PDA

View Full Version : Returning the Favor (a letter)

Brianslady137
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
hi i'm new...my name is Shelley.

I was reading the forumds here the other day an I came across a quote that chris had said about garth...and it gto me to thinking about something and this letter from chris to garth came about. One thing that I want to point out, I would love some feedback on this and will change or omit anything that you see fit! take care- Shelley

To me, Garth, he's kind of like my guardian angel. It's like every time I need some help, he's there. -Chris LeDoux

Dear Garth,

It's the truth...There's no way to get around it...You're going to find out one way or another...so it might as well come from me and not somebody else, or anybody else for that matter. When you wake up tomorrow...I won't be here. Don't try to call me, I won't answer, Don't try to write me a letter...I won't get it, the only reason why I'm writing you a letter and you're getting it is, well...God works in really cool unexplainable ways. That and, he has an unlimited supply of paper and pens. God said that some people get to write a letter...some do not, it depends on who God thinks the person needs to write and say good bye too... if anybody.
Tag...you're it...you can't catch me!
I wanted to write this to you because you were my angel...it seemed like you did things for me that I would have never thought anybody would ever do for anybody. And it never seemed like there was anything I could do to 'make-up' for the sacrifices that you did make for me,and those sacrifices that you tried to make for me...but couldn't, which was never your fault.
I want to thank you for loving me enough to want to make those sacrifices for me, I felt undeserving of those sacrifices many times, if not all of the time, and I am sorry if I ever fell short of saying thank you in anyway that I could...that was never my intention.
Please don't be mad at me for leaving, or even God for that matter, think of this just like your retirement back in 2000 (I can't believe it's been that long)... the only difference is, you can go back to the way things were...falling of stages, throwing water at people and screaming at the top of your lungs. I no longer can.
But hey, I'm living with God now...I finally found a way to become richer than you (HAHAHA) But not to worry, you'll be here with me someday, and when that time comes, you and I will be inseperable...just don't ask me to fall off any stages or anything.
So now here I am...in my nice little wodden chair with my Jesus not far away from me. Your children are safely tucked in bed and peacefully dreaming as children should do. The beauty that God has given Trisha through you is nothing like I have ever seen.
You are sturggling...you are confused, saddened, and nothing makes sense. It'll go away and you'll realize that you are no longer my guardian angel...I am yours, and Sir, it is nothing short of an honor and priviledge to do so!
Cowboy Up, I love you,

Chris

Garth_FANtasizer
03-14-2005, 05:24 AM
<sniff> that is a beautiful letter!

~Ann~