PDA

View Full Version : It is hard to believe that it has been...

CountryBee
10-07-2004, 03:30 PM
3 years (give or take a month or so) since Garth retired. I was going through some video tapes that I had made and found 2 that said only "Garth Brooks" on the label. So I put one in the machine to play it and found it contained the interview he did with Charlie Rose and his first "Coast to Coast to Coast" TV special. It made me realize that I really miss Garth, and glad that I was able to go to that concert at the L. A. Forum. He is and always will be the best live performer anyone could ever see. I watch other artists videos, where they were taped in a live performance, and can see how much they are copying Garth's style (even if they don't know it). Garth has left a lasting influence on most of the artists who came along after him.
Bee

fuzzwuzz
10-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Not only that but he busted down alot of the doors today's country artists are now walking through with the greatest of ease. :)

Skydancer
10-08-2004, 02:15 AM
Yes. I did the same thing (with the videos) about a year ago. I still remember when he'd just made a name for himself. I had no idea it would turn out as well as it did for him. For some reason, these videos touch me now more than they did before (not that they didn't before)...

I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder...