PDA

View Full Version : It's not a....

Evelynssunshine
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Just to clarify..... (joyce..ha ha) It is not a pink bra in the new promo picture for the single.....on trishayearwood.com they have added a new picture and she's in the same clothes. It's a pink tank top....
Look in the "news" section on the website.

:-)

sandis
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
The picture under "dates" is better; I think it's actually a chemise-type of dress. :)

Everyone should go check out the new pictures, they're under the "dates", "news", and "fans" tabs. When I saw them earlier today I posted on Trisha's site, but it got too hectic to come here... sorry! :(

-sandi

ProducerJ
05-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Well thank goodness she gave us the full frontal view of her black bra so we didn't think the pink thing we were seeing in the side view was it!

The picture on the "fans" tab is the pose that is on the radio single cover, FYI.

Personally, I much prefer the classy, ladylike Trisha we see on the home page and the music page over the 'just rolled out of bed hair-too much black eyeliner-here, let me show you my underwear' Trisha they're showcasing on the news page.

But that's just me.
J.

BLL
05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Face it she has to copmpete with Twain and all her clones. I think she looks sexy without being vulgar, but I don't like the whole 'its okay for straps and lingerie to show' fashion vogue either.

Garthmedic
05-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Am I the only one here who doesn't mind? :D

--spud--:)

AussieFan65
05-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Well Spud, I like the pics and the whole sexy/raunchy look. Although Trisha could wear a brown paper bag and she would still look fab.

I just think it shows just how she feels in her life right now...completely comfortable in her skin and very self assured. Who knows, maybe it's the first time she's ever really felt like that and I can say is...thank you Garth. :)

Lynette

sandis
05-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Am I the only one here who doesn't mind? :D

--spud--:)
I love you Spud. :D She does look wonderful--in a totally different way than you have in mind, of course. :p

-sandi

Garth_FANtasizer
05-03-2005, 03:02 AM
I think she looks fabulous and fashionable. Nothing wrong with that. The great thing about it is with Trisha, no matter how beautiful she looks on the outside, the inside is even better. And to complete the package, her beautiful voice outshines it all.

Garth is a lucky man.

~Ann~

olewis77
05-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Personally I don't see anything wrong with the pics. Trisha will always be one of those women who is just beautiful. No matter what, she is classically beautiful. I don't think she's trying to compete with Shania and her clones...I think she's setting the bar for those women, be sexy without being blatent...its about looking like you don't have to be sexy while being sexy. A casual look that is all the more sexy because she really feels it right now in her life. Like how Faith Hill went from girls next door, to everyday sexy after she married Tim...its the same thing...

Olivia:)

jasper
05-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Lynette, I think you have a good point. Here in the states Sep 1 is often the date used to start school, so Trisha may have always been the tallest kid in her class until high school and the boys getting some heighth. We all know that Nashville has a "look" for women, and our Ms. T is not 5'2" and 110. Now she has a man who tells everyone how wonderful she is and a fan base that is really ready to hear new Trisha music. I just want to know that she had control of the music. Hair, makeup, and clothes are just side issues.

jasper
05-03-2005, 08:29 PM
LOL. Excuse me while I reply to myself. I know hair, makeup, and clothes sell CDs, but I don't think of her hair, makeup, or clothes when Patsy Cline is mentioned. I also know Trisha has said she is not ready yet to be the wise, old sage woman. I am sure her intelligent self has given the presentation of the total package a lot of thought. I can't wait to see the total package. Joan

trigarthfan03
05-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I really am happy about Trisha coming back.And ya know,I like the new pictures.They say change is good.I mean-I WAS a little surprised at first.But I like Surprises.:)....Trisha has been away from the music scene for so long.And truthfully,it really doesn't matter what a person wears.When it boils down to the bottom line,it's about the talent.The voice...the person behind the voice.And the reaction that the person gets from the fans.From what I've heard so far,everything has been positive and everyone, even non-fans are praising her return.She doesn't even have to try and compete with the likes of shania twain and faith hill.Why?-Because Trisha doesn't have to.She doesn't have to squeeze into pants that are two sizes too small and a shirt that'll fit on a barbie doll to look great or get attention.Trisha is her own person.(As Garth said anyway:) ).....Trisha Yearwood is who she is,and there's nothing that we can do to change that (NOT that we would change anything).I think it goes without saying that Garth's a lucky guy...he knows it,too.She's returning back to her roots.Back to the "Georgia Rain"...Trisha is living proof that youcan be 40 and still look great!She's comfortable in her own skin...I think that that's what's important.You gotta believe in yourself before anyone else will.And she's got PLENTY of people that believe.;)....

