PDA

View Full Version : PlanetTrisha Contest - Winners are announced!

ProducerJ
05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Welcome to PlanetTrisha!

In celebration of Trisha Yearwood's arrival back on our radios with her new single "Georgia Rain" (and in appreciation for her bringing Garth with her) PlanetGarth.com is holding a benefit raffle. All proceeds from the raffle will go directly to the Jasper County Humane Society, in Trisha's hometown of Monticello, GA.

One lucky member will receive a promotional radio single for "Georgia Rain" -- and lots of lucky animals will be protected from the Georgia rain! A second lucky member will receive a commemorative program from Garth's performance at the 2005 Country Music Hall of Fame Medallion Ceremony.

Every registered member of PlanetGarth.com (who wants one) will receive one entry into the drawing. To enter simply email your PlanetGarth screen name and your real name (first and last) to PlanetTrisha@aol.com . You will then be assigned a raffle ticket number by return email. In accordance with PlanetGarth rules, one PG screen name per person.

If you would like to increase your chances of winning - and help a good cause - you may make a donation to the Jasper County Humane Association. For every dollar you donate, you will receive an additional raffle number. There is no limit to the amount of your donation.

All donations need to be sent via check or money order (in U.S. Dollars) payable to the Jasper County Humane Society to:
PlanetTrisha Contest
P.O. Box 110004
Nashville, TN 37222

You MUST include your PG screen name and email address. Upon receipt of your donation you will receive your raffle ticket numbers via email.

Contest ends and entries must be received by 7pm Central May 27, 20005. Contest is open to all registered members of PlanetGarth.com around the world who have at least one counted post on the PG forums. Officer Spud will select a randomly generated ticket number and the winner will be posted on the PlanetTrisha forum by midnight May 30th and notified by email.

By entering this contest you agree that if you win you will not duplicate, copy or rip the audio from the prize CD, nor offer it for sale in private or in public. This radio promo is numbered and if found to be in violation of these rules, the winner's name and address will be turned over to MCA Records.

Officer Spud's decision is final, any and all monies collected in association with this contest will be sent directly to the Jasper County Humane Society. PlanetGarth staff members are not elligible to win.

Remember Trisha's CD, Jasper County will be available September 13th!

sandis
05-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeay!! What a wonderful idea. :) Second place isn't so bad, either. :D

-sandi

PJ
05-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Great idea! Thanks to Planet Trisha, Planet Garth, and Producer J!

wmcinnis
05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
This sounds great Joyce.:) Thanks!
-Susan-

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
05-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Great contest & great cause:) Thanks for setting this up Joyce.

CC

Teach
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Will definitely get my donation in the mail. Thanks, Joyce, for setting up this contest.

Mary Ann

AussieFan65
05-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Very cool idea Joyce :)

I like the fact that it's equal and fair for the global fans that make up this little community. Especially us (well us here in Oz anyway :P) who are a gozillion miles from y'all there in the US.

Lynette

Garthmedic
05-05-2005, 06:00 AM
**Officer spud here**

I will be on patrol here- making sure no funny business takes place :p

--spud--:)

sandis
05-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Donuts anyone? :-"

:p

-sandi

Serendipity
05-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Woohoo! This is so exciting! Thanks for organizing this! Isn't the Jasper County Humane Society going to be nicely surprised by all the donations!

Dana

MelanieR
05-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Very Cool!!! thanks for Setting this up Joyce!! :D

CFA915
05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Wow, what a great idea. I'll be sending in my donation ASAP.

ProducerJ
05-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Chances are good so far.... only 35 entries. Everyone who sent an entry that met the rules (registered member of PG with at least one post here on the Planet) should have their raffle number.

If you are sending a donation and it doesn't get here by Friday... don't panic if you don't hear from me with your numbers right away. I'll be out of town Saturday - Wednesday and will get caught up on everything the following weekend.

J.

ProducerJ
05-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Cleared the P.O. Box today, thanks to those who have sent in donations! We're up to $126.77 in donations for the Jasper County Humane Association. Everyone who's donation I received was sent their raffle numbers.

It will be a week before I get a chance to go to the P.O. Box again. I AM hoping to "run into" Trisha out in Las Vegas and give her a heads up that we're doing this.

Will give you a full report when I return.
J.

ProducerJ
05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
The following donations came in while I was in Vegas:

Teach
Jasper
CFA915
MusicFan43
PamNDL

Our current total is $251.77 ! Awesome! I will send everyone their raffle numbers after I put Laynie to bed tonight.

There's still time to get your donation in if you haven't yet!
J.

May_G&T_fan
05-21-2005, 08:28 PM
I definitly want to donate, even bought a money order already, so I better get moving! My will be in the mail monday, I promise! ...Off to email my screen name for my raffle number.
marissa

ProducerJ
05-22-2005, 02:09 AM
I will send everyone their raffle numbers after I put Laynie to bed tonight.

Someone tell my daughter to go to bed! *sigh* She thinks summer vacation means a 24/7 slumber party. And she's too cute for me to tell her no.

Ok... raffle numbers tomorrow. Umm... make that a little later today.

J.

jasper
05-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Enjoy those 24/7 slumber parties, Mommy. A mutual friend of ours reminded me to enjoy life. I'm having chocolate for breakfast in her honor today. Joan

ProducerJ
05-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks Joan. I've been eating chocolate non-stop since I got back from Vegas and don't have to worry about fitting into that dress any more! :)

Everyone should have their raffle numbers now.
Still plenty of time to enter! Remember - everyone gets a free entry!
J.

ProducerJ
05-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Ok - raffle is closed. Everyone has their raffle numbers that entered via email... spud will be drawing the winner soon (I think he's away right now.) Stay tuned!
J.

Garthmedic
05-29-2005, 10:24 AM
We have winners!!!

Winning number for the Trisha Yearwood "Georgia Rain" cd was 944. Congratulations to Kayla (MusicFan43).

Winning number for the Country Music Hall of Fame Medallion program was 758. Congratulations to Sandi (Sandis)

Thanks to all who entered and played.

Joyce will be contacting you soon. :)

--spud--:)

sandis
05-29-2005, 12:40 PM
:)

Thanks J., and Spud!

-sandi

ProducerJ
05-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Congratulations Ladies!

I have both of your addresses from your checks, so I will be sending these out in the next couple of days.

Thanks to everyone who played along! We had 30 people enter, and 10 who contributed donations. Will post when I send the donations at the end of this week.
J.

musicfan43
05-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Woohoo, sweet! Something to tide me over until September :)

Thanks Joyce, for setting this up, and Spud!

Kayla

ProducerJ
06-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Kayla - did you get your CD? It should be there by now!

J.

musicfan43
06-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Just got it today...I was excited! Mail to middle-of-nowhere Kansas can be slow :) Thanks again for all this, very cool!

Kayla