PDA

View Full Version : Trisha Inducted Into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame

ProducerJ
03-22-2005, 08:06 PM
It has been announced that Trisha is being inducted into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame this summer - if you're in the California area, tickets are cheap!

This was apparently posted at Trisha's site then pulled off... I don't know what the story is there but if you want tickets the prices and section (and a cute picture of Trisha) are at the Official Website for the Hollywood Bowl.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tix/performance_detail.cfm?id=2247

BTW, I talked to the label today about her upcoming single... hang on, it's coming, and I think you'll be pleased with which one they picked!
J.

Opening Night at the Bowl featuring the 6th annual Hall of Fame Bowl Gala

Friday, June 24, 2005, 8:30 PM
Hollywood Bowl
2301 N. Highland Avenue
Hollywood, CA
(323) 850-2000

Artists:

Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
John Mauceri, conductor
Joshua Bell, violin
Trisha Yearwood
Additional guests to be announced

Program:

Kick off the Bowl season in style as John Mauceri and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra host a star-studded celebration featuring 2005 Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame inductees Joshua Bell and Trisha Yearwood, a special tribute to Frank Sinatra, our famous fireworks, and much more, all in support of Music Matters.

I confess... I don't know anything about the Hollywood Bowl other than Garth was inducted... maybe some of the LA nutts can enlighten us?

sandis
03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeay!! I can't wait--a road trip may be calling my name! And guess what--the thread is back at Trisha's site, I have no idea what happened to it for a few hours yesterday; kind of weird. :confused:

That's awesome news about the single!!! I'm dying to hear it! Can I go work for you? ;)

-sandi

trixie1717
03-25-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm so excited about new music from Trisha, however, you are rotten teasing us all like that! I've never been so anxious for new music before...I can't wait!

Vanessa
03-26-2005, 12:49 AM
that's some very cool news Joyce!! Congratualtions to Trisha :)

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

Carol Ann
03-29-2005, 04:56 PM
When do we get to find out what the first single will be? The suspense is killing me!

Carol

sandis
03-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I think it comes out in April... I can't stand it either! :(

-sandi

Garth_FANtasizer
03-29-2005, 07:36 PM
I have my fingers crossed for "Georgia Rain"

~Ann~

Carol Ann
03-31-2005, 04:49 PM
I guess I read Joyce's post wrong. I was assuming she was coming back to tell us what the single was going to be and when it would be coming since she talked to Trisha's label. Thanks anyway for the info Ann and Sandis.

Carol

CountryBee
04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
I haven't checked "The Hollywood Bowl" web site for all the details on Trisha being there for the "Opening Night Gala". I can tell you that I went in 2000 when Garth was inducted into their "Hall of Fame" and it was a memorable night. The "Bench Seats" (way in the back) are not too expensive, but the box seats are much more comfortable. Unless you can afford a ticket to the "Pre-Show Gala" or can afford to buy a parking pass, you should look into the "Park and Ride" bus services. My Mom and I stayed at a hotel all the way out in Santa Monica and took a bus to and from "The Hollywood Bowl" (I believe the round trip was only $10 per person back then). I would love to be able to go again this year, I understand that "The Hollywood Bowl" is still undergoing major renovations. It was quite different, in 2000, from the place where I attended a couple of concerts way back in the 1970's.
Bee

sandis
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
This is tonight! :D

(and guess what... I think the date is listed wrong on Trisha's site! :eek: )

ProducerJ
06-25-2005, 01:52 AM
I haven't been to her site, but when she was on After Midnite... which was yesterday morning, right? Blair said she was being inducted "tomorrow." Which I think is tonite.

Did I just confuse you more?
J.

sandis
06-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Nope. But tonight (or last night, at this point!) was 6/24, not 6/25... which was listed on her site. :D

ProducerJ
06-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok... this makes me feel better then about the other thread I just visited where I learned they had a different radio station listed for info on her July 14th show than I posted here.

Perhaps I'm not the one leading people astray after all, LOL.

J.