PDA

View Full Version : do you remember the first time when you first heard Garth

garthtacular
11-13-2004, 01:02 AM
share you expierences where were you, what were you doing, when was the time ect.

The first time I heard garth I wasn't a big fan , i was just truning through the radio channels and i heard a new song, this was back in the early 1990s , at that time i did not really care for it, the song was The dance. A few months later I opened up the tv guide and on on of the pages it advertised one of the country music awards shows and he was all over it listed his nominees for various catagories , i still thought nothing of it, because at that time was not a big fan of conntry music. When the awards show aired i just happend to be channel surfing and stumbeled on to the show and he won partically every single award except female artist award. I thought to my self this guy must be something, what is he all about, so i started to listen to that radio station more often and got deeper and deeper into this type of music, soon about six months later i bought his first tape not cd and listened to it , every single song amd from that point on i realized that this guy, Garth Brooks is real, so from then on since almost since 1993 or 1994 I have stayed with garth and country music, i have upgraded my tapes to cds but i only wish i have stayed with him since the begining of his carreer.

Skydancer
11-13-2004, 06:51 AM
It was about 1991 or 1992, in the car with my mom. She'd play country music occasionally. She didn't play it for a while, and I missed it, so I begged her to turn on 94.7 WQDR (our local country station) again. Then every time a song that really grabbed my attention came on, I'd ask her, "Who's that?" and she said, "Garth Brooks..."

After I'd heard enough songs from him on the radio, my dad could tell he was clearly my favorite by the way I responded to his music. He got me my first CD, "In Pieces."

Then when Texas Stadium was being broadcasted on TV, my mom said, "Garth's doing a big concert and it's gonna be on TV tonight..." I asked what he was singing, and she replied, "His hits..." So... that was when I saw him in action for the first time... and WOW!

That's all I have to say!