PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's new CD

lee512w
01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Did any one else get it? What do you think?

Personally it makes me want to pack my bags, head way down south to the islands for some fun,sun,sand and surf to sip on a few banana daiquiris. :D

Leelee

GriggsGarthGirl
01-26-2005, 04:28 PM
It's a nice CD to listen to when there's 2+ feet of snow on the ground--lol. Warms ya up a little just thinking about the beach--lol.

Paula
01-26-2005, 09:45 PM
I've got to get to the store to pick up that and a couple others that came out this week. Maybe tomorrow, if it doesn't snow again!!!

Paula

Rooster
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I love, love, love this album. Leelee, it makes me want to do the same thing. :D

tearin' it up
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I couldn't find this in stores anywhere. Is it not available in Canada or are the stores in my area just dumb?

fuzzwuzz
01-27-2005, 09:27 PM
And I'm selling alot of them! :)

Paula
01-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I picked up a copy tonight at Best Buy with the bonus video only available at Best Buy. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm looking forward to listening to music that will remind me of the Caribbean and warm weather.

Paula

lee512w
01-27-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd like to know what's on the video~let us know Paula! I got mine at K-Mart (sorry Dale it's closer than Wal-mart) and Best Buy is about 40 miles or so away in Chattanooga. I really don't like it when they do something like that, putting extras in when you buy it someplace else..makes me feel like I'm missing out on something! :(

Leelee

GriggsGarthGirl
01-28-2005, 11:32 AM
I got mine at Wal-Mart--didn't look around too much, just picked one up when I saw the price. When I got home I was on another message board and someone mentioned they got one at Wal-Mart that came with the Roadcase II DVD. Guess I missed out on that.

fuzzwuzz
01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Could be. Wal-mart did that with Shania Twain's recent hits cd. Always check the music dvd section first for Wal-Mart exclusives. Same with movies. I got a bonus dvd with Friday Night Lights, but there were only a handful kinda hidden at the bottom of the new releases display. We will probably watch it tonight. :)

rodeolover
01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
I love kenny's new cd
and i am so happy that all of you love my boyfriends new cd it is great when u are down in the dumps of winter..

Rooster
01-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Has Kenny been two timing me? :p :D

wmcinnis
01-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I couldn't find this in stores anywhere. Is it not available in Canada or are the stores in my area just dumb?

I went to WalMart today and looked and they didn't have it either....I went to amazon.ca and they have it listed as an import so I guess it's not available here yet......this is a first, I've always been able to pick up Kenny's music with no problem before....what's so different about this one.:confused:
-Susan-

Paula
01-30-2005, 09:28 PM
I'd like to know what's on the video~let us know Paula! I got mine at K-Mart (sorry Dale it's closer than Wal-mart) and Best Buy is about 40 miles or so away in Chattanooga. I really don't like it when they do something like that, putting extras in when you buy it someplace else..makes me feel like I'm missing out on something! :(

LeeleeI agree. I don't think it's fair for them to have arrangements with different stores like that. I haven't had a chance to listen/watch since I've been away for the last few days.
I got mine at Wal-Mart--didn't look around too much, just picked one up when I saw the price. When I got home I was on another message board and someone mentioned they got one at Wal-Mart that came with the Roadcase II DVD. Guess I missed out on that.I saw the one with the DVD at Wal*Mart, but I thought the price was higher than just the CD.

Paula

allisonv7
01-31-2005, 03:17 AM
I can't really decide if I like it or not. I listened to it while I was driving the other day and by the time it was over I wasn't really digging it. I haven't listened to it anymore, but I'm starting to think maybe I like it? I don't know...can't decide :)

I do love "Old Blue Chair" though, that was my favorite off the last record. I still don't understand why he put it on this one too. Interesting.

allison.

lee512w
01-31-2005, 08:32 AM
This is a press release I found on his label site maybe it'll help understand why he did it!

