PDA

View Full Version : I wanna believe that Garth...

fuzzwuzz
08-29-2004, 11:58 PM
1.) Has not forgotten I/we exist and misses me/us all so very desparately

2.) Takes the time to read my/all our thoughts at PG as a result

3.) Will not hide away from me/us forever like this

I can't help it. I feel so let down at times. Is there any room at the inn anymore? I'm bored and not adjusting too well at all! Maybe everybody else can name their top three things they'd like to believe about Garth and us, as the people he did music for in the first place? Is it really through?

Jude
08-30-2004, 12:31 PM
I believe Garth
1) is happy
2) will be back
3) and that he misses us as much as we miss him

How can you feel let down? If Garth is happy then that is surely what we all want. If it is through then that must be his decision and we must all respect that.

Jude

fuzzwuzz
08-30-2004, 09:20 PM
But I feel "lost" and forgotten at times. We aren't as important anymore. There seems to be no room for us. Of course I'm talking from my own selfishness there, because I know Garth goes out of his way for the fans he runs into and the needy. I thought he needed us even while away from the spotlight. I was wrong. Reality bites!

GBsgirl
08-30-2004, 11:13 PM
You know, Garth made a decision to step away from the spotlight to raise his family. A decision thousands of other men wish they had the money to do. His family should come first.

We are fans, not his family. He doesn't owe us anything.

I miss him and I'll be there when and if he decides to step back on stage, But he isn't and never was teh center of my universe, that place belongs to my family.

Build a bridge and get on with your life. I know I'll get in all kinds of trouble for this post but, really, I think you need help. Garth is a human being, with all the faults that entails. He's not some one to be placed up on a pedestal.

There is something in your life that is sadly lacking if you have to spend all this emotion on a singer.

Let the flaming begin.

Pam

Wendi5000
08-31-2004, 09:21 PM
Pam,

Dale just tends to get a bit emotional at times, especially when it comes to Garth. And, haven't we all been guilty of that?

Dale,

I do think maybe it is a bit unhealthy to focus too much emotional energy on the fact that Garth isn't in the spotlight much. But I don't think he's forgotten us... and if he's happy, and we as fans care about him, that's what should count right? Remember, God will never forget you or let you down. Garth's just a human, like the rest of us.

Okay, that's my two cents. Take it or leave it guys :)

fuzzwuzz
08-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I really appreciate your being honest with me in your thoughts! More than you know I'm taking them to heart. I don't have Garth right here by my side to work through this. (If he was I fear I'd even tell him to go take a hike until he explains himself.)And I prayed for God to help me too. I'm probably more tired of hearing myself whining than any of you put together! And this situation is kinda private and very close to home, and I am not at liberty to talk openly about it, which puts my emotions on overload even more.

But the one thing I have to differ on is, Garth IS family to me. He himself lead me to that acceptance of him. Of you all. The people who make music. And my own people right here I my community. THE HUMAN RACE. That is where my heart resides. Where Garth stretched it to. Only, my arms aren't big enough to do it alone.

I don't just come to PG because of Garth now. I come to be with his people. Which I am one. I have a hard time understanding sometimes why Garth doesn't do the same. Why he shuts himself away from the outside world to such extremes that I got hurt needlessly by my own people because of that. How I was made to feel an outsider among friends because of Garth. I thought we could share friends but I guess not. It's two different worlds colliding. I don't deal well with keeping secrets to extremes. I've always been out in the open even here online. If anyone asked, I'd be happy to show them all the skeletons in my closet too. Guess it's that darn old Pandora's box on my lap! Ha! Ha!

Anyway, I'm sorry I bothered you all. I'm sorry I go on and on about this. And I'm sorry I can't even say why. For you see, I do respect Garth's privacy, or I would have. But I'm paying the price and he better appreciate it! And that's all for now folks!

ke77? Thanks for all that. Just know the issue was never Garth leaving us for his girls. I'm truly happy for them! See you around at AG?

Don't worry. I'll be ok. I also found out the hormones I'm taking for menopause are very bad and is what's likely setting me off by surprise so much. I'm gonna discuss this with my doctor next week. "Bare" with me! :)

fuzzwuzz
09-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey y'all!

Before I go battle it out with Frances I just wanted to share with you that I had a very prayful session with the Lord about 1Cor.13 and I discovered what love IS: "Patient and kind." And, what love ISN'T!! There were alot of those! Go check it out if you don't believe me!

One thing I know for sure is, I want true love to be my main goal in life, no matter how bad I may suck at it. Because it's the only road to real life. And it's the only way to find the good in another's eyes and to receive that which we are not worthy of ourselves.

Well, Frances is making it's way to me and my people. But God is greater than any force of nature. Just remember that, ok?

Love yas forever!

Your sista thru Garth, ~Dale

luvsgarth62
09-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Hey guys,

I miss him as much as all of y'all, but I know that he is happy with his girls and Trisha. I do believe someday he will 'Come back to us again' :) I couldn't use the title exactly like it is, but I tried:)

I have no doubt that he misses us and can't wait for when he can sing again and everything, but I know if he were out doing his thing, he would miss his girls very much, and we all don't want him to be sad, cause if he is, we are.

So, when I get to missing that gorgeous voice, I put on a CD or pop a tape in the VCR, and it's like he's back where he was. Pretty cool!

Take care,
-Alicia

phillygirl4garth
09-04-2004, 05:20 PM
As much as I miss Garth being in the "spotlight" more, I am so HAPPY that he is happy. As many times as I have gone on Garth adventures, I have to agree with everyone else, that my family has gone first. I have missed several Garthy things for my children. And even if Garth doesn't ever come back (sorry to even speculate on such things but...) he will always have a place in my heart, and more importantly in my spirit. Because through Garth, I have met so many wonderful people, had many great "moments" and have found some good answers through his songs. What more could I ask from any one person. Garth has given me enough, doesn't owe me anything, but I sure as H*&& miss him. I'll wait, not patiently, but definitly with respect and love:)

Denise

Wendi5000
09-05-2004, 05:31 AM
The less things change, the more they never seem the same.

