PDA

View Full Version : Garth in NYC? Who knew??

GBronx
03-25-2005, 07:55 PM
We (the NY gals) just read in today's Daily News that Garth was here on Tuesday.

There's what it said!!
" Garth literally stopped traffic on 51st street after taking in a performance of Wicked Tuesday night. Fans lined the sidewalk and street outside the Gershwin Theater while the country superstar signed autographs!!!

Anyone out there on the Planet know about this???
He certainly didn't call us!!! ;D

Paula
03-25-2005, 07:59 PM
So near and yet so far. A friend of mine was just saying last weekend that she would like to go to New York for the day and go see Wicked. Too bad we didn't plan to do that on Tuesday!

Paula

sandis
03-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Awww... that's awful! I'm so sorry that you all didn't get to see him. :(

I wonder if he took Trisha to see it again? Bet she wouldn't mind! :)

-sandi

fuzzwuzz
03-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Who is Wicked Tuesday??

GBronx
03-26-2005, 04:57 PM
"Wicked" is a play on Broadway in NYC. Garth was here to see the play.

Garth_FANtasizer
03-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Amazing.. I was sure I would sense his presence if he were within a 7 hour distance from me. :confused:

Hope he enjoyed the play. As always, his sweet self took care of the people.

~Ann~

GBronx
03-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Amazing.. I was sure I would sense his presence if he were within a 7 hour distance from me. :confused:
~Ann~

Don't laugh!! Harriet said the pictures she has posted on her refrigerator were talking to her all week!!! LOL
I said "you and your Garth radar!!!" She said " If it was really working I would have known he was here in the city!!!! LOL

GBronx
03-26-2005, 05:29 PM
OH by the way Ann Happy Easter Birthday!!!

Garth_FANtasizer
03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Dale - You'll enjoy this:

"Wicked" Synopsis

Long before Dorothy dropped in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years.

WICKED, the untold story of the witches of Oz, features music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Pippin, Academy Award winner for Pocahontas and The Prince of Egypt) and book by Winnie Holzman ("My So Called Life," "Once And Again" and "thirtysomething"), and is based on the best-selling novel by Gregory Maguire. With musical staging by Tony Award winner Wayne Cilento (Aida, The Who's Tommy, How To Succeed...), WICKED is directed by 2003 and 2004 Tony Award winner Joe Mantello (Assassins, Take Me Out, Frankie & Johnny in the Clair de Lune).

more info: http://www.wickedthemusical.com/

~Ann~

Garth_FANtasizer
03-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Why thank you, JoAnn!

LOL @ Harriet! Next time those pictures start talk, she better jot down what they're saying!

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
That is so very interesting! I'm not surprised at the Wizard of Oz connection at all and now hope to see it myself. I hope Garth received much inspiration from it with whatever his future plans are through RedStrokes Entertainment. :)

GBronx
03-27-2005, 11:43 PM
LOL @ Harriet! Next time those pictures start talk, she better jot down what they're saying!
~Ann~

I'll be sure to tell her!!! ;)

AussieFan65
03-28-2005, 04:36 AM
"Wicked" Synopsis

book by Winnie Holzman ("My So Called Life," "Once And Again" and "thirtysomething"),
~Ann~

Oh wow, I sure hope this makes it's way to Australia as I LOVE Winnie Holzman as a writer. The former ABC drama 'Once and Again' is my all time fave tv show and she contributed to many episodes both with writing and acting.

If the writing is of the calibre that O&A was, then Garth would surely have enjoyed it.

Lynette

PJ
04-01-2005, 04:13 PM
A friend of mine saw Wicked over the holdiays and absolutely raved about it. I MUST get to NYC some time soon to finally see a Broadway play actually on Broadway.

GBronx
04-01-2005, 07:43 PM
PJ... WHEN you do please let the NY gals know. If possible we'd love to see you when you come to visit!!

Hey, That goes for anyone!!! LOL

sandis
04-01-2005, 08:08 PM
LOL--well, you all had better make sure your radar is working in October (I think it's October?), for the CMA's... hopefully Trisha will be nominated! And if she is, or if she sings.... maybe she'll have a hot date. :D

-sandi

fuzzwuzz
04-13-2005, 10:14 AM
with sound clips of every tune
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2921441&from1=BDWY

GBronx
04-14-2005, 08:14 PM
My anniversary is April 19th and my children got us tickets for Wicked on that day!!! How awesome is that?

allisonv7
04-15-2005, 01:05 AM
Ohhh...I've been wanting to see Wicked too. :)

allison.

carriek
04-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Garth and Trisha were both in NY to see Wicked. A friend of mine was there and spent time talking to them during intermission. Garth was of course talking to everyone and my friends daughter starting talking to Trisha and Trisha said "you know who I am?' and she said of course I have all your cd's. Trisha laughed and smacked Garth and said "she knows who I am" acting surprised. My friend said they were extremely nice and seemed very happy.

ProducerJ
04-15-2005, 11:22 PM
I'll be in NYC in November!

GBronx
04-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Carriek, weren't your friends lucky to be there when Garth and Trisha were there? I can't wait till Tuesday to see Wicked!!

Joyce, We'll have to make plans when you come. We'll talk when it gets closer!!!

carriek
04-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Carriek, weren't your friends lucky to be there when Garth and Trisha were there? I can't wait till Tuesday to see Wicked!!

Joyce, We'll have to make plans when you come. We'll talk when it gets closer!!!

Very lucky, I was there in Decemeber and did not see anyone famous. It would have been great to see him and Trisha. I met him a few years ago and I have said since I became a fan of his 14 years ago that him and Trisha were soul mates. So I would love to see them together in person.

sbjovi87
04-24-2005, 11:39 AM
my sister and i have tickets to see wicked on may 20th. we have been in love with this musical since it came out in october of 2003. so many famous people have been there to see it. it's such an amazing cd and it brings out the kid in all of us. i can't wait to go see it and hopefully see some "popular" people.......i'm glad garth and trisha went to see it. it's amazing. :)

Pam_NDL
04-24-2005, 12:12 PM
There is a small article about Garth at Wicked on April 22 in the May 9th Country Weekly magazine --the one with Kenny Chesney on the front. There is also a picture of Trisha on page 50 and 52.

Pam

fuzzwuzz
11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Out of constant curiousity since this thread, I ordered the soundtrack to the Wicked broadway musical. And then I saw an associate reading the book at work! She saw the play in NY and loves it! I guess I'm gonna be hooked on it too! And I told her I hope it comes out on DVD so I can see it. She hopes so too. Oh! And she's gonna lend me her book!! :)