FROM THE UPCOMING ALBUM: JASPER COUNTY

sandis
04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
:D :D :D

You're awesome!!!

-sandi

jagnikhah
04-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this!!!!!!! I love you! This is soo great news.

Heather

AussieFan65
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Wooo Hoooooo!!! Thanks J :)

As usual, the IMPORTANT news gets posted on PG first before ty.com. So sad!!

Lynette

TrishaNGarthFan
04-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the info Joyce!

And Lynette...you're so right about ty.com. They ought to make this place planetgarthandtrisha...because you get the news here first, for both of them. *grin*

Sue

Pam_NDL
04-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I just went to ty.com and told them to come here forthe big news. Since it is Friday my post won't be deleted until Monday morning. :D:D:D

Pam

AussieFan65
04-01-2005, 10:09 PM
LMAO and by then it will probably have had well over 500 views, if not close to 1000. :P

Too funny :D

Lynette

ProducerJ
04-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Well to be honest, I almost went there and posted it myself. But then I thought, if they deleted the thing about the Hollywood Bowl, they'd definately delete that, even though it did come from my record label.

I have a three step process in my postings... things go on my webblog when I find out about them, on PG when I can talk about them, and I'll chime in on other sites once someone else posts the old news. LOL

I will say though, there has been a LOT of back and forth on this single... at one point I had been told by the label that another song was coming out first and Georgia Rain would be the 2nd single. They changed their minds a couple of weeks ago. I'm almost at the "I'll believe it when I really have a copy on my desk" stage, LOL.
J.

sandis
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
So come chime in. ;)

-sandi

jagnikhah
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I agree J, Im trying not to get overly excited until I actually here the song on the radio lol. But this is definatly great news! I cant wait.

Heather

ProducerJ
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Ummm... my post up there should have said "THE" record label... not "MY" record label. LOL

Paula
04-02-2005, 12:01 AM
That's great news! Thanks for the scoop.

Do we have a release date for the CD that's been posted somewhere?

Paula

BLL
04-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I soooo can not wait for new music from Ms Yearwood. I'll have to get the CD; I doubt I'll hear the single on my Clear Channel local station, but maybe the classic country station will play it.

ProducerJ
04-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Release date for the album is dependent on how well the single does.

sandis
04-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Ummm... my post up there should have said "THE" record label... not "MY" record label. LOL

Oh... I wish you had a label. It would make my "listening" life easier. :D

Not that XM isn't great and all. :D

trixie1717
04-02-2005, 08:39 AM
J--six words for you...thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best!

Garth_FANtasizer
04-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Release date for the album is dependent on how well the single does.

Thanks for the info, Joyce. I'm thrilled that it's going to be "Georgia Rain!"

<On Rant>
Now my beef... How can they determine the album date based on the success of the single, when EVERYONE KNOWS that the single will only be as successful as the labels promotion ALLOWS it to be. Seeing that George Strait's new single is coming out now, we all know that MCA and "pay for play" is gonna get George his usual #1.

They haven't given any support to Trisha in forever. I have no reason to believe they're going to start now. :rolleyes: In the mean time, her fans have to be put on hold along with her music because of poor promotion.
<Off Rant>

~Ann~

TammyLS
04-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Great news! I have to say, I'm very surprised that GR will be the first single! That's not at all what I expected or had been lead to believe!
I competely agree with Ann's Rant---MCA has failed to promote Trisha in a big way for a long time, if they PROMOTE Trisha and her new Single, it WILL DO WELL!! If they don't, it could be RLW and IO all over again! I PRAY they promote her, She deserves it--We deserve it! I wish we could do something!
Joyce, thanks so much for sharing this with us!!

wmcinnis
04-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the great news Joyce.:)
-Susan-

ProducerJ
04-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Tammy - a couple of weeks ago Georgia Rain WASN'T the single. Things change a lot in this business, LOL

Well... I understand the rant. I also have learned a lot about the retail side of how things work, and how certain retailers won't take a CD and give it shelf space if there isn't a hit single to propel it. One big chain in particular is horribly stingy with their country shelf space.

Terri Clark is a great example. Mercury (MCA's sister label) promoted the heck out of "I Think the World Needs A Drink," but it didn't chart high enough for them to enable the album to come out - despite having a video, her playing on one of the biggest tours, a bunch of promotional items (including cool bumper stickers!) etc. I loved the song, but I don't know if people just didn't think Terri should be singing drinking songs after everything, or what. But the album is just sitting there until they figure out what the hit single is going to be to enable them to release a cd.

Every label is different, and each artist deal is different. Some artists won't ever have a hit single, but the album comes out and is harder to find, but at least it's out there for the core fans to buy. Is that better than having to wait a little longer and having more success? I don't know.

