PDA

View Full Version : Garth wearing Glasses???

wmcinnis
10-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Mmmm, I have never seen him wear glasses before, have you?
-Susan-

kristen166
10-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I saw a photo from his earlier days in glasses, i dont know if they are actually glasses cause he has bad eyesight, or if it was for a fashion look or something to that effect. I thought somebody posted a long time ago here that he wears contacts or something.

BLL
10-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I have a photo of him wearing the same glasses in one of the biographies I have; he said at one point in time he has astigmatism and wore glasses to read.

Skydancer
10-02-2004, 03:13 PM
They give him a different look in that picture. Still very handsome though. :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-02-2004, 03:27 PM
That hunk Chris Gaines looks pretty good in glasses too! ;)

~Ann~

sandis
10-02-2004, 04:18 PM
:D

Speaking of Chris Gaines.... did anyone see him making the list of the "20 most embarrassing videos" on CMT last night?? I don't think so!!! :p

ADcrzy4GB
10-02-2004, 05:39 PM
i saw that sandi:D i liked that video. but they sure tore up some of the other videos. i thought it was pretty funny!

*AMANDA BROOKE*

lee512w
10-02-2004, 08:07 PM
I'd never seen that picture that you posted Susan...Thank you!! But there's another one of him out there with him in glasses from when he was on tour or something. He was in sweats, I think and had a ball cap on. Anyone remember this one or have the picture to post?? All I can remember thinking of it was that he looked :D

Leelee

wmcinnis
10-03-2004, 08:55 AM
I have a photo of him wearing the same glasses in one of the biographies I have; he said at one point in time he has astigmatism and wore glasses to read.

I knew that someone here would know.....thanks:)
I got that picture out of my husbands Memories and Dreams book. It's a book I had bought him for Christmas the year that Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto closed.....didn't realize there would be a little added bonus in there for me;)
-Susan-

G-f
10-03-2004, 08:00 PM
I've seen him one time on TV with glasses on. Those folks that were GB lovers back when he was doing all the TV spots before his concert "THIS IS GARTH BROOKS," Well when he was on one of the morning shows that Katie Courick (sp), she was doing an interview with him, he was either in Nashville or Texas, I don't remember, but he had glasses on. She made a remark after the interview was over to the anchor person there with her something like "are glasses suppose to make you look smarter or something like that," because I took it as being very snooty.......snotty... that was back when he always used to say "yes mame" to her and she didn't like it. That's the only time I remember seeing him in glasses on tv.
Tricia

olewis77
10-04-2004, 02:34 PM
I didn't think Garth could get any cuter, but man, those glasses!!! And boy do we ever like Chris Gains in them, Whew! I think I remember a quick clip in one of the TV specials of him back stage wearing them as well, can't remember if it was This is Garth Brooks, or Irland and Back. I didn't see the CMT thing, and honestly didn't know Chris Gains ever made a video, will have to search for the rebroadcast.

Skydancer
10-04-2004, 06:36 PM
I know there was a Chris Gaines concert. I taped it. Sometimes in between songs it showed Garth talking about Chris Gaines, and showed what looked like exerpts from a music video of some sort.

Oh, I remember that Katie Couric Interview- when she kept asking him not to say "yes ma'am." There was this feature where they showed a collection of Garth interviews- I think all the time Katie interviewed Garth, and after she seemed bothered by the "yes ma'am" they said that Garth returned to the show next year "more polite than ever" (or something to that effect.)

trixie1717
10-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Ya know, as hot as he already is, something about a guy in glasses just does it for me!

fuzzwuzz
10-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Hot!!!! :)