PDA

View Full Version : The new single is OFFICIALLY HERE - are you hearing it?

ProducerJ
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a thread to hear what radio stations were playing Trisha's new single. It was digitally delivered just after 2pm central today, and hard copies were sent UPS overnight yesterday, and arrived today.

The cover of the radio single is... umm.... different. I'll go to the main forum and post it. Her hair is very... unkept... and she's wearing a black sweater that only covers her shoulders so her pink satin bra is fully exposed. Totally NOT what I'd have expected out of Trisha.

So -- if you hear the song, give a shout out! I'm going to try to find that link that artists websites put up to make everyone's requesting easy.

J.

ProducerJ
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Oh! The single contains a 4:15 radio edit and a 5:08 album version.

J. <--- heard it at 9:40am CST on XM's Highway 16

sandis
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I heard it at 10:40 am EST on XM's Highway 16 :D

but haven't heard it since :(

PJ
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Me neither!

lee512w
04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
YES!!
I heard it at 11 am on US-101 in Chattanooga and the cool thing of it was~I was in the Georgia Rain (well maybe it was drizzle but...) and loved hearing both Trisha and Garth back on the radio even if he was just the background vocals! :D

Leelee

Paula
04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Yes, I did, at about 10:40am while bending over my desk straining to hear through the speakers that are underneath my desk. :)

Paula

Vanessa
04-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I heard it at 4:30 here in Maryland :)

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

GBShameless
04-13-2005, 05:52 AM
LMAO Paula!!! I can picture that :)

Leave it to the Kruser to play it first at the station, way to go!!!

But I still haven't heard it :(

Robin

Jen19
04-13-2005, 12:38 PM
still haven't heard it in Nashville called all 3 stations one said not till next week. other said anyday now, and other other seemed like they had no idea about it.

I'm a waiting and will keep calling

JEN

SidleSmile
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm running into the same thing as you Jen...what's up with that? I mean, people are hearing it in other states and we can't have it here in the "country music capital of the world"? How is that? I'll keep trying but they are beginning to annoy me. Wonder if I can persuade Blair Garner? Worth a try!

ETA--I just tried 95.5 again and they said yes they have it and they'll play it! I'm listening somewhat patiently...

May_G&T_fan
04-13-2005, 06:09 PM
When I called my dj's show this afternoon she was all excited about Trisha being back & then I asked "do ya'll have the single yet?" & she said, "uhh, I'll try to find it, bye." And I still haven't heard it!

ProducerJ
04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok... here are the your favorite radio stations. :D These are the stations that spun the song on Tuesday, ranked by market size. (I know y'all think I put Highway 16 at the top, but I swear, it's by market size.) She definately needs some major market adds! Funny though that they put CMT in the Nashville market - but hey, she got 2 spins on the song there!

XH16 Country Network 2
SINC Country Network 1
WXTU Country 6 Philadelphia 2
KILT Country 7 Houston 1
WKHX Country 11 Atlanta 1
KMPS Country 14 Seattle 1
KMLE Country 15 Phoenix 1
KUSS Country 17 San Diego North Coun... 1
WPOC Country 19 Baltimore 1
KYGO Country 22 Denver 1
WDSY Country 23 Pittsburgh 1
WGAR Country 25 Cleveland 2
WUBE Country 26 Cincinnati 1
KNCI Country 27 Sacramento 1
WGH Country 40 Norfolk 3
WKDF Country 45 Nashville 1
CMTV Country 45 Nashville 2
WBEE Country 54 Rochester, NY 1
KIIM Country 62 Tucson 1
WQMX Country 73 Akron/Canton 1
WNKT Country 89 Charleston 1
WGNE Country 94 Daytona Beach/Melbou... 1
KZSN Country 95 Wichita 1
WUSY Country 105 Chattanooga 2
WKXC Country 109 Augusta 1
WOKQ Country 116 Portsmouth/Dover/Roc...
KFTX Country 134 Corpus Christi 1
KTTS Country 144 Springfield, MO 1
WKCN Columbus, GA 1

Jen19
04-13-2005, 07:38 PM
what is cmt.. is that the tv station or there a cmt radio show, the music video isn't out yet is it. Or are they counting the tv repeat of the awards show - intersteing. I call WKDF they said next week and they played it yesterday how annoying they don't know what they are playing.

JEN

May_G&T_fan
04-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Ahhh! It's on XM right now! VERY COOL!

Paula
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
LMAO Paula!!! I can picture that :)

Leave it to the Kruser to play it first at the station, way to go!!!