Okay-This is gettin' long,so I'll step off my soapbox now....That's just my 7 cents.:)

Tiffany

ProducerJ
05-03-2005, 10:05 PM
All right y'all... don't go getting in a tizzy. I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with the way she looked now, just that I preferred the classy side of Trisha in those other pictures.

God only knows I'm wearing clothes now I would never have worn 2 years and 40 lbs ago. I'm sure it's very much what Lynette said about being comfortable in your own skin. I just don't happen to be comfortable enough in mine to show everyone my bra... but as Barbara said, that's very much the style these days.

J.

jasper
05-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Joyce, we'd never get in a tizzy about anything you say. I'll only speak for myself. You are keeping me from being totally ignorant. To tell you the truth, I don't understand about the eye makeup and would have to see the clothes in person, but I'll believe that Trisha is as smart as Garth says she is and has a reason for any decision. :) Joan

fuzzwuzz
05-03-2005, 11:36 PM
I just thought of something! What if Garth and Trisha marry and have kids of their own? We might never see Garth, or her, again!! Afterall, she isn't getting any younger!

Snow
05-04-2005, 12:03 AM
*LOL* Patsy Cline definitely was an amazing talent..... but even she was very fashion and make-up conscious during her time. She was "Nashville Glamor" personified for that time period. Ever watch Coal Miner's daughter for Loretta's rememberances of their shopping, makeup, etc. and how she helped Loretta in getting it together?

If you're in showbiz... male or female... styling is always going to be a concern. Maybe it shouldn't be... but it is.

olewis77
05-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I think some of it has to do with the public being fickle. I mean lets face it, we wouldn't want to see some fat guy in dirty jeans and a flannel shirt singing songs about love and relationships, and we wouldn't want to see wome plain jane trying to sing about being well love by her man.

We want the images songs put in our heads to be matched by the person singing them...it shouldn't matter, songs and singers should be judged on their own merit, not how good they look in tight jeans and tiny tops, but not everyone agrees with that. Some people think of bodies and clothing when you say a celeb's name, others think of the song, the movie, the person...what have you. Part of it is vanity on both the artists part and the public's but I personally think the media and photographers have a lot to do with it. In the age where you can't even eat in public without fearing a camera in your face people have become very image conscious.

anyway, I think Trisha doesn't have anything to worry about, she looks great, sounds great and it all comes out in those pics...

Olivia:)

Evelynssunshine
05-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I believe that some artists are known for their image and others for their talent. I think the ones remembered by their talent are the cream that rises to the top. I believe Trisha is this kind of artist. (Not to take away from her image because she is beautiful indeed)..... If I were in music I wouldn't want to be known for my belly button. I'd rather be known for my ability to move people with a song.

If you guys like Trisha, I'll take this opportunity to give a quick plug to my friend Karyn Rochelle who will be released sometime this year to radio. She co-wrote the song "Georgia Rain" and there's more where that came from. I hope you all will love her as much as I do! Trisha has the greatest fans!

Okay, enough about that. This is TRISHA'S planet....and I LOVE her. Can't wait to see the new video. Does anyone know when it's coming out?

sandis
05-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Okay, enough about that. This is TRISHA'S planet....and I LOVE her. Can't wait to see the new video. Does anyone know when it's coming out?
Nope... I've asked (well, posted) that question about 3 times on ty.com, and so far it's been ignored.. except by someone who keeps telling me and a couple of others to "relax".. :rolleyes:

I'm very relaxed, I'd just like to know! :D

-sandi

Serendipity
05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
LOL I agree Sandi! I just want to know so I can focus my anticipation. :)
Hey I see you're in the top ten Isquaders.....Way to go!

Remind us when your friend hits the airwaves! I always like to hear new talent.

Dana