PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's welcome to their opinion, but...

PJ
10-20-2004, 04:46 PM
from http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/10_20elliott.htm

by Chris Elliott who can be reached at CDElliott009@aol.com :

Still, people love the guy. Itís kind of like Garth Brooks. People go bananas over Garth Brooks, and I just donít understand why. Iím a great lover of the singer and the song, and this guy brings neither. He is a tweezley tenor singer who can take it downstairs a little bit, and he writes stupid tear-jerker songs about the great American idiot. And people love the guy. He puts on the big hat, does some grinniní, singiní, and pickiní, and audience and Garth all go home happy. I donít understand it.

The writer says he doesn't understand it. Anyone else feel the urge to educate him? ;)

bluestocket
10-20-2004, 05:02 PM
LOL. Why should anyone of us post that guy ANYTHING? He never will get it, so if he doesn't feel it with his heart, words can't explain it to him. My personal favorite is:

Garth Brooks is, as my friend Bob Cannon once wrote, "Nothing but a thumb with a hat on it."

Never had a better laugh!
*blue*

Skydancer
10-20-2004, 05:35 PM
That's like someone I came across who works (or says she works) for performance venues. She claimed to have worked for Garth and said he was a "normal joe who his roadies talk negatively about, was disgusting to his wife, and isn't well liked by those he worked with... blah blah blah..." and also said until you meet him in person, you're "grossly mistaken."

These people never get it. They just like to trash Garth's image to get fans (and non-fans) going because they know they will. And it never fails, those fight threads are always the longest on any forum...

I used to think they were worth my attention, because I know Garth isn't like that, but it's a moot point, really. They aren't worthy of further attention and I am sure Garth is okay with that. He even said in one interview: "I can see perfectly well why people would hate me." But he seems to pay more attention to those he loves and who love him in return. I can't say what he *really* thinks (outside of the public), but what he shows there is a skill I wish I had often times.

Hey, at this person can they can say she DID work for Garth- good for your resume... LOL!

"No matter what they tell us, no matter what they do, no matter what they teach us. What we believe is true." -Meat Loaf

Rooster
10-20-2004, 07:23 PM
I emailed him. :D

redstrokes77
10-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Garth I CAN understand.
Bush I CAN'T.

deb

Skydancer
10-20-2004, 08:56 PM
I emailed him. :D

LOL! There probably won't be any convincing him, but At least you tried... :)

I think what annoys me the most is when I start to like a new singer, and are into their music and such for a while, and share them with friends, and make new friends through a different singer... And no doubt like the new singer in different ways and for different things than Garth. But sometimes people seem to act like you can't like the new artist and support him/her in your own way without bumping down Garth!

Not exactly a huge deal, but can be a little disheartening at times...

:)

Rooster
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Yea... I didn't convince him.

:)

Skydancer
10-20-2004, 09:57 PM
... but well, brother ain't it better dealing with him face to face?!

LOL! :)

It's nice to speak your mind sometimes though. :)

olewis77
10-21-2004, 07:23 AM
This venue girl sounds like she was never really close enough to Garth to understand him or get that he's just human and more than likely she only ever saw the Garth who had to deal with construction problems, sound equipment problems, maybe Sandy was complaining about something that day, maybe he was just haveing a bad day, it happens even to those in the ranks with Garth. Bad days aren't just limited to us regular Joe Shmoes. Everybody has them, I have found that most people think just because your a superstar or famous that you can't have bad days, its like they think; hey they're rich, they have everything they want, what do they have to complain about? They forget that they are people too.

For those who don't get it, they're either too caught up in their own lives and looking out for #1 or they're way too small minded and its a case of simple minds find simple pleasures. Either way they are not able to deal with deep thoughts, hard truths and soul stirring emotion, its never going to change with them, so let them live their sad lives.

Garth_FANtasizer
10-21-2004, 09:02 AM
from http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/10_20elliott.htm

by Chris Elliott who can be reached at CDElliott009@aol.com :

Still, people love the guy. Itís kind of like Garth Brooks. People go bananas over Garth Brooks, and I just donít understand why. Iím a great lover of the singer and the song, and this guy brings neither. He is a tweezley tenor singer who can take it downstairs a little bit, and he writes stupid tear-jerker songs about the great American idiot. And people love the guy. He puts on the big hat, does some grinniní, singiní, and pickiní, and audience and Garth all go home happy. I donít understand it.

The writer says he doesn't understand it. Anyone else feel the urge to educate him? ;)

Nope. He doesn't get it. According to him, we are all great American idiots. If I were from Ireland, I'd feel left out. Did he forget about the song "Ireland?"

And what about all the other fans around the world? Garth's music touches them too.

I say lets leave no idiot left behind!

~Ann~ <- American Idiot.

wmcinnis
10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks for including us with the rest of you idiots Ann:D

-Susan- <-Canadian Idiot

bluestocket
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Garth touches hearts, you are right.

So what really annoys me is the fact he compares Brooks and Bush! That's freaky!