PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Star - Premieres Tonight!

ProducerJ
03-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Remember Nashville Star has moved to Tuesdays and premieres tonight at 10pm E / 9pm C on the USA Network. I think I wrote about it... somewhere... I can't remember where now, LOL - but one of the contestants doesn't make it through her performance and hightails it off stage. There's a good looking George Strait type performer, a Buddy Holly wannabe, and a bunch of other colorful characters.

Phil Vassar and Bret Michaels are judges, and Bret is quite a character himself! I'm going to the Premiere Party tonight here in Nashville and we'll all be watching it along with you!

J.

sandis
03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah... thanks for the reminder! I defininitely need it. :D I'll look for you in the crowd. ;)

-sandi

GBronx
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
I already have it Tivoed!!!

wmcinnis
03-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Been looking forward to this....thanks for the reminder Joyce.:)
-Susan-

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks J! I'm interested to see what it will be like with Leanne Rhimes hosting. And ahh. Phil Vassar is one of the guest judges....are you reading Vanessa?!:D

Have fun at the premier party J :)

CC

sandis
03-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh geez... I clearly can't type. :rolleyes: I must have been thinking of Brett. ;)

ProducerJ
03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
So... what do y'all think... is Jenny going to get booted tonight? Or someone else?

My boys are the special musical guest - Jen and I will be there!

sandis
03-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Again... thanks for the reminder!! :D

Do you know where you'll be sitting? Call me and wave! ;)

-sandi

Paula
03-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I hope Jenny doesn't get booted. It would be too bad if she did. I'm not sure who I want to see go...I do know that I liked Jason but no one has really stood out for me yet.

I guess I'll have to cringe my way through the guest performance.:p I'll be looking for the two of you in the audience.

Paula

wmcinnis
03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm glad the voters gave Jenny another shot at it.:) I wasn't really too upset to see Josh go....he was my least favorite from last weeks performances.
I don't really have a favorite yet but I voted for Casey tonight.:)
-Susan-

ProducerJ
03-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Hey Susan -

The girl from CMT Canada... who's name I'm blanking on at the moment... she's married to Keech from Lonestar.... UGH what is her name? At any rate, she was backstage doing interviews to tape last night. Keech is her cameraman, LOL. She interviewed Eddie and Troy... I was thinking y'all must have gotten the show a week late, because she talked to them as if the segment aired before the show, but obviously that isn't right. So what's the deal with her segments?

I correctly predicted three things tonight:
1. Josh would get the boot
2. They'd drag out the Jenny drama to make it go down to her and the looser
3. Troy would look hot.

I'm three for three.
:D
J.

wmcinnis
03-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Hi Joyce,
Ya, that's Elissa Lansdell. She has a column on CMT Canada called Elissa's Insider...she's now their Nashville Correspondent. She will be adding little tidbits from backstage and from within the audience to share on the site every week. The segments she was taping is probably for their programming that they'll show snipets of during the week on their regular programming. It's funny how you mentioned that you thought we must be a week behind....that's how it was last year and it drove me nutts....I would read about it here or elsewhere before I got to see it.:rolleyes:
-Susan-

~~She mentioned they passed out little white barf bags at the premier party....did you get one...:D~~

ProducerJ
03-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Elissa! yes. :) Pretty girl.

Hmm... I did not get a barf bag... that's the first I heard about it. Then again, we left about 15 minutes after the actual show started because they had one little bitty tv in the entire side section of B.B. Kings, and you couldn't see or hear anything.

J.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-09-2005, 01:10 PM
MG were great J, and oh yes Troy looked hot as usual:D The morning crew did a phone interview with them yesterday morning. It was a cool surprise to turn on the radio and hear Eddie answering a question.:D I think it is good that Jenny got another chance....but my two favorites so far are Tamika and Jayron (think that's his name-he sang Broken Road...awesome! ).

My take on the barf jokes by Cletus...a little tacky lol.