But I still haven't heard it :(

RobinActually, I wasn't listening to WKLB so I don't know if they're playing it yet or not. I was listening to XM online.

Paula

Paula
04-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Ahhh! It's on XM right now! VERY COOL!Ugh, I'm still having issues with XM online at home where I can crank it up.

Paula

sandis
04-13-2005, 08:44 PM
No big surprise that WMZQ isn't on the list....

trigarthfan03
04-13-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm still not hearing it down here in Florida.:(...They're talking about how happy they are that Trisha's back and that the song is great,but they aren't playing "Georgia Rain".Actually,one of my stations,WWKA did for the "Shadow's Showdown"-Trisha won against Billy Dean,BTW.They played like 5 Different songs,anything but her NEW song,right?One of my stations,WHKR takes like forever to play new music.It took them like two months to start playing SugarLand's
"Baby Girl"....I hope it doesn't take that long for "Georgia Rain".They're not gonna like me for a while.But seriously,I have four stations in my area(WWKA,WKRO,WPCV,WHKR)-You'd think I'd hear it by now.And requestin doesnt seem to do any good.I don't know what to do.:(

Tiffany

Jen19
04-13-2005, 08:58 PM
WSIX in nashville just said it will be on for there 8pm 3 song game they play- I'm ready -- whooo

JEN

ProducerJ
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Well just remember... those listings are only from day one... and given that they didn't get it out in time for morning shows to air, I think that's a pretty strong first day showing! And granted, a lot of them were the "smash or trash" type programs, but everything I"ve read shows it getting "smash" so it should get officially added.

For comparison, the most added song last week on the R&R chart was Josh Gracin, with 27 stations. Trisha should blow that away next week!

BLL
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM
We have two country stations - a 'classic' country that plays a lot of Garth, and a Clear "we play crud pop pap and call it Country" Channel station. So I've not heard it today.

ProducerJ
04-14-2005, 07:37 AM
She's up to 40 outlets that have played it at least once, including all three Nashville radio stations. So far, XM, CMT, and WUSY out of Chattanooga lead the pack with 4 spins each.

J.

sandis
04-14-2005, 09:00 AM
I heard it on XM this morning. :D

Evelynssunshine
04-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks so much, Joyce, for your info. It's interesting to see how this stuff all works. Keep us updated! Go Trisha!

Evelynssunshine
04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I heard GR on the morning show this morning with Gerry House here in Nashville. Callers voted and she was a complete 10! (Although one guy gave her a 9.5 but they averaged it out.) Anyway......I HEARD IT ON THE RADIO! GO TRISHA!

Carol Ann
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey Joyce, are you going to post the picture of Trisha on the cover of the single? I know you mentioned that you might and I'd love to see it. Also, my two local country stations here in Canda don't have the single yet. One station told me they should have it in about a month! Do things work differently in different countries. I'd think we'd usually get it around the same time as the U.S. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Carol

Jen19
04-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I have heard three times today one of the morning hosts - does a new song rating thing and it did very well almost all 10s !!!

Keep requesting it. GO Trisha

lee512w
04-14-2005, 04:00 PM
She's up to 40 outlets that have played it at least once, including all three Nashville radio stations. So far, XM, CMT, and WUSY out of Chattanooga lead the pack with 4 spins each.

J.

I knew I listened to that station for some reason!! (other than they're bringing Keith Anderson to town next month!!)

Leelee

ProducerJ
04-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey Joyce, are you going to post the picture of Trisha on the cover of the single? I know you mentioned that you might and I'd love to see it. Also, my two local country stations here in Canda don't have the single yet. One station told me they should have it in about a month! Do things work differently in different countries. I'd think we'd usually get it around the same time as the U.S. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Carol

Here you go Carol... I had to post it in the main forum... you can't post pictures in non-Garth forums.

Trisha in her pink bra (http://planetgarth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2726)

I believe there's usually a separate release schedule for Canada, but I can't swear to it. Do you usually get things later?

J.

PJ
04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I looked at the pic and might that be a pink tank top instead? Hard to tell on the small pic.

sandis
04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
:O :O :O

That's exactly what I asked, PJ!! She just may kill us both. Swears it's a bra, though. I, however, don't see her running around with her tummy for all to see--unless Garth is playing photographer now? :-?

And well... that would be a whole other story... :D

-sandi

ProducerJ
04-15-2005, 07:51 AM
It's easier to tell in the full sized version, because you can see the little things that the strap threads through and the design of the fabric. I swear, I've got a white one just like it. I figure it went with the whole "just fell out of bed touseled hair" thing she has going.

J.

AussieFan65
04-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Ooooh thanks Joyce, that pic is stunning. I LOVE her hair messy like that.

Lynette

PJ
04-15-2005, 08:49 AM
I definitely take your word on it J since you can see it up close and personal, but I agree it's certainly a different look for Trisha.

Paula
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I called my radio station to request it last night during the request hour and I was told they weren't playing it yet.:( :mad: When I told the DJ they were behind other stations, he told me I should email the program director.

Paula

trigarthfan03
04-15-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm STILL not hearing it here.I emailed my DJ here yesterday,and he still hasn't emailed back yet.Actually,My stations here do seem to be playing more of Trisha lately.And it's not just the run-of-the-mill HDIL and SILWTB (Athough nothing is wrong with those songs)....But I actually heard TSRW the other day on the radio.And it seems like every time that they do,they always make some comment about "The Relationship" or about her making a comeback.And yet,they still won't play "Georgia Rain".This ain't right...I have FOUR stations in my area,you'd think I'd of heard it now.But what can ya do?

Tiffany

Debbie from NZ
04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Ha! When I opened the pic one of my coworkers thought it was Britney!

jagnikhah
04-17-2005, 11:14 PM
None of my local stations have played it to where Ive heard it. However, one did play SMI today and I havent heard them play that in years.

Heather

ProducerJ
04-18-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm curious... has anyone heard if there is going to be a retail single for Georgia Rain?

Paula
04-18-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm curious... has anyone heard if there is going to be a retail single for Georgia Rain?You're asking us? Girl, we look to you for that information.:D

Paula

trixie1717
04-19-2005, 07:07 AM
We're a much smaller market here in Williamsport, PA, but I thought I'd let y'all know that I got the djs at 95.5 WBYL to play it and they played it last week (Thursday I think) and yesterday during their noon time request hour. The dj said he's been getting a lot of calls for it (and it actually wasn't me yesterday, cuz I was working).

sandis: That comment about Garth playing photographer almaost made me give my computer a coffee shower! Too funny!!!!

ProducerJ
04-19-2005, 11:51 AM
You're asking us? Girl, we look to you for that information.:D

Paula
Ok, fine. I had heard from some folks that someone had taken the picture I'd posted here of the radio single and was saying that that was the cover of the retail single. So I thought if the information was out there, it would save me a call to the label.

At any rate, I called the label, and there will NOT be a retail single to buy before the album hits stores.

They also said there are 9 official "ADDS" for the song, but they're actually encouraging stations to not officially add it until Add day, so they can have a huge first week.

J.

GBsgirl
04-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I heard the single here in San Angelo, TX this morning.

Pammy

sandis
04-19-2005, 12:11 PM
At any rate, I called the label, and there will NOT be a retail single to buy before the album hits stores.

J.
What?? That sucks!!! I guess it's their way of making sure everyone buys the album, huh? :p They don't have to worry about that, that's for sure. :D

CFA915
04-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Darn, I was also hoping that a single would be released since the cd won't be out until September.

I remember the days of eagerly anticipating a single from a new album and of course would rush out to buy it (and the cd it was from) as soon as they hit the stores. I guess those days are over.

Thanks for the update.

Carol Ann
04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I've emailed both stations in my area and neither one of them have the single yet so it would be my guess that we don't get it here in Canada at the same time as the U.S.

Carol

sandis
04-19-2005, 01:50 PM
With all the demand for the single, and the requests, I can't imagine that they'd wait until September to release the album... would they? :eek:

Please tell me that they'd push UP the release date?! :(

-sandi

AussieFan65
04-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Ok I am totally bummed :(

I was sooooo looking forward to a physical, in my hand, single. Why oh why would they not release one??? Don't they realise that not everyone has access to, or even wants, just digital music?

Keith Urban's 'You're My Better Half' was released here last month and it was so exciting to discover there was also a fab accoustic version of Days Go By on it, not to mention the liner notes and oh, the hot cover pic of him ;) And all for about $1.50US, a bargain if you ask me.

Lynette

AlabamaJeremy
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
I am new here.......so HI! I usually post at TY.com, but you all know how it is over there........

Anyway, although I just registered today, I have been reading this forum for a long time now.....and lately I can't help but notice that someone over here is picking apart everything that is being said at TY.com and re-wording it to try to make it look like the posters at this forum are of a more competent state of mind than those at TY.com. Allow me to set a few things straight......

