PDA

View Full Version : Coment made concerning Garth.

luvsgarth62
11-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Guys,

I was doing the mail (library) and this other woman was helping me and we got off on the subject of music and I brought up Garth and (hold on to your hats) she said she doesn't like him, thinks he's bald, fat and ugly. I swear it was like she killed me right there. I told her that I think he is just so sexy and gorgeous and she totally made a face, she later told me that she was playing with me, but she doesn't get Garth. That's her problem, right ladies?

-Alicia

wmcinnis
11-09-2004, 08:00 PM
LOL Alicia....people have done that to me before too, just to see my reaction.

As far as her not 'getting Garth'....I don't know it what context she means but alot of people I run into aren't getting why he had to retire, when they see alot of artists balancing their fame and children. Frankly I thought he'd be back before I got tired of explaining it to people......no such luck.;)
-Susan-

Skywise
11-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Guys,

I was doing the mail (library) and this other woman was helping me and we got off on the subject of music and I brought up Garth and (hold on to your hats) she said she doesn't like him, thinks he's bald, fat and ugly. I swear it was like she killed me right there. I told her that I think he is just so sexy and gorgeous and she totally made a face, she later told me that she was playing with me, but she doesn't get Garth. That's her problem, right ladies?

-Alicia

eh Alicia- Garth's fans are not only ladies- there are us guys out there too.
She may not "get Garth" as it were, but he sure as hell ain't a sex symbol in my book.. not even if I were into men... whcih I am not..

Skydancer
11-10-2004, 04:58 AM
People like this are impossible to reason with about Garth because no matter what you say, they still think you're un-cool.

Actually, most of these people I have noticed hate country music, period. And country music seems to be one of those things where you even love it or you hate it and there is little in between... then again, many of Garth's fans don't like country in general, but like the way Garth does it...

I wouldn't say Garth is a sex symbol (a la some of our "bubblegum pop" stars), but I a good part of what makes him seem physically attractive to some, I think, is that he is so down to earth and really reaches out to people and it tends to show in the way he physically presents himself.

As for the retirement to spend time with his children, I think he is probably happier doing it this way than he was when he was trying to balance it like so many others have. His success had well surpassed anything even he'd ever dreamed of, and there is no arguing that most of these "balancers" can only dream of reaching his status. Sometimes you get to a point where you've accomplished everything you wanted to, and that alone is more than most people do in a lifetime that Garth has done in only a decade. Sometimes once you get passed that you just decide it is time to be a "normal" person again for a while, and enter a new phase in your life, and there is no blame or shame in that.

Maybe she doesn't understand his music and why people go so crazy over it because she can't really see what it stands for. Many people don't see that either.

But yes, it's her problem. :) LOL

Rooster
11-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Most people that are not familiar with Garth and his music aren't going to get it. It's what he has on the inside that makes him a beautiful person... not the outside. ;)

gbaby77
11-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I do not know why some people just don't get him. I get tired of trying ot explain it to people; especially the retirement issue. I just know what I think of him. The greatest showman of our time and a down to earth guyas well.

Skywise
11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
The greatest showman of our time and a down to earth guyas well.

both true statments!

the retirement issue--- I'm staying away from it, as there are those who don't like my opinions on it

luvsgarth62
11-10-2004, 05:26 PM
He is beautiful on the inside as well, but she just didn't get what was so appealing about him. When people like that come up, it's kinda like there's only certain people who 'get' it, and I'm proud to be one of those people. And guys, I didn't forget you, I was saying that the ladies like the outside and inside, where the guys mainly like his music. But ya never know who's gonna like what.

-Alicia

P.S. True, he doesn't have 'bubblegum pop star looks' but he is so fine to look at. I think part of it is his face, it's always so sweet looking:)

Garthmedic
11-10-2004, 10:46 PM
It's the fact that he is genuine, which makes him appealing to me (speaking from a guy's perspective)

--spud--:)

Skywise
11-10-2004, 11:51 PM
It's the fact that he is genuine, which makes him appealing to me (speaking from a guy's perspective)

--spud--:)

eloquently put, Spud!

Rooster
11-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Yea. I agree. You're so eloquent, Spud. snicker... snicker ;)

Skywise
11-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Yea. I agree. You're so eloquent, Spud. snicker... snicker ;)

Dang, Rooster, no need to be rude about it.. thanks...

Rooster
11-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Scott, I really wasn't trying to be rude. :) I apologize if you took it that way. I wasn't snickering at you at all. You know, Spud, he's so manly. And it was just maybe a little bit funny for the word 'eloquent' to be associated with Spud. That's all I meant by it. It really was a poke at Spud. Does that make it better? :)

Skywise
11-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Scott, I really wasn't trying to be rude. :) I apologize if you took it that way. I wasn't snickering at you at all. You know, Spud, he's so manly. And it was just maybe a little bit funny for the word 'eloquent' to be associated with Spud. That's all I meant by it. It really was a poke at Spud. Does that make it better? :)

no harsh feelings roost!

Skywise
11-11-2004, 01:46 PM

no harsh feelings roost! (sorry, my post may be here twice-)

it's all better! :) Spud........... eloquent........... spud........... eloquent..

hmm, maybe he's not telling us something about himself? :)

Rooster
11-11-2004, 01:50 PM
no harsh feelings roost! it's all better! :)Kewl! :)

Garthmedic
11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
hmm, maybe he's not telling us something about himself?

Gee? Me be secretive? LOL! Who woulda thunk it?

--spud--:p

olewis77
11-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Well, my opinion may not mean much, but here goes.

I am a HUGE Garth fan, my hubby is not. How do we keep the peace? Agree to disagree. We don't talk about it. Sreiously,we never mention it. If we're together and a song of his comes on the radio, we turn it, because he will make fun and I get mad.

Now, like Spud, it's his realisim that does it for me. Yes, I think Garth is attractive, but his features are a lot like my hubby's; tall, dark, good ol' boy looks and charm. The kind of guy that will hold your hand on a moonlight walk and beat the crap out of anyone who tries anything funny with you. That's my hubby.

An old wives tail says that men love with their minds and women with their ears, so that may solve some of the issue here. Most of us ladies are looking for more than just a great bod. We're looking for grace, humor, loyality, trust, friendship, humility, and of course love. I think that Garth has most of those qualities. They're in his music, his actions, and mostly shown at his concerts and appearances around the world.

Those who don't get it, will never get it, because they do not want to see human nature at its best. Not that they're looking for the bad in everything, but its easier to believe something bad about someone, than something good.

It's just my opinion, Olivia