Then you can look at Trent Willmon. Sony is on the 4th single on this kid, who hands down is one of the most all around talented (and nicest!) guys on Music Row, and has a fabulous CD. At least they put his CD out, and the label is really standing behind him... most other labels would have thrown in the towel by now. Why the heck isn't radio playing his stuff?

It's a complex world on 16th Avenue, that much I do know.

J.

fuzzwuzz
04-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Anyway we have of hearing it online later? I don't "do" radio. :(

Also, would it be Wal-Mart that's goofing on country music stock these days? I've been trying to see The Grascals cd show up in my store for weeks now. :(

Zeppelinmonger
04-05-2005, 02:11 AM
Anyway we have of hearing it online later? I don't "do" radio. :(

Also, would it be Wal-Mart that's goofing on country music stock these days? I've been trying to see The Grascals cd show up in my store for weeks now. :(

Well, truth be told, as I understand it Wal-mart does not actually stock their own (music) shelves. They outsource it to other companies. The only time Wal-mart people handle the music is when you bring it to the register or they resort the music alphabetically after customers move them from here to kingdom come. They never order the CDs.

GBsgirl
04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
I found the Grascals CD at Hastings. You might want to try them if you have one, or another regular music store. Of course I had to pay more for it, bit it was worth it. :)

Pam

Trishaluvr
04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Thank you, Thank you. We all have been waiting for the new single and the new album. I can't wait neither. New Trisha music at last.

Thanx,
Stephanie

Pam_NDL
04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Well I was amazed when the post I made to ty.com about coming to pg to see about the new single wasn't deleted Mon. morning, but I notice she deleted it today. I guess almost 1000 views weren't enough to keep it there so we will just have to keep getting our info about Trisha here on pg.

Pam

Garth_FANtasizer
04-05-2005, 07:50 PM
LOL Pam! That is so rediculous!

Who the heck runs that website? If it's MCA, then why wouldn't they want Trisha's fans to know about her new music?

Note to Trisha: Dump that piece of doo-doo label! You'd be better off promoting your own music!

~Ann~

musicfan43
04-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Yay for new music! Now how about a video? With you-know-who in it of course...Too much to ask? :)

ProducerJ
04-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Dale - Walmart is VERY good to Country Music! Zepplingermonger is right, a company called Anderson does the music for Walmart (at least in the SouthEast, not sure if it's the same nationwide.)

As some of you know I'm up in D.C. right now for work, but I was alerted yesterday that the thread at TY.com had been pulled, and some people had received emails chastising them for posting about unofficial / rumors / whatever.

I think y'all know me very well enough by now to know that I wouldn't have started a thread called OFFICIAL NEWS if it wasn't completely damn official. And the reason I titled it that way is because I am well aware of the problems that go on at her webboard - which is the main reason I don't post there.

Please know that Trisha's website is NOT run by MCA.. a company called CountryWired.com runs it for Trisha. They run a TON of country music websites and from what I've seen, the problems at Trisha's site are not unique to Trisha's site.

I talked to MCA yesterday and filled them in on the problems that are going on. Clearly... they are counting on Trisha's fans to help them bring her back into the spotlight, so the last thing they want to hear is that her fans are being told they can't talk about her new single! They are going to look into it.

While you guys here know me and that I'm not the type to spread rumors, it's a whole different ballgame at Trisha's site. Obviously Amber knows me and what I do for a living, but I only know Stephanie enough to wave hello at events, so the fact that I get news from the record label doesn't mean anything more to her than the waitress at Noshville telling her something. I don't know why they aren't working with MCA up to this point to make sure they're on the distribution lists for the artists that they work with, but I think moving forward with the new project, the label will see to it that they are. Hopefully things will get better.

Again, I'm really sorry to those of you who got that email from Trisha's site... please know the label DOES want you to be excited about the new single, which again... here on the Planet we can shout from the rooftops -- RAIN RAIN, GEORGIA RAIN !!!

:D
J.

sandis
04-06-2005, 01:09 PM

jagnikhah
04-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for talking to MCA J. The problem with ty.com, etc makes me love PG even more.

