PDA

View Full Version : Chris Greicius Award

Michael 77
11-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I don't know if the following thing has been posted before, but I just found an article (dated Nov. 18, 2004) on a german "country news" website about Garth. I searched PG forums for posts about that event, but I got no results, so I think this has not been posted before.

The article says that Garth Brooks among others received the Chris Greicius Award. I searched the web to find an article in your language about that event.

The award presentation was already on Sept. 10, 2004 as far as I know.

Here's the article from the Make A Wish foundation website:

Every year the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America recognizes the entertainment industry for its dedication to wish granting with the Chris Greicius Award. Chris' wish to be a police officer was fulfilled in 1980, and inspired the volunteers who granted this wish to form the Make-A-Wish Foundation later that year. This year, we are proud to announce the following members of the entertainment industry as the 2004 Chris Greicius Award winners: the cast from the WB television show Charmed, country music legend GARTH BROOKS and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Congratulations!

Source: http://www.wish.org/celebrityspotlight/cs0904.htm

Just thought I share it with you...

Michael

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
11-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey Michael! :)

This does sound familiar to me, but I'm not sure why or where I may have already seen/heard it... but, you're right, I don't think anyone has posted it here before... so THANKS for taking the time to come in and share it with us!!! :)

It IS really cool that they would honor Garth with this award! Something he can definitely be proud of!!!

I think, sometimes, we get so used to Garth being out of the 'mainstream', in terms of his activities, we forget that he is STILL really involved in certain arenas... just not recording and performing. When the things that he is doing, behind the scenes, gets honored like this... it's REALLY nice to hear about it!!! So, I appreciate you bringing it to our attention!

Great find. :)

DeeDee

Paula
11-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks for finding that. I don't believe that has been posted before now. I wonder if he was there to accept the award or if there is some more information about this somewhere.

Paula

Skydancer
11-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Congratulations to Garth! Well deserved!

phillygirl4garth
11-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for sharing that Michael!

Denise

Michael 77
11-20-2004, 07:47 PM
You're welcome :)

Paula, I searched the web via google.com to find more, but the only thing I can find about that event is the article I've posted.

There was also a little photo of Garth on the german country news website where I found that article, but the photo looks like an old one, it doesn't look like one taken at the award presentation. Nevertheless, it's a real nice one of Garth.

I've attached the pic, they have posted together with that article, for you guys. Enjoy it :)

Michael

handsomegarth
11-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks for sharing that article and gorgeous pic of Garth. He looks so darn cute.