I am the guilty party who took the picture.....I, however, did not say say it was from "the retail single".....I said it was from the promotional single that was sent to radio....the only comment I made is that the fact that there was cover art suggested that a retail single was a possibility.....but I am not responsible for how people may have taken that comment....I was as clear as possible. I even stated that, these days, singles are more commonly sold digitally over the internet, and that would be the best bet for any single release.

I also know that it was blogged by a friend of mine....and the comments made there can be contributed to miscommunication from me. For that, I apologize. It was all merely speculation.

But in closing, I would like to thank everyone for all the information I am able to receive in the "Planet Trisha" forum. And, aside from this semi-rant, I look forward to the conversations and the information that I plan to experience around here....especially since I already recognize a few of you from TY.com

....Jeremy

360David
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
My Radio Stations, both Clear Channel, says that MCA has not told them anything about a new Trisha single.

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Hi Jeremy... Welcome to PlanetTrisha! I think, LOL...

I'm not a member of Trisha's site, so I don't know you or what you may or may not have said anywhere else, but I do know the PG posters pretty darn well, and I sure haven't seen anyone here post negatively about the competency or state of mind of posters at Trisha's Official site. There are people who are upset at the moderators, sure... but I think if you hang out here you'll find the majority of the people who post here at PlanetTrisha post at Ty.com as well, so knocking the posters at Trisha's site would just be everyone bashing themself.

At any rate... I work in the music industry but the retail world is completely foreign to me. But according to Trisha's label (who, I learned the hard way, apparently is not a good enough source for Ty.com, but they are good enough for me) there are not plans for a retail single. So the question has been answered.

And David... your radio stations suck! :D Come on over to Radio to the Power of X !

fuzzwuzz
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
If TY.com is being openingly welcomed here at PG now, how about that other Garth site or two some of us here also visit from time to time?

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I heard it yesterday afternoon on my my fave station here, KMPS. Yay! It is a beautiful song! Bummer that there will not be a single, but I too hope that the label may decide to push up the album release date:D Welcome Jeremy:) And thanks, as always, Joyce for all the great info!

CC

May_G&T_fan
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh, it's on XM right now again! God bless XM! :angel:

sandis
04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Stop the presses--Georgia Rain was on WMZQ tonight, at 7:05 pm!!! :eek:

I almost wrecked my car. Yes, it was that much of a shock. I've sent at least 7 or 8 emails, called about 5 times, and I guess they finally put it on one of those "smackdown" shows... :rolleyes: Still haven't heard it on the morning show, though.

Ohhh.. I just went to the radio station's site, and tonight's her 3rd night. She's up against Miranda Lambert's Bring Me Down--I can't imagine she'll lose, but stranger things have happened! She did beat the new Rascal Flatts single, "Fast Cars and Freedom", last night... now that surprises me. In a VERY good way. :D

-sandi

sandis
04-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Trisha won by 76% of the votes. :D :D :D

MelanieR
04-20-2005, 08:09 PM
I've emailed both stations in my area and neither one of them have the single yet so it would be my guess that we don't get it here in Canada at the same time as the U.S.

Carol

Hi Carol i live in Canada too and I dont have any country music stations near me but i can get Edmonton's Country Station through our satelite and i've been listening trying to hear Georgia Rain on there but either they dont have it or i just have real bad timing.

wmcinnis
04-20-2005, 08:26 PM
After reading your post last night Carol I decided to email our local station....surprisingly I got a quick reply back that they do have the single and will start spinning it tomorrow:D....I listen to KICX, what station do you listen to?
-Susan-

AlabamaJeremy
04-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll!

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 09:03 PM

I almost wrecked my car.

Terrestrial Radio Traitor.

sandis
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Terrestrial Radio Traitor.
:-"

You were playing something I didn't like. :o

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 09:58 PM
On all 130 channels?????

AlabamaJeremy
04-20-2005, 10:04 PM

I almost wrecked my car.
-sandi

LOL I actually *did* wreck my car over a Trisha song.....it was back in 1997 when "How Do I Live" first came out.....I recorded it from the radio and then, while I was listening to it in my car, my radio tried to eat the tape. So, of course, I struggled to correct the situation.....and I almost missed the curve....and the roads were wet......and my tires were almost bald.....and as I jerked the steering wheel to avoid hitting the telephone pole at the edge of the curve, I did a 360 and skidded across a ditch, ripping apart the rear end and the front suspension on my little Pontiac Grand Am (that I loved).......as I wobbled the little car back 2 miles up the road to my house, though saddened by the accident and the damage to my car, I felt joy as the tape freed itself from the tangled mess it had become within the car stereo, and Trisha Yearwood sang me all the way back home.....

A funny side note: when this accident occurred, I was on my way to a car lot to see about trading mine in on a newer one.......

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 10:10 PM
THUD

Jeremy... I need to introduce you to this thread (http://planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118254)

sandis
04-20-2005, 10:20 PM
On all 130 channels?????

Umm... I was searching for Georgia Rain. I had a craving. :o

I'm a closet channel surfer; what can I say?

sandis
04-20-2005, 10:20 PM
THUD

Jeremy... I need to introduce you to this thread (http://planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118254)

LMAO!!! Only literally, huh? :D

May_G&T_fan
04-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Ok I have a question about the lyrics towards the end of the song? Has anyone else heard the verse change from "just you and me down an old dirt road" to "just you and me down the red dirt road?" Because I swear I've never heard that part before & I think I figured it out that Sirius plays a longer version of the song than what I've heard before. Maybe I'm totally wrong, it's not a big deal, just wondering? :-?
-marissa

AlabamaJeremy
04-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, the album version is about a minute longer than the radio version....maybe Sirius is playing the album version.....BTW, which station are you hearing it on? New Country? I keep checking that station and still have not heard it....

May_G&T_fan
04-21-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I think that's the case. And yup, I've heard it twice on New Country 31.

Carol Ann
04-21-2005, 07:39 AM
I finally heard Georgia Rain on the radio last night on my drive home. They introducted the song as Trisha Yearwood's new single and the DJ actually said that there is a Garth moment in the song and to listen for it. He also talked about Garth doing back up on the song. When the song was finished the DJ said, and I quote: "It is so good to have that classy lady back on radio after being away for three years. She has the best voice in country music, any musicial genre and she is a class act". He also said what the Garth moment in the song is and he talked about how her album doesn't come out until September. The co-host said that was a long time to wait but he said "She's doing it right, she's letting it build up so that by September the demand will really be there for this album". The song is amazing and Trisha sounds amazing. Susan - I heard it on KX96 which is out of Ajax. There is another station out of Hamilton, Country 95.3 but they aren't playing it yet, at least not that I've heard. I did email them but they said it was up to the music director and it sounded to me like they were waiting to see how it did before they play it. I know what station I'll be listening too!!

Carol

ProducerJ
04-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Ok, just for y'all, I put in the CD and listened to both the album and radio versions.

The radio single ends after the last "Except for the Georgia Rain" in the chorus and does a quick fade out. It runs 4:15

The album version runs 5:08 and has this additional chorus after the last chorus of the radio single:

Couldn't wash away the way I loved you to this day
Just you and me down a red dirt road
Nothin' in our way
Except for the Georgria Rain

Then it has a nice finished ending.

Sirius added the song as a "Buzz Cut" to 31 if that helps y'all figure out when it's on.

I just checked BDS spins on the song, which tracks airplay over the past 7 days:
XM's Highway 16 has played the song 23 times
WFLS in Fredericksburg is next with 13 spins - they are the only other double digit
Sirius has played it 9 times

And for our Canadian friends, the following stations have played it:
CKBY (3)
CISN (2)
CHFX (1)
CKHJ (1)

Garth_FANtasizer
04-21-2005, 08:56 AM
I can't tell you how much it pains me to listen to my radio station. Trisha should really know the stress and strife I endure for the love of her.

I know from past experiences with WYRKrap that they probably WONT play it anytime soon, if at all. Never the less, I will keep listening and keep requesting.

I really need to get XM. Joyce, what kind of deal can I get on a receiver? :D

~Ann~

ProducerJ
04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
I can't tell you how much it pains me to listen to my radio station. Trisha should really know the stress and strife I endure for the love of her.

I know from past experiences with WYRKrap that they probably WONT play it anytime soon, if at all. Never the less, I will keep listening and keep requesting.

I really need to get XM. Joyce, what kind of deal can I get on a receiver? :D

~Ann~
Email me! I got deals. I can't post them on the net, but I can email it to you. :D

jagnikhah
04-22-2005, 09:29 AM
I finally heard Georgia Rain on one of my local stations this morning. Was it the large station that is nominated for the ACM and wins a lot of CMA awards? Nope. It was the much more cool station that likes to play the live version of FILP, walkaway joe, and SMI.