CC

wmcinnis
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
What did you all think of last nights performances?
Tamika was right on again.....personally I think it might be between her and Jayron at the end.
I predicted that Jody and Christy were gonna be the last ones and it wouldn't have hurt my feelings any to see Christy stay for one more week and Jody go.

I thought Jason's little clip before he sang was so touching, Chris must've been a huge influence on him.:(
-Susan-

sandis
03-16-2005, 08:15 PM
I really like Tamika too. :) And Jason... do you think he's too much like George Canyon? He seems like such a good guy... and yeah, his thing about Chris teared me up. :( I hope he goes far, though! I'd like to see it come down between these two.

Jayron's not bad, maybe he just reminds me of a Rascal Flatts type of thing too much, and I can't tell you how much I don't like them. :D But he is a big teddy bear, which I do like! ;)

What about Erika Jo? They seem to like her a lot. I keep forgetting all about her.. until she starts singing. It just may be a women's competition... Huh.

-sandi

ProducerJ
03-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I knew Christy, so I hated to hear she got voted off. That is a girl who has personality for days!

Go Tamika Go!

J.

sandis
03-16-2005, 09:35 PM
*Everyone* seems to have known her! lol A friend of mine in Nashville was trying to get me to vote for her, even though I refuse to vote in these things. Hey, maybe you know him! :D

-sandi

wmcinnis
03-23-2005, 06:33 AM
Oh my God, what the heck was that thing Jody did at the end of his performance??:eek: I'm not likin' me some Jody at all!!:p
Other than that I thought all the performances were pretty good last night....I thought Tamika and Erika Jo were the best.....seems there was a little friction there this week, I really hope that doesn't hurt Tamika's vote.
I was shocked that Casey went instead of Justin....I thought he was doomed because of his remarks last week.
-Susan-

It was great to see Sara Evans perform, she's just too cute and I love 'Suds In the Bucket.':) Should be good to see Leanne and Bret perform together next week.

sandis
03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Leann and Bret together next week? :eek: I missed that part! I was trying to do too many things at once...heard something about Leann singing, but missed the Bret part. Wonder if they're doing his single?

-sandi

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Rats! I missed it last night. I'll have to see when they will rerun it again.

CC

ProducerJ
03-23-2005, 06:05 PM
They're doing Every Rose Has It's Thorn. Phil will kick the show off with a medley of hits he's written. If you'd listen to XM you'd know that - along with what Tamika is struggling with on her song for next week. :p

Christy was the receptionist at Warner Brothers Records... she's one that if you met once, you remembered!

Erika Jo is a high school senior... she's done up like a 30 year old tv anchor woman. I wish she'd just be herself.

J. <--- lived all night with Hair Envy after seeing how gorgeous Sara Evans was.

sandis
03-23-2005, 08:48 PM
I was in a meeting almost all morning!!! :(

I still think you should have talked to Bret. :p You can bet I will be watching next week, and trying to tune out Leann. :D

Paula
03-23-2005, 09:56 PM
I fell asleep when they were down to the final two so I missed that (but I have it taped). What did Jody do at the end of his performance? I thought I saw his performance but must have missed it.

CC, the show repeats on Tuesdays at 1am (actually, early Wednesday morning), Saturdays at 1am (actually, early Sunday morning), Mondays at midnight and Tuesdays at noon (all Eastern time).

Paula

ProducerJ
03-23-2005, 11:41 PM
He did some sort of odd, wrap himself around the microphone stand, slink to the floor kind of thing. It was the oddest moment of the night.

Could they put the repeats on at any LESS convenient times?

By the way... each and every week that I'm there... and again tonight at the RF party... I see Jon Small. I met him briefly at the Scarecrow press conference, but at some point before this season is over, I am going to have a conversation with that man.

He IS the reason I'm in Nashville! Would I be too much of a germ if I tell him that?
J.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-24-2005, 03:05 AM
CC, the show repeats on Tuesdays at 1am (actually, early Wednesday morning), Saturdays at 1am (actually, early Sunday morning), Mondays at midnight and Tuesdays at noon (all Eastern time).

