PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fair/Fest 2005

PJ
01-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi All!

I haven't been to Fan Fest since Fan Fair moved from the fairgrounds and got a new name so am looking for some help from those of you who have attended in the recent past please.

My sister is making noises about wanting to attend this year, but due to work constraints, she would only be able to go Saturday and Sunday. I looked on their web site and see that only 4 day passes are sold. Are there typically day passes available when it gets closer to time or are 4 days passes the only way to get into the concerts at the Coliseum?

Thanks for any help you may offer!

sandis
01-11-2005, 11:23 AM
I didn't go to Fan Fair itself last year (i.e., the autograph lines, etc), but did go to one of the nightly concerts... and was able to buy tickets for just one night as the date got closer. :)

-Sandi

Jude
01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Hi PJ

I've been several times and they sold day passes even on the day itself. I preferred it when it was at the fairgrounds though. Very commercialized now.
Hope you get to go

PJ
01-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Where were the seats located for the day only tickets? Could you see the stage or just hear?

sandis
01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
The seats we ended up with were in the lower "bowl", but at the opposite end of the Coliseum from the stage... pretty far away! :eek: They have pretty big screens, though, so you can kinda see who's up there. :D I guess that's the drawback of waiting... although I think we didn't get the tickets the day they went on sale, either (on sale for single day buyers, that is).

Luckily one of my friends had bought seats through a scalper, and had 7th row... on the night I went, 2 of the people with him didn't go, so 2 of us snuck down there and joined him! :D That was awesome.

-sandi

Paula
01-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Like Sandi said, the seats for the one-day tickets are pretty far away; but you can almost always get closer if you see seats that are unoccupied, since people with 4-day passes don't always go to the concerts every night.

The only thing with the one-day tickets is that they are only good for either the Colisseum or Riverfront shows, at least I don't think they are good for both shows. They are also not good for access to the Convention Center where the artists' booths are.

My sister and I aren't going this year.:( We decided to plan a trip with my brother, and we're going at the same time that Fan Fair takes place.

Paula

PJ
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the help! I will pass on all this info as it will help her decide if/when she'd like to attend.

Jen19
01-17-2005, 03:37 PM
hey PJ, since I'm a local here I have always just bought the day passes for the nightly concerts. but this year I got full acess passes on Friday after the event had started and I ony paid 25/ each for them the seats were bad but like Paula said there are alwasys open seats so I sat next to Paula who had good seats !!!

I'm said your not coming this year Paula, this past year was fun fun fun.

JEN

PJ
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks Jen! I think we'll have to wait until it gets closer to time and do the best we can. I'll probably be asking more questions of you then. ;)

Paula
01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
hey PJ, since I'm a local here I have always just bought the day passes for the nightly concerts. but this year I got full acess passes on Friday after the event had started and I ony paid 25/ each for them the seats were bad but like Paula said there are alwasys open seats so I sat next to Paula who had good seats !!!

I'm said your not coming this year Paula, this past year was fun fun fun.

JENI'm sad too...I'm going to miss it. However, I do have a Southwest credit that I need to use before June from our cancelled Daytona Beach trip. I'm thinking of heading to Nashville for a weekend in March or April...just have to find someone who might like to make the trip with me...catch the Opry and Nashville Star. If I can't, maybe I'll visit my brother in Florida.

Then again, maybe a spring training announcement will be made soon.:D

Paula