Heather

Evelynssunshine
04-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I am as frustrated as anyone that it's difficult to hear GR on the radio (unless you're listening to XM...thanks, Joyce......) but keep in mind that this song has charted on it's own BEFORE the official add date. Come Monday....it'll be alright.....(to quote another song) ha ha. We'll be out of the practice season and officially on the big field! I have a feeling we'll be hearing ALOT more of this song. In fact, I hope we hear so much of it that we get tired of it. (Not really...but for Trisha's sake...ha ha)
This song is a hit. (and I don't just say that because my friend wrote it.) It truly is a smash, in my opinion and I can't wait to watch it take over the charts. KEEP REQUESTING.

sandis
04-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Oooohhhhh... was that the long version of Georgia Rain that XM played at 1:50 pm EST? :D :D :D

-sandi

sandis
04-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey J... do you know who Trisha's new management is? I asked over at her site if there was a chance Georgia Rain would be released as a retail single, and now (like a week later, I think) Amber replied and said that she's "asked Trisha's management and is waiting for a reply".... just curious! :D

The good thing is that I guess this means she finally has new management! :)

Thanks!!!

Sandi

ProducerJ
04-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Good advice Evelynn. We're in this for the Long Haul - all the way to #1!

Yes Sandi, that's the album version we play, it should be all you hear on XM now that we have it. And yes, I do know who her new management is, they're a pretty big company here in town, with a wide variety of acts. They'll be good for her, I think.

Let me know once Amber hears from management, who probably has to go back to the label and ask the people that I picked up the phone and called to find out that there isn't going to be a retail single. Maybe she'll get a different answer. At the least she should get the date that the digital download will be available and where, although I know that isn't the same... it will help those people who have sucky radio stations that aren't playing GR enough.
J.

sandis
04-23-2005, 10:41 PM
LOL!!!

Thanks, J.

-sandi

AlabamaJeremy
04-24-2005, 05:17 AM
Good advice Evelynn. We're in this for the Long Haul - all the way to #1!

Yes Sandi, that's the album version we play, it should be all you hear on XM now that we have it. And yes, I do know who her new management is, they're a pretty big company here in town, with a wide variety of acts. They'll be good for her, I think.

Let me know once Amber hears from management, who probably has to go back to the label and ask the people that I picked up the phone and called to find out that there isn't going to be a retail single. Maybe she'll get a different answer. At the least she should get the date that the digital download will be available and where, although I know that isn't the same... it will help those people who have sucky radio stations that aren't playing GR enough.
J.
....and you all know that on the Billboard charts, one thousand digital downloads count as one million audience impressions! That is how they base the Hot 100 chart now (instead of spins)....so spread the word and download it when it becomes available!!!

sandis
04-25-2005, 03:49 PM
I've heard Georgia Rain THREE times on Highway 16 today.... sigh.

I love XM. :D

-sandi

GBShameless
04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Boston still has yet to play it :( so very sad

Robin

Serendipity
04-26-2005, 10:09 AM
I finally heard it on KFKF here in KC yesterday on the all request lunch hour. I don't understand why it isn't being played more? I listened all day and heard other songs repeated 3 times. I got my fix via AOL last night and listened to it over and over until my family protested.
Of course now I want to hear the album version! :)

Dana

PJ
04-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Just came on XM16 again! :)

sandis
04-26-2005, 12:32 PM
:D

They're slacking though. Think they need some requests? ;)

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
They play it at least 3 times a day here (that I hear when I am listening). yay:D

CC

Serendipity
04-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi Carol!

Now you have me all curious, what is the Garth moment?
I have been nagging my local station daily to play it and so far I have only heard it one time! One of the DJ's even said "I don't think we're playing that one yet." Well why not!? I just emailed the program director to ask why. Thank goodness I can listen to it as much as I want at home with aol or I'd really be whining. ;)

Dana

AlabamaJeremy
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
I think it is part of the last chorus where she sings "The Georgia rain on the Jasper County clay couldn't wash away the way I love you to this day"

But they all might be thinking of something else.....

ProducerJ
04-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Yep, it's something else.

musicfan43
04-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Could it possibly be that thunder rollin' in? :)

ProducerJ
04-27-2005, 09:34 PM
:) :D :)

Vanessa
04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I dont get the Garthy mention.. cause when I hear this song it kinda reminds of That Summer.. am I crazy? or what? LOL

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

sandis
04-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I think the whole song is a big Garthy mention... but to me the specific Garth thing was also the "thunder rollin'" part... (or is it "roarin'"? I can't tell sometimes).

