PDA

View Full Version : DARE America & Garth???

jman
04-20-2005, 05:24 PM
I received a email from the Oklahoma State DARE traning center wanting to know some contact info on Mr. Brooks as DARE America is wanting to invite him to National DARE Confernce. I am not sure if DARE America is wanting Mr. Brooks for this year or next.

I have looked all over the place trying to find management phone numbers or addresses with no luck. I know he lives not too far from me in NE Oklahoma but I just didn't wanna hang around the old feedstore just to talk to him, he might think I'm some kinda crazy stalker or something, LAFF!!!

Anyone that can point me in a better direction, all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Deputy Jon Copeland (DARE Instructor/Mentor)
Washington County Sheriff's Office
Bartlesville, Ok. 74003
918-337-2800 (office number)
**PM spud for email addy**

Garthmedic
04-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Hello Deputy Copeland!

Welcome to Planetgarth.com. Normally, we do not allow personal contact information to be posted here, however since you are law enforcement- and I doubt anyone is going to spam a cop from this board, I chose to keep it up. Besides, I also work on your side of the line ;)

The address for Garth's management company is:
GB Management
1111 17th Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37212

Good luck and stay safe, brother!

--spud--:)

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Welcome!

I'm gonna suggest they take off your email since it's your work email. I get all kinds of spam on my PG 7 Questions email address, and the only place it's ever been posted is here on this site. I think webcrawlers just wiggle through webpages and gather any emails that are posted.

J.

Garthmedic
04-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok... I already emailed him the addy, anyway.

To anyone else who would like to send deputy Copeland an email, PM me for his information.

--spud--:)

olewis77
04-21-2005, 06:45 AM
I think it's a great idea personally...Garth is always into childrens interests this would be a great one!

Welcome Deputy Copeland and good for you for being a DARE cop...sadly the DARE program here in Ohio was terminated due to budget cuts...a tragedy I think and said so in my letter to the chief...didn't work, but as a member of the first graduating class in Ohio, I felt I had to do soemthing...

Lucky for me hubby's a cop so we can still get some of the coloring books and activities and things for our young girls...

Anyway, welcome and stay safe

Olivia:)

jman
04-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info!! I have forwarded that to the State office where it will be directed to someone with DARE America in the regional office. Sad to hear that DARE got the axe in Ohio, it was recently canned in the city I live in (which happens to be the county seat), however the high Sheriff told me and the office's other DARE officer that he planned to maintain the program to the rural schools in which we teach.

It is an awesome program which, more importantly than anything else, allows law enforcement to have a positive relationship with kids and the community.

Again thanks for the info all, and thanks for taking the email addy off. Hadn't really thought about spam and whatnot, but appreciate the thot.

Good times, and always remember to shoot low sheriff, the bad guys are ridin shetlans ponies!! LAFF

Jman