PDA

View Full Version : Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven!

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM
We've been sitting at 7776 threads, in this forum, for over two hours, now...

... and I just can't stand it anymore!!!

So, here's to our Seven thousand, Seven hundred and Seventy-Seventh thread in the Planet GARTH Forum!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank You, Brandon & Moni, for putting up with all of us long enough to reach this milestone!!!

We should do something special...

... like each of us post SEVEN things we love about Garth!

... or post SEVEN things that we wish for Garth and his family!

... or whatever thing you feel like doing SEVEN of!!! ;)

Okay, so that was the best I could come up with, after 2 hours of thinking about it...

... but let's have some fun with it, okay???

Happy 7777, PG! :D
DeeDee

garthymonkey
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
We've got good things going on.....(Remember a Garth's song, I've got a good thing going?? Haha..)... Garth and Trisha engagement and the 7777 here.

OK. Let me give it a try...

Seven Things that I love about Garth

1. His music

2. His look

3. His humanity

4. The way he thinks about his fans

5. His "Sevens" album

6. His passion

7. The Planet Garth (Can I put this to it? :-))

I just wanted to make some list. Hehehe... sorry for being rude.

Jack

wmcinnis
06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
LOL Deedee, it was bugging me too.:D Woohoo!!

Thanks Brandon, Monica, Joyce and all the mods for keeping this Planet a great place to come to time and time again!:)

7 things I love about Garth:

1~The voice
2~The song selections
3~The way he wears his heart on his sleeve
4~His humbleness
5~His devotion to family, friends and fans
6~His energy
7~His ability to connect to an audience like no one I've ever seen.

-Susan-

AussieFan65
06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
7 things I love about Garth...

1. the way he gushes about Trisha
2. those awesome, piercing, blue eyes
3. his deep and meaningful songwriting
4. the way he brings his lyrics to life and makes you 'feel' the song
5. how he truly cares about his fans and makes time for them, not just content to take their $$$
6. his respect and appreciation of those who came before him
7. his devotion to being a good father to his girls. Men all around the world need to stand up and take notice.

Lynette

AronP24
06-10-2005, 08:30 PM
MY 7 FAVORITE MOMENTS IN ANY OF THE 9 GB WORLD TOUR II SHOWS I WENT TO...HOPE THIS BRINGS BACK SOME MEMORIES AND GIVES YOU A GOOSEBUMP OR TWO (hard to narrow it down ..i'm sure I'll do a part two to this!)

1) The pre-concert energy that you can actually feel in the air when the countdown goes to G-minus 5 minutes (anyone whose been knows that feeling...I just got chills thinkin' bout it)....and then everyone going absolutely insane when you hear "ALL STATIONS HAVE REPORTED IN...WE HAVE A GO..I REPEAT WE ARE A GO FOR THE _______ LEG OF THE 1996,7,8 GARTH BROOKS WOOOORRRRLLLLDDDD TOUR."

2)The Beginning of the piano entrance in 'Old Stuff' when the sheet flies off and the piano begins to raise up AND THEN when he shoots through the piano to the top saying: "And I prayed that _______goes wild tonight...."

3) "HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO___________________!!!!!HOW'S EVERYONE DOIN'...DOIN' OK? ON BEHALF OF THE BAND, THE CREW, AND ESPECIALLY MYSELF...THANKS FOR LETTING US COME BACK TO THE GREAT STATE OF___TO PLAY OUR MUSIC!"

4) That Garth stare with his hands on his hips after a song...when he just looks around in amazement and the crowd goes nuckin' futz' just from him looking around and grinning....

5) Jimmy's absolutely nutso solo before 'The Fever'; as the tour went on it got longer and better each show I saw; and of course the play on words and each other that GB and Jimmy would do before, during, and after the song such as "Noooo...everyone wantss jiimmmmyyy....well mr...jimmy...let's see what ya got...it's all you man...go aheadddd."

6)When the 'space ship' drum kit raises up and spins during "Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up..."

7) "Housekeeping"...when he would scan the crowd for signs during his encore...some of my favorites I heard during this period were...'That Summer' the rock/soul version (as done at one of the Tampa 98' shows after he read the sign of a lady sitting right next to me that said if I can remember correctly "wanted...young woman seeks singing cowboy's help for the summer...no experience necessary"), James Taylor medley including Sweet Baby James/Fire and Rain/etc.as done in Charlotte N.C., Midnight Cinderella, of course American Pie, Walkaway Joe with "Ms. Yearwood", and my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE encore I have ever heard him do which was during the second show of the tour in Atlanta on March 14th 1996...he came out with his guitar, sat at the edge of the stage and proceeded to play an AMAZING acoustic version of Bob Seger's "Turn the Page...",he had the crowd amazed and hoarse... you could just sense the joy, thankfullness, and the unknown in his voice and in his heart as he would sing the lines "Here I am...on the road again...here I am..up on the stage....Here I go, playing the star again...Here I am...Turn The Page..."...MAY WE ALL GET TO EXPERIENCE SIMILAR MOMENTS IN SIMILAR SHOWS BY THE BEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME...AND ALL IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE!!!!
-Aron

gloria07m
06-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Seven things I love about Garth!
1. His eyes
2. His heart
3. The way he makes you feel at a concert, like your the only one there.
4. His dedication to his girls.
5. The way he makes you feel everysong.
6. His sincerity
7. And of course that gorgeous smile

Garth , We sure do miss you. I cant wait for the next 7,777.

Gloria

GBronx
06-11-2005, 08:37 AM
WOW!! You guys!! Fantastic!!!

Aron!! I feel like I was there at all those concerts with you!!

My list of 7 would be the same as all the others posted!!
I just love that man!!

My thanks to Brandon & Moni and ALL the MODS past and present!!!

Great job!!
I love this Planet...

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
06-11-2005, 01:25 PM
OMG, you guys! :) I felt like SUCH A DORK when I started this thread, but my oldest daughter kept asking 'so, did anyone start a 7,777 thread yet?', and I kept saying NO, and she kept bugging me... 'do it, Mom, do it!' :rolleyes:

You guys are awesome! :D And Aron!!! VERY COOL!!! :D Thank you, so much, for taking the time to post all of that! You did an incredible job of capturing the spirit of those Garth concerts of old! So much so that I just HAD to plop down in front of the TV last night and watch 'This Is Garth Brooks' and 'This is Garth Brooks Too'... it had been SO LONG since I had seen them! Thank You! :)

Okay, so I'm gonna start with my SEVEN favorite things from the concerts, those televised and those I was fortunate enough to see LIVE in College Station, Texas...

1) The very last song on TIGB... 'and keep that THANG to yourself! Have a GOOD night...'

2) Garth playing the saxophone for 'One Night A Day'... how SEXY was that?

3) FILP on TIGB... the all-time BEST version of FILP he's EVER done!!! I love it when he nods his head and says 'no' at the same time.

4) The very last encore of the very last concert of his very last tour... so far! ;) I could have stayed there, all night, and listened to just Garth and his guitar. It was magic.

5) The post-script at the end of TIGB... boy, how I can relate to THAT!

6) Every little bump, grind, wiggle and swivel... especially on TIGB. That man drives me CRAZY!!! :eek:

7) The way he stood there, at the corner of the stage, strummin' his guitar and singing, and waited for me to take my picture... and the kiss he blew back when I blew him one! *sigh* :)

I think, if I could sit here all day and do it... I could probably come up with 7,777 things that I love about Garth when he's performing... but this will have to do for now! ;)

DeeDee :D