Paula

Thanks for the repeat info Paula :)...yep kind of odd times (I am 3 hours ahead on this coast), but I might be able to watch the 3pm one Tuesdays.

And Joyce, go for it! You in no way resemble a germ lol.

CC

ProducerJ
03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Aren't you 3 hours behind? So Noon Eastern is 9am Pacific ?

Or did you move to Europe and not tell us?

J.

sandis
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
:D :D :D

Yes CC... please share. ;)

ProducerJ
03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
And if you did... I'd like some swiss chocolates and some french wine....

:)

wmcinnis
03-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Mmmm, Swiss chocolate is the best.:D

Something else about this weeks episode of NS that I thought was a little strange was Jason Meadows saying that the hardest thing about being out on the road would be, being faithful to his wife.....did anyone else find that strange or is it just me?
-Susan-

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Aren't you 3 hours behind? So Noon Eastern is 9am Pacific ?

Or did you move to Europe and not tell us?

J.

OK....So I've been here nearly two years and I still can't get the hang of west coast time....my bad:p.....and I don't think I can help you with the swiss chocolates, but we do have some pretty good wine vineyards near by.:D

CC

sandis
03-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Wine's always good. :D

-sandi

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-25-2005, 02:06 AM
1 glass (red) a day = healthy heart:D

CC

wmcinnis
03-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Well, I guess it's just me:-?
-Susan-

sandis
03-25-2005, 07:33 AM
LOL--no Susan, it was an odd statement to make.... it was during his taped thing, right? Especially when in the next breath he's totally thanking her!

I'm hoping they'll explain it next week. :) Or maybe J. has any thoughts, since she was there--or do they not show those taped portions "live"?

-sandi

wmcinnis
03-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Well, he's cleared it up on his website::)

“During my interview segment last night, I said how being on the road is, “almost like you’d have to be choosing between either your music or your relationship with your family.” Everyone knows it’s a struggle to balance work and family and being away from home makes it even tougher. My family has and always will come first, whether I’m on the road or not. I love and respect my wife, family, friends and fans and I’m thankful for the opportunity Nashville Star has given me to make them proud. God has truly blessed me. Anything else I said during that segment was taken out of context and edited for time. God bless y’all and thank you for your support.” - Jason Meadows

I think it's kinda rotten, with all the B.S. they're airing. We could do without all the drama.....maybe their ratings are down this year.:rolleyes:

sandis
03-25-2005, 09:21 AM
I think it's kinda rotten, with all the B.S. they're airing. We could do without all the drama.....maybe their ratings are down this year.:rolleyes:

It's funny you say that... I'm pretty sure it's Miranda Lambert (I think she was on the Nashville Star when Buddy Jewell won?) that said that she watched the show this year, and she hated it, thought it was terrible the way it's being done now, and wouldn't have anything to do it. A lot of people are giving her a hard time for that comment, saying that w/o the show she wouldn't be where she is now, etc...her just released album debuted at #1.

Well, seems like Jason Meadows is kind of proving her right, in a sense?

ProducerJ
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
They shouldn't give her a hard time, because she's talking about THIS season of Nashville Star, and she's right... it has changed.

Jason's statement struck all of us odd during the show too... the video is shown on the big screen in the theater, and it's a little hard to hear because of course everyone is applauding after the contestant's name was announced, so I was thinking that maybe I missed something.

There's always going to be things taken out of context because it has to be edited for time, and sometimes, just makes better television. If you've ever paid attention to the press around the tv show The Bachelor - a lot of those contestants have said things they said about one guy/girl was actually aired as if it was said about another, because it fit within the context of the show.

A sad fact of reality tv I guess.

EVERYONE I talk to (including Cledus on the air with us) thinks Tamika is the one... she seems to be the one with the real talent - even if not the best fashion sense, LOL

J.

sandis
03-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh oh oh... so far it very much sounds like Leann Rimes is extremely hoarse... could it be that she's not singing with Bret? What a shame. :D

-sandi

ProducerJ
03-30-2005, 02:16 AM
i can't believe they voted Tamika off. :(

J. <--- hugged Bret tonight.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-30-2005, 03:56 AM
I can't believe it either:( That's just so WRONG. I was really looking forward to hearing her original song. It should have been Jenny or Jody imo. Guess I'll be pulling for my second favorite now ~ Jayron. Glad you got another Brett hug J :)

I loved hearing Phil do the hot tub song and Brett doing Every Rose Has It's Thorn. :D

CC

sandis
03-30-2005, 09:57 AM

J. <--- hugged Bret tonight.

:eek: I think I would have passed out. :D I had forgotten how much I LOVED that song... ahhh... memories....

Did you ever do an interview with him, J.? ;)

I can't believe Tamika is gone, either. What are people thinking???? :(

-sandi

wmcinnis
03-30-2005, 08:02 PM

I just knew all that B.S. was gonna hurt her!!:mad: I guess Jody must have all the cops voting for him....I can't, for the life of me understand why he's still there!:eek:
-Susan-

wmcinnis
04-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Here's an article from the tennessean on how Tamika and some of the rest of the contestants feel. http://tennessean.com/entertainment/news/archives/05/03/67633522.shtml?Element_ID=67633522

-Susan-

jagnikhah
04-06-2005, 12:30 AM
It was nice hearing Calling Baton Rouge tonight, but I still am voting for Jason lol.

Heather

GBsgirl
04-06-2005, 09:06 AM
That had to be the worst version of Calling Baton Rouge I ever heard. He played the fiddle well, but the singing left something to be desired. I think Garth cringed LOL . I voted for Jason too, took forever to get through.

Pam

wmcinnis
04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I didn't think it was all that bad.....but I agree, Justin can definitely play better than he can sing.
I didn't bother voting, as far as I'm concerned, the winner was gone last week.:rolleyes: Since this show seems to be more about personality than talent, I'm hoping Jayron is in the top two.
-Susan-

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-07-2005, 02:49 AM
Ditto. Definitely Jayron:)

CC

ProducerJ
04-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Ok, WHAT am I missing about Jayron? Nice guy and all... but I don't see any stage presence, he doesn't look comfortable holding a guitar, and I usually hold my ears when he sings.

J.

wmcinnis
04-07-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't see any stage presence, he doesn't look comfortable holding a guitar, and I usually hold my ears when he sings.J.

Do all those things really matter this season?;)
-Susan-

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-08-2005, 04:31 AM
lol. good point Susan. Doesn't seem to.

CC

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 12:51 AM
I had a feeling when Jayron did The Dance that he knew it was his last performance.

We've had the final 5 contestants all in the studio with us, so I've got to see them a little more "off stage" to see how they handle things that are thrown at them.

I'm going on the record and saying Jason Meadows IS the Star of the group.

J.

sandis
04-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I was sad to see him go... when I heard him on the air this morning :D I was really impressed by his voice--before, visually, I hadn't been so impressed, I was always leaning towards Jason, in spite of him reminding me of George Canyon.

I do like Jason, though. :)

wmcinnis
04-20-2005, 07:00 AM
This show is really ticking me off this year....I really liked Jayron....I loved it when they showed the clip of his Mom talking and she said everyone wanted to rip Anatasia's hair out....that was priceless.:D
That was the first performance from Erika Jo that impressed me.....when I heard the first few notes of Broken Wing, I thought ah, she's gonna blow it.
Well, I think you all know how I feel about Jody.....I put him on mute now.
I think Jason should have it in the bag now but I know alot of people will vote for Erika Jo cause they want to see a woman win this.:rolleyes:
-Susan-

What did you think of Bret Micheals song....I thought it was just alright.

GBsgirl
04-20-2005, 08:25 AM
I caught just the last ten minutes of last night's show. My daughter and I went to see Beauty Shop........really funny movie. Anyway, I got to see Bret Michaels perform...........I muted the tv LOL

Voted for Jason :)

Pammy

sandis
04-20-2005, 10:12 AM
I like the single he has out w/Jessica Andrews... this one, eh.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
A real bummer about Jayron, but oh well :( and yeah, I think Jason probably has it all sewn up. Brett looked great:D, but the song was just ok. Don't think I've heard the one with Jessica Andrews yet, Sandi, but I'll be listening for it:)

CC

wmcinnis
04-20-2005, 09:37 PM
I like the single he has out w/Jessica Andrews... this one, eh.

Haven't heard that one either Sandi.
-Susan-

sandis
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
It gets played a lot on XM. :D

I think it's called "All I Ever Needed"... help me out, J!! :p

-sandi

ProducerJ
04-20-2005, 11:08 PM
I LOVE this song. Anyone who's still married to the love of their life needs to put on this song and slow dance to it.

Didn't need fortune
Didn't need fame
Just a little shelter from the rain

Didn't need a castle made of stone
Just you there when I get home
When times got tough
You pulled me through
All I ever needed....
Was you.

sandis
04-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes! That's the one...sigh. :)

wmcinnis
04-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Sounds very nice.:)
-Susan-

Paula
04-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I've liked Jason from the beginning, but I'm also warming up to Erika Jo. I liked Tamika too and wish she was still in it. I was never very fond of Jayron...he just never looked comfortable on stage.

Paula

sandis
04-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Paula, were you listening to XM this morning? :D I actually agreed with something Cledus said... he compared Jayron to George Strait and Alan Jackson as far as mannerisms on stage. When you see George and Alan in concert they just stand there also, they don't move around at all (and I can vouch for this as far as Alan, that's for sure!). And Alan, well, he has no personality at all, as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes: George at least has that "cowboy cool" thing going. :)

-sandi

Paula
04-21-2005, 01:11 AM
I haven't subscribed to XM...just did the 3-day thing. It wasn't working for me at home so I can't see subscribing just for work when I can't turn it up loud enough for me to hear it.:(

It wasn't so much that he doesn't move...that doesn't bother me. He just didn't look like he was comfortable or like he was enjoying himself.

Paula

ProducerJ
04-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Go Jason Go!

Who do y'all think is gonna win this thing?

J. <--- would vote for Jason but wouldn't be surprised if Erika Jo wins.

sandis
04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
oh my gosh! :eek:

Thanks for the reminder... I totally forgot!

-sandi

GBsgirl
04-27-2005, 12:21 AM
UGH ! UGH ! UGH !

That's all I have to say.

Pammy

sandis
04-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Exactly. What on earth?! :(

-sandi

ProducerJ
04-27-2005, 12:32 AM
well.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I think it was a wrong choice, but I'm not surprised since a guy was chosen 2 years running...but, oh well:(

CC

ProducerJ
04-27-2005, 10:12 PM
To Erika Jo's credit... we had her live on the air this morning and she's handling it all really well. We played her single, and it was the first time she heard it on the radio. She was SO excited - she called her parents. They had a video crew following her too... apparently there's a "show after the show" they are prepping.

J.

Paula
04-28-2005, 12:33 AM
I wasn't surprised that she won, although I was rooting for Jason. When they all sang the song Big Star, I had a hunch.

Paula

Garth_FANtasizer
04-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Does Erica Jo remind anyone else here of a young Sandy?

I was hoping Jason would have won too. :(

~Ann~

GBsgirl
04-28-2005, 09:02 AM
(Does Erica Jo remind anyone else here of a young Sandy?)

I thought it was just me LOL From the very first interview clip I though of Sandy.

Pammy

sandis
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes!!! Someone mentioned that to me not too long ago, and it so does.