And yep Vanessa... I've said from the first time I heard it that to me this song is a combination of mature SILWTB with That Summer, part II. :D

-sandi

AlabamaJeremy
04-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh wow....I didn't even notice that "Thunder Rolling" part....(even though I knew that was in the lyrics) It just didn't "click" with me....

lisar
05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Unless they are playing it at Midnight I havent caught it once here in Michigan. Doesnt surprize me though, they arent known for playing much Trisha. If it was a male singer they'd be all over it. Makes me long for the days when there were 2 stations here!

ProducerJ
05-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Just checked BDS spins on GR for someone... thought I'd share some interesting stuff here. The thing that stood out to me was that WSM in Nashville played it 27 times (2nd only to us at 39 spins!) but the other 2 country stations in Nashville had only played it 5 & 6 times.

She's still severely lacking in major market airplay - and doesn't show up at KZLA, KPLX or WMZQ (but didn't you say they'd played it Sandi?) This is listed as Call Letters / Market Size / City / Spins, and has Canadian markets as well:

XH16 Network 39
WSM 45 Nashville 27
WFLS 166 Fredericksburg 22
WGGY 69 Wilkes-Barre/Scranto... 22
WUSY 105 Chattanooga 22
CJBX 11 London 21
KKCS 96 Colorado Springs 21
KNIX 15 Phoenix 20
WBDR 267 Watertown 20
WPCV 98 Lakeland/Winter Have... 20
CJJR 3 Vancouver 19
KILT 7 Houston 19
Sirius Network 18
KTOM 75 Monterey/Salinas/San... 17

sandis
05-10-2005, 11:56 PM
WMZQ had to have played her a grand total of 5 times, since she's in their "Smackdown Hall of Fame" (http://www.wmzq.com/smackdownhalloffame.html), but maybe those don't count?

Wouldn't surprise me if that's all the times they've played GR, though.

They certainly played the heck out of Mississippi Girl today, though. :rolleyes:

-sandi

wmcinnis
05-11-2005, 06:23 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that 'Georgia Rain' was the #1 song on our top 5 at 5 yesterday.:cool:

Paula
05-11-2005, 07:53 PM
They certainly played the heck out of Mississippi Girl today, though. :rolleyes:

-sandiDitto for me. My station had to have played MG at least 5 or 6 times yesterday and probably the same today. In fact, the DJ's would say something like "we have the new Faith Hill single and will be playing it again at such and such a time." I very nicely emailed the DJ and said it would be nice if they could play the new Trisha single that I hadn't heard since it had been released. He finally did...at 11:20pm last night!

Paula

ProducerJ
05-11-2005, 08:30 PM
WMZQ had to have played her a grand total of 5 times, since she's in their "Smackdown Hall of Fame" (http://www.wmzq.com/smackdownhalloffame.html), but maybe those don't count?

Sorry - I should have explained that BDS is a rolling monitor of the past 7 days. So no... apparently they haven't played it since.

J.

sandis
05-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Hehehe... no kidding Paula. However, on my sad excuse for a radio station, as J.'s pointed out, they haven't played GR since that one time, and who knows when they will.

After all, they won't play the #1 song on the charts during the morning show (Jo Dee's "My Give A Damn's Busted", but they'll play all her old hits)!

-sandi

Pam_NDL
05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
After requesting it about 50 times and even calling them 10 times or so , my local radio station (WIXY) which is an award winning station finally played Georgia Rain last night at 7:45 p.m. Then I requested it today for the noon request hour and believe it or not they played it. So maybe there is hope out there that they will all start playing it now.

Pam

ProducerJ
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
WIXY is listed as an "add" in this week's MCA Radio Report.

:)

Pam_NDL
05-11-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd like to think that all my requests had something to do with it being added by WIXY, but I'm afraid there is more to it than that. I'm beginning to believe that when a station adds a new song has very little to do with what the listeners want to hear.

Pam

Paula
05-12-2005, 07:51 PM
I'd like to think that all my requests had something to do with it being added by WIXY, but I'm afraid there is more to it than that. I'm beginning to believe that when a station adds a new song has very little to do with what the listeners want to hear.

PamI think you're right. They have their own agenda and it doesn't include much input from the listeners.

On a happier note, my radio came on this morning at 5:30 and the first song I heard was Georgia Rain. I don't think they played it again the rest of the day, but it was just on again about 15 minutes ago...so maybe my station is also listed as an "add" in that report.

Paula

beckysue59
05-12-2005, 08:43 PM
I still haven't heard it on the radio. Of course, the only time I listen to the radio is in my car. And I channel surf a lot. I tend to change the channel whenever Kenny or Tim comes on. Which is like..... every other song. LOL.

