PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard the new CD yet? I have :)

takamine_player
05-25-2005, 11:14 PM
I really like the production of the CD. It's a lot more country than what I was expecting. That's a good thing! Lots of 80's-ish, early 90's-ish country radio single sounding songs. Does that make sense? Track #1, "Who Invented the Wheel," is a great intro track. Good male background vocals on this one, too. Don't know who it is though. Maybe the review on TY.com said, I don't remember. Track 2, "Pistol", has the vibe of "Squeeze Me In." Upbeat and rockin'. Track 5, "Baby Don't You Let Go" will be a very fun live song; kinda Sawyer Brown meets Trisha's old stuff. Track 3, "Trying to Love You," is a great ballad. My favorite song, so far. The full version of "Georgia Rain" clocks in at 5:11. Incredible song. Definitely the "Strawberry Wine" of the 2000's. It fits well as track #7. Track #8, "Sweet Love," is a very Bonnie Raitt-sounding track. Track #9, "Try Me," is a duet with Ronnie Dunn. Mrs. Brooks & Dunn. :) Not a bad song, but could be better. Two of my favorite country vocalists, but not necessarily a good duo. Track #10, "Gimme the Good Stuff," is Faith Hill-ish, the country Faith, that is. Good little tune. The CD finishes with "It's Alright." Texas-swing kinda song. Only 2 minutes and 12 seconds long. The other tracks were nothing special, but not filler, either. Overall, I like the CD and I think it'll be a big success. "Trying to Love You" is THE song in my opinion. Reminds me of two Garth songs: "You Move Me" and "She's Every Woman." Well that's my little review. I wish I could share my advance copy with all of you, but you know that's not possible or legal! Sorry. :)

SidleSmile
05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
"Trying to Love You" is THE song in my opinion. Reminds me of two Garth songs: "You Move Me" and "She's Every Woman."

:( <---me, totally jealous. And if "Trying To Love You" is at all similar to "You Move Me" or "She's Every Woman" it's going to be amazing! Those are two of my very favorite Garth songs!

lisar
05-26-2005, 06:25 AM
A friend sent me the link from Beth Neilsen Chapman's website to listen to "Trying To Love Me" and I got chills thinking of Trisha doign that song! It is totally a Trisha type of song. I can only imagine how amazing it's going to sound!

CFA915
05-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Wow, thanks for your review. I can't wait for Trisha's new cd to come out. Maybe with the success of Georgia Rain, they will move up the release date! Well, we can wish right???