PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wariner releases THIS REAL LIFE through website

fuzzwuzz
07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
SelecTone Records is pleased to announce the release of This Real Life by Steve Wariner on August 9th. This long-awaited album is only available online at www.stevewariner.com or by mail. It will not be available in stores. The cost is $12.99 plus tax/shipping. If you are interested in pre-ordering, you can order from the web site with a credit card or send in this completed page along with a money order. Your order will be shipped the week of August 9th (a personal check will hold your order up to 3 weeks). If you have any questions concerning the album please direct them to fanclub@stevewariner.com or to the address below.

Steve Wariner Fan Club

P.O. Box 1667

Franklin, TN 37065

fuzzwuzz
03-22-2006, 12:17 PM
USouth Puts on 'Road Show'
March 20, 2006
By Phyllis Stark

The band Alvarado Road Show has been signed to Nashville-based Universal South Records. The group, originally from Alvarado, Texas, is currently in the studio recording its debut CD with Steve Wariner producing.

Their first single is due in June with an album to follow this summer. The trio comprises Brandon Trey, AJ Clark and Wes Cleve Clark.
http://www.billboardradiomonitor.com/radiomonitor/news/format/country/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002199545

Garth_BradFan
03-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I've heard Steve play some songs from the album, it sounds like one to add to the collection and its about time Steve was back on the charts with a single. Maybe this album will do it?

Garth_FANtasizer
03-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Can't wait! I love Steve!

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Steve Wariner has paid his Nashville dues and is now playing just the way he likes: on his own terms.

After a 25-year career in country music, Wariner was able to start up his own recording label in 2002, Selectone Records, with friend Garth Brooks. His career began as bass player for Dottie West at age 17, and shortly after, he was offered his first recording contract by Chet Atkins. He runs his own studio as well, and divides his time between producing, performing, songwriting and being a family man. The latter two take up the greater share.

At Stubb's this past weekend, Steve and a band of all-star Nashville compatriots treated fans to a rare live tour de force of his career-making hits. The set also included a medley of country chart-toppers that he penned for Nashville artists Garth Brooks, Clint Black and Keith Urban, along with a cover of the Willie Dixon classic "I'm Ready," and the unreleased, Texas-themed "Blue Bonnet Memories."

The show was exactly what anyone would expect from a star with more than three decades of performing under his belt: energetic, dynamic and well-orchestrated. The performance was airtight and Steve had ample opportunity to showcase his Grammy Award-winning musicianship. He also threw in some George Benson-like scat/soloing and showed off his Atkins-influenced solo guitar picking chops. Particularly noteworthy were his up-tempo "Burning the Roadhouse Down," where the band had a chance to shine, and "Small Town Girl."

Wariner's 2005 release This Real Life, his second on Selectone, reflects his current state, as the songs are well crafted, polished and family-centered. He hasn't totally neglected the time-honored country themes of drinking, dancing and love lost, but the fact that he enjoys life and love occupy a greater portion of the album. The album has more of an adult-contemporary tone, with some jazz-influenced harmonies and wedding reception flavored ballads about everlasting love. This isn't unexpected from a man who has won Minnie Pearl and Angel Awards for his humanitarian work, and who celebrated the arrival of a grandson in November.

Steve is finally able to record on his own time and release an album only when he feels ready, and the benefits are clear on This Real Life. Each tune is carefully prepared, well-presented and radio ready. Throughout the CD, the songs are beautifully melodic and there are no throw-away tracks. Some exceptional tracks are good-timer "Real Tough Job," "Honky Tonk Work of Art" and the beautifully sparse "Right Then and There." The latter is a ballad which is only accompanied by acoustic guitar, and shows off Steve's voice perfectly. He also included a reworking of his hit "Holes in the Floor of Heaven," which he said has more of his live performance sound.

If you're into outlaw country and two-steps, this is not your album. But if you're into a polished work by a mature songwriter who has been around country music and back, check out This Real Life.
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2006/06/08/LifeArts/Veteran.Artist.Plays.Stubbs-2043044.shtml?norewrite200606080817&sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.com

Trishafan4life2
06-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Thank you so much for letting us know. I've been a fan of Steve's for many, many years as well as seeing perform live at the Opry and yes with Garth too at the Opry a couple of times.

Pretty cool ~ thank you for the heads up!!! :)

Garth_BradFan
06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Is Steve not the nicest man on the planet or what? If I get to heaven and the angels aren't like Steve Wariner, I want my return ticket. lol

By the way, Steve's back on the Opry tonight on the same bill as Brad Paisley. Think I'm asking too much for them to knock out a tune together?