ProducerJ
05-12-2005, 11:40 PM
WKLB right Paula? They are listed as an "Add" - and are up to 6 spins in the past 7 days on BDS.

J.

jagnikhah
05-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Well atleast Garth has heard it on the radio lol.

GEORGIA RAIN BRINGS TEARS
GARTH BROOKS is all for TRISHA YEARWOOD's return to
music. He tells CMT he's"excited for us as fans" and
for radio. And he says "to hearTrisha Yearwood sing
again...wow!" Brooks says he's lucky enough to be
with her everyday and admits he "forgot how beautiful
that voice is." And Brooks says the first time he heard
Yearwood's new single "GeorgiaRain" on the radio, "It
was killing. She was cool as a cucumber."Brooks adds
he was "crying like a baby."

Heather

Paula
05-14-2005, 03:47 PM
WKLB right Paula? They are listed as an "Add" - and are up to 6 spins in the past 7 days on BDS.

J.Thanks. I've heard it 3 out of the 6 times then.

Paula

sandis
05-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Guess I'm lucky to have XM! They've yet to play it on my local station. Ugh. :(

Garth_FANtasizer
05-14-2005, 07:24 PM
My station played it today! :D

~Ann~

WCoastNightOwl
05-17-2005, 10:40 PM
KZLA finally played it today for the first time....this is a major market so any spin here is a big deal.....time to request like crazy

sandis
05-21-2005, 12:26 AM
I couldn't find any other place to put this, and didn't want to start a new thread... but I found it interesting that Ed Hill, who co-wrote Georgia Rain, also co-wrote Songs About Me (Trace Adkins). They're such different songs! LOL

They played the videos back-to-back on GAC earlier tonight, and the names just jumped out at me... sorry! :p

-sandi

GBShameless
05-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Boston is finally playing it :) it was number five on the top five at five most requested songs for the day on Thurs. bout time :)

Robin :) :)

ProducerJ
05-24-2005, 12:24 AM
I am OFFICIALLY (LOL) sick of this song! It's a good problem to have, I guess. Just checked BDS (because it came on XM AGAIN and reminded me to check ) and we're still the spin leader with 40 spins in the past 7 days. Lordy. Next highest is 27. Bring on the rest of the album already!

J.

TammyLS
05-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Joyce sure wish I was having that problem! My station plays it, but not often, and they play MG All the time! grrrr.....40 to 27 that's a big difference! Working in radio, do you see it going to number 1? Or the top 10? I really hope so, but with my radio, I'm just not sure...

ProducerJ
05-24-2005, 09:41 AM
I really hate to predict, because songs I LOVE go nowhere, and songs I hate stay in the top 5 forever. LOL.

MCA has a lot of promotional muscle, BUT they have a new national director of promotion, so I'm not sure how he's going to do. I would feel confident with saying it will go Top 10... fairly comfortable predicting Top 5. The thing about the charts is one song can hog up the #1 spot for 4-6 weeks, and a lot of really BIG songs never get to go #1. So, as big as #1's are for historical purposes, there are a lot of REALLY great, well played #2 and #3 songs too. :D

J.

sandis
05-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Sick of it? :eek: Don't say that! I'm hearing Faith's song on XM a whole lot more! :p

And Georgia Rain is still not WMZQ, btw... maybe by the time the album is released? lol

-sandi

BLL
05-24-2005, 05:02 PM
WCOL still hasn't played it and they're really rude to people who call in requests :( But man, am I hearing Faith all the flippin' time :rolleyes:

ProducerJ
05-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Sick of it? :eek: Don't say that! I'm hearing Faith's song on XM a whole lot more! :p

And Georgia Rain is still not WMZQ, btw... maybe by the time the album is released? lol

-sandi

Remember - it pretty much has to be top 10 before MZQ will add it! And no you're not hearing Faith's song more - I have those numbers in front of me.

:p

sandis
05-25-2005, 06:10 AM
:D :D :D

I'm not even hopeful... I've barely heard MGADB more than once or twice, and it was #1! They may play it on the weekend....and I'm sure I won't be listening, either!

TammyLS
05-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks Joyce for sharing that with us, I appreciate it. What you said about some songs being in the top 1 slot for weeks reminds me of how years ago, people would say in interviews how their song would do great, and then hit the Garth wall...lol
I hope that GR does get to number 1, She deserves it-and so do we!!
I also hope that the National Director of Promotion does his job well when it comes to Trisha, I think that's one area where Trisha hasn't gotten a fair shake, they don't seem to promote her, but then again, I don't want to see them doing the pay for play game either, that's just wrong imo.