PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks (Toby Keith)

garthtacular
11-09-2004, 10:09 PM
I was listening to Garth just today, and something stemmed a thought, just for fun many Garth song or Tobys songs I could see ethier of them sigining:

Garth songs for Toby: Toby songs for garth

Pappa Loved Mamma Stays in mexico
Rodeo or Mexico I love This Bar
Freinds In Low Places American soldier
Beer Run Beer for my horses
rodeo
something with a ring to to it
dixie chicken

any others are welcome any others are welcome

wmcinnis
11-10-2004, 06:22 AM
I just had to take a peak at this thread, cause seeing those two names in the same title made me cringe.:eek:
I personally wouldn't want to hear Toby sing any of Garth's songs!
Okay carry on.:)
-Susan-

Skydancer
11-10-2004, 07:38 AM
I don't think the two personalities really go together, but some of the songs might... you never know... :)

Unfortunately I don't know any of Toby's songs besides "How Do You Like Me Now" which I can see Garth singing, but in the same fashion as Toby did. Something about the vocal style is what gives me that idea, not the song or lyrics itself...

Perhaps for those of us who aren't knowledgable of Toby Keith (or can't see the two names working together, lol), we could list songs by other artists in general we'd want to see Garth cover or something, and vice versa... just an idea... you don't have to.

I think you've got a good list there... :) Feel free to continue the Garth/Toby theme...

TrishaNGarthFan
11-10-2004, 07:46 AM
I've always seen a parallel between Toby and Garth....I like your choice of songs for each to sing, too.

Sue

fuzzwuzz
11-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Shameless/I Wanna Talk About Me

Snow
11-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I think ya'll have listed about all the Toby Keith songs that I know off the top of my head.

Cute idea. If I get a chance I'll look up some titles and try one.

I can't imagine the two together either... though knowing Garth he'd probably give it a go.

Ya know... I actually like listening to some of Tobey's songs... it's just his personality that puts me off and ruins it a little for me. But still when some of them come on the radio or CMT I will watch... but I think just about every time I look at my husband and say..... the song is great and if he didn't open his mouth outside of singing I'd probably be a fan! *lol* Like "American Soldier"... I LOVE It....... but then when I put it with some of the political things he's said it just takes away from it.

But to each their own and I know for a fact a lot of people feel the same way about Garth in some ways so since I know how disappointing and sad it is to hear people talk down Garth I try not to do it about others.

Well I just did do it didn't I? Well ya'll don't count! You're family! *lol* :p

olewis77
11-11-2004, 07:34 PM
I think this is a good idea. I like it. Hmmm...let's see.

Toby/Garth
Blue Moon/She's Every Woman

I Wanna be a Cowboy/Cowboy Cadillac

Garth/ Dirks Bently
Everytime That it Rains/My Last Name

that's all I can think of for now

Olivia:)

Steven75407
11-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Toby should sing "Rodeo or Mexico" It sounds like something he would sing.