PDA

View Full Version : New Garth interview

sandis
09-29-2004, 02:48 PM
This was sent to me by a friend today:

from Radio & Records' HotFax:

Garth Brooks gave his first radio interview in three years to Marie Osmond on last Friday's Marie and Friends program. Brooks talked baseball and even sang an impromptu version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with Osmand on backing vocals. Asked if he might return to his career, Brooks said "When my youngest is 18, I'll be 52. Maybe we'll fire up the machine for one more tour if there's still a place for us."

luvsgarth62
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Cool! Is there a transcript available anywhere? He needs to do more TV interviews:) We'll all be waiting around in 10 years, I'll tell you that. How cool is that?!

-Alicia

sandis
09-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Last week Garth Brooks gave his first radio interview in three years - and he gave it to his longtime friend and fellow entertainer, Marie Osmond. Garth talked to her on the daily radio show, Marie and Friends. The website allaboutcountry.com reported that the interview included an impromptu performance of Garth singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." Much of the conversation was about baseball, as Garth suited up last spring with the Kansas City Royals in efforts to generate awareness for The Teammates for Kids Foundation. "The only thing that kept me from making a living out of sports was my athletic ability," said Garth. "The reason Garth Brooks is a megastar is because his fans can relate to his heart," added Marie. "Throughout my most public struggles I could always count on a phone call, a card, or a note of support from Garth. He is a genuine friend." When Marie asked her buddy if he was ever going to sing again, Garth replied, "When my youngest is 18, I'll be 52. Maybe we'll fire up the machine for one more tour if there's still a place for us."

Published on: September 29, 2004

Jen19
09-29-2004, 04:48 PM
you can listen online !!! Very cool

http://www.radiomarie.com/MariesGuests/index.html

sandis
09-29-2004, 05:34 PM
ooh.... yeay!! Thanks, Jen!! :)

-Sandi

Garth_FANtasizer
09-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the link, Jen. And thank you Sandi for the interview info.!

It makes me feel so happy just hearing that sweet voice! What a treat this was. Thanks you guys!

~Ann~

Paula
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Thank you Sandi and Jen...very cool!

Paula

wmcinnis
09-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks so much Sandi and Jen:)
-Susan-

Skydancer
09-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks so much for posting that! That's really nice! :)

BLL
09-29-2004, 11:03 PM
'kids in need have no flag' ....very cool, GB, very cool.

phillygirl4garth
09-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Thank you so much, I love just hearing his voice:)

Denise

Honeybunny31
10-01-2004, 12:06 AM
She also has Teamates for kids foundation listed under her favorite sites...

Which by the way has been updated.

http://www.touchemall.com/

Take Care All,

Lisa