PDA

View Full Version : Garth the Pioneer?

garthtacular
01-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I was watching on CMT last night the two programs: The Forty greatest Drinking Songs and The biggest headliners of 2004. It got me thinking much of thoose artists wold be where they are now if it wasn't for Garth, Do You agree?
Exampels:
Two Pina Colladas- sounds very much like Jimmy Buffets style- You think Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney would not have done this type of thing first.

Beer Run- Tobey Keith- Beer For my Horses- Garth came First.

Garth blazed the way for a cross over into pop, so others followed : Tim Mc Graw, Shania Twain, ect

Garth a visionary- one time he mentioned that an atrist achievment award should go to Reba instaed of himself, Reba won a similar status recently.

keith Urban, Brad Paisely, Gterchen Wilson, and others are followers in Garths steps , in the way they entertain and preform

if thier wasn't a Garth who would theese other people be today
feedback, suggestions, thoughts welcome

fuzzwuzz
01-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I just wonder right now. Where would I be if there wasn't a Garth?

luvsgarth62
01-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Good topic guys. Yeah, I agree. Garth paved so many roads for so many other artists, just like George Strait and Jones were his influences, Garth is an influence for Tim and all the new guys.

I can't even to begin to imagine if Garth hadn't become a star. I've heard his music ever since I was 9-10, so I'd probably be hung up on George Strait or Keith Urban. Of course, I love George Strait, but I'm not obssed with him.

-Alicia

wmcinnis
01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
I just wonder right now. Where would I be if there wasn't a Garth?

I thought it was Chris Gaines Dale......there was a Garth long before CG.

I do agree with Garth opening the door for alot of these acts today, but as far as the crossing over to pop, I think Shania for one would have come to that anyway.
I do think he's set the bar for stage shows.....would every country artist be sitting on stage on a bar stool if it wasn't for the likes of Garth?
-Susan-

sandis
01-03-2005, 08:52 PM

I do agree with Garth opening the door for alot of these acts today, but as far as the crossing over to pop, I think Shania for one would have come to that anyway.
I do think he's set the bar for stage shows.....would every country artist be sitting on stage on a bar stool if it wasn't for the likes of Garth?
-Susan-

Oh yeah, Garth paved the way for lots of artists :) , but don't you think that just by the way he performed he kind of paved the way for country/pop artists, like Shania?

And as far as I'm concerned, Reba and her red dress :D paved the way for Shania's belly button... or at the very least, made things easier for her. I know there was still a big fuss about it, but that red dress already changed *everything*! LOL

-sandi

wmcinnis
01-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh yeah, Garth paved the way for lots of artists :) , but don't you think that just by the way he performed he kind of paved the way for country/pop artists, like Shania?

Good point Sandi.....when I think about it further I'm thinking there might not have been a middle ground for these artists....it would have been either they were country or they were pop and I have a feeling Shania would have been just a pop artist, we'll never know now will we.....thanks alot Garth!;)
-Susan-

fuzzwuzz
01-10-2005, 10:34 PM
-Susan-

Not to me there wasn't. Chris was there first through my whole love affair with music. Garth nailed it with the "character." :)