Heather

TammyLS
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I know it's hard, but actually, I think Amber does what she's supposed to do. We don't know what guidelines she has to follow, and what Trisha's wishes regarding the site are. MCA doesn't have anything to do with ty.com, only the Trisha site at MCA. Ty.com is seperate, and from what I understand, Trisha is in control of hiring the people that run it, and obviously at this time she is happy with them. I DO agree and hope that MCA, Trisha and ty.com DO work together and get us the information, because Trisha deserves to have this single/cd be Platinum and number 1!! As we fans deserve it to!!
I'm sorry, but I guess I think it may be easier to post official news here, where the restrictions aren't so defined maybe, it's not her site, and I'm guessing that when Trisha wants it posted on her site, it usually is...It may be slow(we all know that), but we don't know the reasons behind that, so imo it's unfair to crucify ty.com, Amber or anyone else. And the number of views in a thread really don't mean much, nor do the number of posts, as we all know from experience.
However, please don't crucify me for this post, I know Ty.com can isn't always what we hope and want it to be, but it is there, and I very much enjoy it! But I'm Also Very, VERY HAPPY to have Joyce here at PG, and willing to post what she can for and to all us Trisha fans! Joyce, we know that you post what you can, when you can, and I've never known you to outright lie, so I totally appreciate the news you give us, and the learning lessons and look into the industry, lable, radio ect. So Thank You!! I know I've learned alot!!! And it's one reason I come to PG as well as going to Ty.com. It's sorta like the news, you hear one thing on one station, then go to another station and hear something different...but we eventually get it all! I think! lol

And I am Very Excited to hear more about the release of her Single, the upcoming CD and hopefully the tour!! As Trisha fans, I agree, we DO need to be Ready to demand the new Single and get it played on radio--Joyce, any tips for us on that?!

Carol Ann
04-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Joyce, thanks for all the info you give us, it's appreciated more than you know. I do go to TY.com and I do occassionally post there but for the most part I come here because this is where you get the real and accurate news, in my opinion. Also, things tend to get a little juvenile over at TY.com and a thread can deteriorate into something nasty in a heartbeat and I personally don't really want to be a part of that. I find that here on the Planet, even though we may not always agree with what someone has posted, we are relatively free to express ourselves without censor. I understand at TY.com they don't like Trisha's personal life talked about but I don't understand why it takes so long for them to get info to her fans about something as important as this first single. In my opinion, Trisha isn't as in charge of this site as Tammy thinks because I believe Trisha more than anyone would want her fans to be aware of what is going on with her single and CD. She wants this record to be well received, as we all do. I think it's great, Joyce, that you talked to MCA about the problems and hopefully this will rectify some of the problems at TY.com.

Carol

Nuts4GB
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Has anybody heard if Garth will be joining or going with Trisha to HH Gregg Country Music Expo in Indianapolis Ind on April 9th? It's not that far from where I live and I would love to meet him.

ProducerJ
04-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Just one more note and then I'll go back into hiding... I don't want anyone to think I'm crucifying Amber. Those of us who know her know she has a huge heart and have cheerleaded her following her dreams into the music business. I have no doubt that she's doing exactly what she's told to do, and being the Trisha / Garth fan that she is, I'm sure she's very excited about this new music too.

Amber is an employee of CountryWired, and given that this same sort of thing goes on at other artist sites (Brad Paisley and Keith Urban are 2 I hear this same complaint on) I stick to my assertion that it's just the way the company operates, and not a direct reflection on Trisha. Or Amber.

Another thing I didn't mention... if Trisha had an independent publicist, it would be that person's job to get the latest Trisha news to her website. Since she doesn't right now, that's sort of a gap in the loop. Hopefully, until the time she does get one again (and I would imagine with the new album she will, although not all artists do...) MCA will now try to fill that gap.

J.

TrishaNGarthFan
04-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Carol Ann....I totally agree with you. It's time to take the blinders off and see things for what they are. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

And Joyce...Thanks for your info regarding the single, and TY.com. However, following rules for the TY.com web site is one thing, but making unprofessional desisions and making immature statements is totally another, which in my opinion, the person in charge of the TY.com web site has done. Personally, I try to hold myself back from posting much regarding Trisha at that site, and stick mostly to the games. It's a shame though, because when you get excited about the single and make a post, and then you get popped in an email by Amber, it can make you sour on even going to the Trisha website at all. I highly doubt Trisha has that in mind for any of her fans visiting the site, and if perhaps she knew the way things were done she might do something about it.

Sue

jagnikhah
04-07-2005, 06:36 PM
http://www.countrystars.com/news/haislop/n-update.html

TRISHA YEARWOOD SINGLE ON THE WAY
Trisha Yearwood's new single, "Georgia Rain" will be on desks at radio April 12th, with the official impact date of April 25th. Trisha previewed the song at a Universal showcase during the Country Radio Seminar (CRS) in Nashville recently. Expect the new album by late summer or early fall.

TRISHA'S SINGLE will put GARTH BROOKS back on radio on new music for the first time in a long time since he provides background vocals for "Georgia Rain."

ProducerJ
04-07-2005, 09:00 PM
:D Looks like Neil gets the MCA Radio Report!