"Be As You Are: Songs From An Old Blue Chair Kenny Chesney Opens His Heart, His Life, His Notebook Jan. 25 Intimate Collection Offers A Look at the Other Side of Superstar's World

*** Somewhere in the Caribbean: When Kenny Chesney went to the islands, he was looking to get away; what he found was a lot like coming home. He may not have realized what an imprint the various islands in that turquoise water were making on his soul -- but over the years, the tides have pulled him back, set him at ease and have cast a pretty strong undertow to his personal brand of power-country, whether it's the kickin' back ease of* "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems," the yearning "The Coast of Somewhere Beautiful" or the calyptic Uncle Kracker duet "When The Sun Goes Down."

*** For the man who's sold almost 17 million records* -- including 3 million copies of When The Sun Goes Down, 4 million No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems and 3 million Greatest Hits -- the islands was a place to go and get away from being an emerging bold-faced name. As he exhales on the title track, "You can be a tourist, a beach bum or a star…" -- and it's that ability to just live life on its own terms that appealed to the soon-to-be-superstar.

*** To that end, there's Be As You Are: Songs From An Old Blue Chair, which will arrive in-stores on January 25. An intimate singer/songwriter record, it's a 12-song rumination on the people, places, feelings and sensations that've made up the last 6 years of the man who's sold close to 1.2 million concert tickets this year alone's life.

*** "I don't know what I was looking for when I went down there -- or what I was hoping to find," says Chesney about the pull of the islands. "But I don't think I could have ever expected the feeling of peace, of easiness, of belonging that I did find. It was an amazing place at a very difficult time -- and I think I built a life down there, just being.
*** "And I've certainly shared pieces of that with the fans over the last couple records, but I don't think people really understand how the islands have affected me. This record is kind of about that… what it means, who these people are. It's not just a party place, or drinks with umbrellas and coconut milk… That's part of it, absolutely, but it's just a different rhythm a different way of looking at the world - and it has a lot to do with me being able to do what I do out there on the road."

*** Opening with "Old Blue Chair," which closes his Country Music Association Album of the Year and American Music Awards Top Country Album When The Sun Goes Down, this much quieter, more hushed Kenny Chesney project moves through story songs -- "Island Boy," "She Came From Boston," "Sherrie's Living In Paradise" -- to frolicsome moments - "Guitars, Tiki Bars," "Key Lime Pie" and the old school cocktail-esque "Magic"-- to the in-the-moment real life tales -- "Be As You Are," "Something Sexy About The Rain."

*** With "Somewhere In The Sun," written quite literally in the shadow of a snow cancelled show on his Margaritas'& Senoritas Tour, that opens with the truthful "Stuck herein a Holday Inn in Austin, Texas…," Chesney juxtaposes the empty hours of the road with the soul-filling quietness of the water. Then in another polaroid snatched from his daily being "French Kissing Life" -- "I don't really know what day it is/ I've been rockin' 9 days in a row… I know I could use a shave and I need some rest/ And people are worried about me" -- captures his re-entry to life after the cheering crowds and the exhilaration of just the feel of breathing.

*** "It's so easy to make the islands all about fun or some kind of escape, but it runs much deeper for me," admits the Luttrell, Tennessean. "This is my heart… and it's a record that came out of that. I didn't set out to 'WRITE THE ISLAND RECORD…,' I wrote songs about people I met, moments that stood out over the last few years, things I realized. When I went back and looked at my notebook, I saw this collection emerge. Given how much this place and this time in my life has meant to me, I wanted to share it with the fans… and it's not what people think of when they think of a 'Kenny Chesney Record.' This isn't that… it's like looking over my shoulder, seeing me when I'm being quiet -- and I'm just glad there are people I can share this part of me with."

*** When The Sun Goes Down continues its march across the charts.* Sitting ar
#7 with a bullet on this week's Billboard chart, plans are for singles from his full-tilt studio record to continue well into 2005"

Rooster
01-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks Leelee. :)

I can't get over how good this album is. I really think it's his best yet and I really don't know how he's going to top it. He's brought the feeling of the islands right to my CD player. It brings back childhood memories of being close to the water. I long to be there again.

With him, of course. ;) :D