PDA

View Full Version : Where's Trisha?

Paula
11-29-2004, 11:06 PM
According to countrynation.com,
-- Trisha Yearwood has a new album coming out in 2005,and she talks about it in the December 7 issue of Woman's Day magazine. Trisha also shares her most favorite Christmas story in the article. Has an actual date been given for the release?

Paula

jagnikhah
11-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Ive seen reports of Feb but Ive also seen it listed as June so your guess is as good as mine.

sandis
11-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Doesn't a single usually come out first? Joyce? Anyone? Help? :D

-Sandi

ProducerJ
11-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Haven't we been over this? :p

Yes single first...assuming the label is going to work her to radio which I'm sure they will. The label will only say she's not on the calendar for either a single or an album in 2004 (which of course, is now almost over) and the last time I asked about a date that showed up on some website I was told nothing was confirmed yet.

sandis
11-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Haven't we been over this? :p

Yes single first...assuming the label is going to work her to radio which I'm sure they will. The label will only say she's not on the calendar for either a single or an album in 2004 (which of course, is now almost over) and the last time I asked about a date that showed up on some website I was told nothing was confirmed yet.

You're still the best. :D

I'm just thinking if February is the date.. then we should expect a single fairly soon. Which would be a nice Christmas present. :D :D :D

However... wishful thinking, I know. :p

-sandi

ProducerJ
11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Actually, we DON'T want a Christmas single. That's what they do to bury singles they don't care about. The charts get frozen the last 2 weeks of the year, and a lot of things die in that time period.

In fact, there is one major label artist throwing a major fit right now because their record label planned to release a single December 13th, which would guarantee it would go nowhere.

Really... patience is a virtue this time of year.

sandis
11-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Ok... a nice belated Christmas present. Call it an after the New Years present. ;)

Thanks for ALL of your patience...

:D :D :D

-sandi

Paula
01-10-2005, 07:50 PM
From Neil Haislop's column at gactv.com -
TRISHA SURFACES BRIEFLY
Trisha Yearwood surfaced recently when she sang at the Mid South Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Dinner of Champions in Nashville. The event honored Darrell Waltrip for his strong support and raised $150,000 for the organization. Word is the wait for new music from Trisha is about over - a new single is expected in the next few months.Paula

Rooster
01-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll believe it when I see it... errr... hear it, actually. :D

No offense, but we've heard this before. Isn't it her darn label that keeps messing things up? :mad:

Thanks Paula for finding this. :)

TammyLS
01-11-2005, 10:42 AM
LOL, I don't know, but MCA sure could use some lessons in promotion and supporting their artists! Especially Trisha! And being that this show happened in Sept, they sure waited long enough to bring it to everyones attention didn't they? And since it was Sept, aren't these comments old then? Geesh, Sept, was over 4 Months ago! Also, there are some positively Beautiful Pics of Trisha from this event on the Trishayearwood.com News page! If you haven't seen them, I recommend taking a look, Trisha looks Radiantly Beautiful!! And that color-Wow!
I do believe this album, when it does come out, is really gonna be something, and I can't Wait!! I'm hoping for a Feb. Single, which is what we've heard a few times....I can Hope!
I just hope/Pray when it Does come out, that MCA, and RADIO SUPPORT and PROMOTE IT!!!!

Rooster
01-11-2005, 10:52 AM
I do believe this album, when it does come out, is really gonna be somethingWithout a doubt! :)

sandis
01-11-2005, 11:19 AM
LOL, I don't know, but MCA sure could use some lessons in promotion and supporting their artists! Especially Trisha!
No kidding!! But it's almost always that the "best" artists that don't get promoted the way they should, IMO.

I do believe this album, when it does come out, is really gonna be something, and I can't Wait!!
Isn't it always? :D

Paula
01-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Boy, Neil is slipping if he is that out of date with his news!

Paula

Carol Ann
01-12-2005, 07:31 AM
I'm sure that just recently there was a thread at TY.com talking about her new CD and someone had posted either a link or talked about somebody who had some inside info who indicated that Trisha was holding off releasing the CD because of label problems or something along that line. I went back to see if I could find it but it's not there now and I wonder if it was deleted by the moderators? Did anyone else see this? So far, we've heard nothing "official" about even a single and it makes me wonder. MCA has done nothing for Trisha and her last few CD's and it wouldn't surprise me to know that Garth especially would be advising her because we all know he had his share of problems with labels.

Carol

Garth_FANtasizer
01-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I saw it too, Carol. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there is some truth to that rumor.

~Ann~

TrishaNGarthFan
01-12-2005, 02:52 PM
I saw the thread too and noticed it gone. I know Trisha has had problems with MCA for years, despite how much she praises them when she's interviewed. If I were her I'd get out of there as soon as possible, and go to a label who appreciates me. She deserves so much more than what MCA is willing to NOT do for her.

Sue

ProducerJ
01-23-2005, 12:23 AM
So far, we've heard nothing "official" about even a single and it makes me wonder.
The line in Neil's column about the wait for new music from Trisha is almost over and to expect a new single in a "few months" is a direct quote from the MCA radio report that week. Last I asked, (which has been recently) they still didn't have a single on the calendar.

Honestly - and this is purely my opinion - but I think part of the problem is that Trisha doesn't have management right now. She let Force go when she went off the road and on hiatus. A manager is the person you pay to do your battles for you... it seems like she's having to fight the fight herself, and from what I hear, Luke Lewis isn't as big a supporter of hers as Bruce Hinton was. If she had a manager they'd be able to go in and get the deal done. But if you ask anyone at the label what she's doing without management they just chuckle and say "she's got Garth."

J.

jagnikhah
01-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the information J, its always nice to hear atleast something since MCA sure isnt puting any information out there lol. I have been wondering who Trish's new manager was since she got rid of her old one, so her not having one is really interesting. From what you say about the label laughing and saying she has Garth, it sounds like they think she is just listening and doing what Garth says. Trisha is a smart lady, she knows what she is doing. I just wish everything would be settled so we could get a single atleast. Again, thanks for the info.

Heather

GBronx
01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
I was thinking about her new music just today and here it's being talked about here on PG!!! LOL

Joyce you always give us a good explanation of the business so everyone could understand it!!! Thanks!!!

Paula
02-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Okay, I don't know if Neil is still behind with the news or if the possible early summer release date is new information, but this was in Neil Haislop's column at countrystars.com -
TRISHA YEARWOOD ALBUM COMPLETE, SINGLE OUT SOON
Trisha Yearwood's new album is complete, and those who have heard some of it say it's great. Word is, expect the first single to hit radio very soon. New album, perhaps as early as early summer. The word a couple of months back is that Garth Brooks "will have a presence on Trisha's album." No specifics as to whether that means as a songwriter, background vocals or duet.Paula

ProducerJ
02-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Someone need to tell Neil that he can go to countrytune.com and listen for himself, LOL

sandis
02-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Poor guy... we should ask him to join PG, too. :D

-sandi