people(as a gift)without any payment are not violations of law. If the copied item is SOLD for money, it's a violation of law. But, it happens all the time actually. But, some rare or hard-to-find items cannot be reproduced, so people buy the copies with their money. It's out of control though... I think.

Skywise
09-28-2005, 02:50 AM
Did you sort the Ireland and Back?

I have this in a special double set which came with a CD. However what I am trying to understand is that people here are selling or trading copyrighted material?

If this is Ok here then I can convert my Video to DVD without a problem. if need be if you run into copyright, i could possibly sell a DVD version in the double video/cd as it would purley be a backup of it.

Thanks

I'm not selling anything actually....

Skywise
09-28-2005, 02:51 AM
I heard copying of the item and giving it to friends or other people(as a gift)without any payment are not violations of law. If the copied item is SOLD for money, it's a violation of law. But, it happens all the time actually. But, some rare or hard-to-find items cannot be reproduced, so people buy the copies with their money. It's out of control though... I think.

out of control? some of the regulations, I agree- ia gree w/ some ofit- and some of it's greed...

PJ
09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
I was looking through my tapes the other day and i had taped From Ireland and Back and The Central Park Shows.
The Central Park concert is available for purchase on home video.

UKFriend2U
09-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Sorry people as this has already gone off topic and I don't want to go into the in's and out's of copyright.

I never knew the CP video is for sale?

Is this still for sale?

The I&B was for sale in the UK many moons ago.

Melaine just let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks

PJ
09-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Is this still for sale?

Yep:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6304766904/qid=1127933027/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl27/102-4612212-4481740?v=glance&s=video&n=507846

Skywise
09-28-2005, 03:00 PM
The Central Park concert is available for purchase on home video.
that's true- if you can find it!

Skywise
09-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry people as this has already gone off topic and I don't want to go into the in's and out's of copyright.

Is this still for sale?

The I&B was for sale in the UK many moons ago.

Melaine just let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks

from memory- here in the US, garth "OFFICIALLY" released:

Video collection 1
video collection 2
This is Garth Brooks!
Garth Brooks in Central Park

An unauthorized bio called His life from Tulsa to the Top was also released..

in the UK/Europe, I know they did a Ireland and Back / CD dual pack thing...

UKFriend2U
09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Yes I have the I&B / CD dual pack as I bought a few spares which of whoch I still got 2 spares I think.

I have the From Tulsa To the Top on DVD.

In fact I have many rare and hard to get CD singles / promo's etc but never had the time ot list them all.

Not sure about the other Video's you talk about but I am sure I might have This is Garth Brooks.

Thanks

fuzzwuzz
09-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Can anybody make me a dvd of all Garth's tv appearances promoting Chris Gaines? Including the NBC and VH1 specials and talk shows?

Skywise
09-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes I have the I&B / CD dual pack as I bought a few spares which of whoch I still got 2 spares I think.

I have the From Tulsa To the Top on DVD.

In fact I have many rare and hard to get CD singles / promo's etc but never had the time ot list them all.

Not sure about the other Video's you talk about but I am sure I might have This is Garth Brooks.

Thanks
email me- i'd love to hear what you have!

Skywise
09-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Can anybody make me a dvd of all Garth's tv appearances promoting Chris Gaines? Including the NBC and VH1 specials and talk shows?

a CG DVD is already in the plans from my collection, Dale-!