And J., I'm not surprised she's handling the interviews and stuff well (although I'm glad for her), hasn't she been singing/performing since she was little--ok, very young? :)

fuzzwuzz
04-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Nashville Star Finalists, State Farm Support American Red Cross Chapters

Contestants Hold Concerts to Raise Money for Red Cross Chapters in their Communities
Written by Leigh-Anne Dennison , Staff Writer

Monday, April 25, 2005 — For a second year Nashville Star, USA Network's grassroots talent search to find the next country music superstar, took the challenges of musical stardom to the next level by asking each finalist to put together a benefit concert for their home town chapter of the American Red Cross. To kick things off, Nashville Star sponsor and Red Cross supporter State Farm® contributed $10,000 at each of the five concerts as a "challenge donation."

Nashville Star/USA Network
Nashville Star finalist Jason Meadows goes home to Calera, Oklahoma, for festivities and benefit concert.

On Thursday, April 14th, the final five Nashville Star contestants celebrated a trip home with local events and benefit concerts. In less than 24 hours, they raised more than $80,000, including the challenge donations, benefiting the Greater Ozarks (MO), Diamond Valley (AR), Nashville, Southeast Oklahoma and Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter (GA) chapters and communities.

"Thanks to a wonderfully supportive relationship with State Farm, these talented up-and-coming artists and their generous fans, funds raised in these communities will support the life-saving programs and services offered by local chapters that help people in these neighborhoods prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies," says Julie Whitmer, Director of Entertainment Outreach for the American Red Cross.

State Farm has a history with the American Red Cross that dates back to the Second World War. The company and its employees support the organization not only through financial contributions, but also by donating time -- through volunteering -- and giving blood. In fact, State Farm and another fervent Red Cross supporter, Grammy-award winning artist Tim McGraw, recently joined with the American Red Cross for Neighbors Give Life™, a public awareness campaign to educate people on the importance and ease of blood donation. The campaign challenges neighbors across the country to give the gift of life by donating blood.

McGraw, who has been a member of the Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet since its inception, was asked to issue the formal benefit concert challenge to the finalists. He shared with these Nashville Star hopefuls, via a recorded message, that there is more to stardom than "playing to sold-out arenas."

"You need to remember your roots and give back to the community -- you know, help the people who helped you," said McGraw. Then, McGraw laid out the challenge for the contestants. "You will hold a benefit concert in your home town to raise money for your local chapters of the American Red Cross," he explained. "Now get out there and put on some great shows, raise a ton of dough, and congratulations once again."

With the challenge and McGraw's sage advice, Justin David, Jody Evans, Erika Jo, Jason Meadows and Jayron Weaver headed home – a place they hadn't seen for nearly two months – to play before their home town fans. Highlights from the homecoming festivities, including the benefit concerts, were included in episode 8 of the Nashville Star season, which originally aired on April 19th on USA Network. ...

http://www.redcross.org/article/0,1072,0_312_4221,00.html

wmcinnis
05-01-2005, 07:13 AM
That's too bad that Jason didn't win.....I had the same hunch Paula when they sang "Big Star":rolleyes: I'm just glad they didn't leave Jason hanging there on the sidelines like they did with George Canyon last year....the poor guy didn't know what to do with himself.
It was great to hear Jason sing Garth, I thought he did a darn good job of it and also Erika Jo with Trisha's song, wasn't bad either.
-Susan-

Paula
05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
That's too bad that Jason didn't win.....I had the same hunch Paula when they sang "Big Star":rolleyes: I'm just glad they didn't leave Jason hanging there on the sidelines like they did with George Canyon last year....the poor guy didn't know what to do with himself.
It was great to hear Jason sing Garth, I thought he did a darn good job of it and also Erika Jo with Trisha's song, wasn't bad either.
-Susan-Yes, he did a great job with Ain't Going Down. I thought it was cute that Erika Jo sang a Trisha song.

I just bought a ticket today for their stop here in July. It should be a good show.

Paula