PDA

View Full Version : CMT Hot Dish

May_G&T_fan
04-25-2005, 01:18 PM
I was checking out Hazel's Hot Dish and read this...

I see where Vince Gill was voted president of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum for a fourth term and E.W. "Bud" Wendell elected chairman for a fifth term. New officers include Trisha Yearwood, Robert W. McLean, Lyric Street's Randy Goodman, Universal Music Group Nashville's Luke Lewis and Tim McGraw's manager, Scott Siman.

Am I reading wrong or is Trisha a new officer for the HOF?
-marissa

jagnikhah
04-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah I read that too. Interesting and cool.
Heather

May_G&T_fan
04-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I guess it's true, that's awesome! :)
I was confusing myself before after I read this other mention in the tennessean & read it wrong, I guess that's what happen when you're searching the net at 1am!

Here's the tennessean mention...
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum recently named trustees:

E. W. ''Bud'' Wendell, re-elected to a fifth one-year term as chairman.

Vince Gill, elected to a fourth consecutive term as president.

Nelson Andrews, E.W. ''Bud'' Wendell and Tim Wipperman were re-elected to three-year terms as trustees.

New officers elected to one-year terms were Randy Goodman, president, Lyric Street Records; Luke Lewis, co-chairman, UMG Nashville; Robert McLean, president, McLean & Co.; Scott Siman, president, rpm management LLC; and country music entertainer Trisha Yearwood.

sandis
04-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Trisha's always been a huge supporter of the Hall of Fame (and the "history" of country music); I'm not surprised. This is way cool!

-sandi

Paula
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I read this last week and thought I had read about it before; and naturally, I thought I had read about it at PG so didn't post it. I guess I must have read it somewhere else.

Paula

PJ
04-25-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm sure it's extra special for Trisha since she used to work at the museum as a guide WAY back when.

AlabamaJeremy
04-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Yup....and they even have two of her filled out applications on display there!

sandis
04-26-2005, 12:51 AM
When I was there last summer her display was right next to Garth's. :D

-sandi

Snow
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Very cool! :D