PDA

View Full Version : just wondering if anyone could help me?

britgarthfan
10-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi, im new to the boards. I live in England, and was just wondering if anyone knew if Garth would be touring the UK at any point?

My mother is an absolutely huge fan, and has been for many years... She is very down in the dumps at the moment due to family tragedy, and I would love to cheer her up by taking her to a concert.

If anyone knows anything and could tell me it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

BGT.
xxx

Garthmedic
10-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi BGT!

Unfortunately, Garth has retired from touring. Its was his choice to spend more time with his family.

--spud--:)

britgarthfan
10-15-2004, 03:34 PM
awww thats a shame, but totally understandable. Having 2 little ones myself, I know I wouldnt be able to hack being away from them for even a day, let alone the time a whole tour lasts.

thanks for replying, its very much appreciated. :)

Skydancer
10-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forums, britgarthfan! Sorry you never got to see Garth perform live before he retired... I didn't either. :( Hopefully you and your mother will get to see him one day, and I hope your mother is feels better.

Take heart :)

jpmongie
10-19-2004, 05:15 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for the title of a song that I heard/saw on one of Garth's concerts a couple of years ago - it was probably one of the best live performances I've ever seen - and although it was broadcast on tv one could still feel the energy from him. There was one song he did, and I've been looking for quite a while now and cannot find the title - I also know it was the theme song for a sitcom called Dave's World. I live in South Africa and there aint that many GB fans here so it's difficult to find information. I wouldn't mind getting the DVD of the concert either - I know it was held in Texas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Till later ,

JP

PJ
10-19-2004, 02:37 PM
There was one song he did, and I've been looking for quite a while now and cannot find the title - I also know it was the theme song for a sitcom called Dave's World. I live in South Africa and there aint that many GB fans here so it's difficult to find information. I wouldn't mind getting the DVD of the concert either - I know it was held in Texas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome JP!

Unfortunately, none of Garth's concerts or TV specials have been released on DVD yet.

Can you give us some more information on the song you are looking for? Was the concert you saw the one from TX where he was wearing a blue shirt or a black and red shirt? (open stadium or closed arena?) Do you remember a lyric, what it was about, or what Garth was doing while he was singing?

allisonv7
10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I looked it up and I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Billy Joel's "You May Be Right", which Garth has performed in concert. I'm not sure what kindof resources you have, but if you try out one of those music downloading programs it shouldn't be *too* hard to find Garth's live version of it.

allison.

jpmongie
10-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Thanx a million Allison it is that song indeed - to PJ in this specific concert he runs around the stage (the stage is in a circular form) and jumps in the air and grab a rope and swings around and jumps back on stage - later on he smashes a guitar with one of the other band members. As I said I saw it a while back on South African TV and never again. But at least I found the song. But will keep looking for that concert.

PJ
10-20-2004, 09:40 AM
The concert is called This is Garth Brooks and was released on home video, just not DVD.

jpmongie
10-20-2004, 12:10 PM
The concert is called This is Garth Brooks and was released on home video, just not DVD.

Excellent !!! Thats it ! how amazing is this site ! Found the answers to two questions that's been bothering me for over a year, and found it in les than 24 hours. GREAT !! Thanx alot guys.