Garth's music is still around, and the memories of the concerts and other events will always be with us. But, it's not the same without him "around" doing public things. And it never will be the same now, ya know? But...

Change is a part of life. If everything always stayed the same, think of how boring it would be. Just know, if you happen to be reading this Garth, we'll never forget ya :)

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Or Chris Gaines! :)

Come to me!! :)

olewis77
09-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I first need to say that I am new and don't know most of you yet, so if my opinions offend some of you, sorry. I agree that Garths most important job is being a father to his girls. I don't think anyone has disagreed with that decision. Our passion for his music and that mystical thing that is Garth and makes his songs so life altering and soul barring sometimes forces us to ask why? Why retire from a life he loved? Couldn't he find a balance between family and career? Is there even such a thing?? That's the biggest question of all. Everytime we see couples like Tim and Faith raise a family and still make music and tour and everything it takes to keep their image in the public eye we wonder, why couldn't Garth? But we also wonder, because we know the type of human Garth is, are they really finding a healthy balance by themselves or are there an army of nanny's hiding in the background??
Garths music has touched us all and if we were all honest with ourselves we would admit that at times we do feel abandoned by him, it was such an unforseen outcome that it was more than a shock. For many of us because we don't see him out and about, or have the oppertunity to go to his home and wait outside his gate it was almost like a death, the suddeness of it was almost like his death. In a way metophorically speaking it was. And so now we're trying to grieve for his music while trying to find something that comes close on the radio. When we don't find it we grieve all over again and ask why?
That being said, it doesn't mean that we need professional help, it means that Garths music has touched us deeply and forever changed the very basic elemental parts of us that are who we are. He has become a part of us, much like Elvis was for his fans in his day, and when he left we were all shell shocked and we flock to the one place we can come to remember and dream and cry and hope, here.
I'm truely happy to be a part of this place and I hope I haven't offended anyone. I'm truely happy for Garth even while I miss him.
Olivia

Garthmedic
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Olivia,

You are more than welcome to speak your opinion and rest assured- nobody will be offended with you voicing yours.

Tim and Faith DO continue to make music and raise children at the same time. It is their choice to do so. Do remember this: they haven't been doing it as long as Garth has.

Lastly, although I can't speak to this as a father, I do admire a man who has the means and desire to focus his life towards his children. Not many men can say that they would do that- even if they had the socio-economic background as Garth does. Writing music, recording songs, touring, promoting takes much in terms of time and energy.

Garth and Sandy divorced, which is quite sad. I want to believe that Garth is a family man who, although he doesn't share a life with the girls' mother, he does spend his life with his kids. That's one hell of a good guy, IMHO.

--spud--:)

olewis77
09-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Spud,

Didn't think of it like that. Of course being a parent myself i know the kind of time and self sacraficing it takes to rais your children. I'm not saying that I think Garth had an obligation to try, quite the oppisit. I think he spent every second since Taylor was born trying. I'm not disagreeing with his choice either. I believe that he made the right decision, regardless of the fans, critics and maybe even his own family and friends, what I'm saying is that I understand what Fuzz is saying when she said she felt lost and neglicted, I think most of us did at first. But even though we agree with his decision and support it we still sometimes wonder why?

Thank you for letting me know I had not offended anyone, and I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just not sure I've made myself understood clearly. Sorry.

Olivia:)

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2004, 11:35 PM
I understand you very well! It does seem like "death" at times! It seems so final. Like Garth's back is to us now and not his heart. But I think this is where we come to that place of learning to believe in what he always was and is to us as having been real. At times it's like, was it only a mirage? And why doesn't he keep in touch? Who knows why he totally walked away. Maybe it was all or nothing like he always said. He finally did it for his girls and Trisha it seems, but not us. He never walked away from them like he has us. I do feel forgotten and hurt, alot! And talk of a comeback now or later just don't do it for me. It's too late for that! And I'll have none of it. We have a say in this relationship too! Ya know? But I'm learning to keep the faith and remember the serious, solid things Garth always said concerning us. And I remember Chris Gaines and where we may be headed in the future and it gives me hope!

I don't know, but to me, we should still be part of that 100 percent he says he only can settle for. Where did we get lost through the cracks in that equation? As just something from his past? An "old memory"? He will clearly never be that to us.

Alls I know is, love is the greatest as he has said. And can survive anything. Even space and time. I'm not as angry anymore and keeping my eyes open to what may be coming. I hope it's not hurricane Jean!!

olewis77
09-17-2004, 12:28 AM
I hope Jean stays far away, too much too soon!!!
I completely understand where your comming from, I was just there a while ago. It's hard trying to cope with all the stress in your life when the one person or thing that always got you through is no longer available. That's when I realized it was a grieving process, we grieve for the music, we grieve for the weekly appearance, we grieve because he's gone. Your right, I have been listening to mostly Chris Gains these last few months because it's so like Garth even while it's totally not him. Those little bits of personal thoughts on the songs helped me to see that this was the Rocker in Garth. Maybe in the future he'll try his hand at Rock and Roll?? Maybe his next country album will go one step further and be 100% Garth songs and we'll see where he's going with that bluegrassy number on Scarecrow. Now we can go beyond the talk of a come back and speculate on what it will be, we just had to get over the anger first. And comming here voicing your thoughts and anguish amung those who understand eve if they don't admit it to themselves helps. I'm very sorry for whatever personal stress you were going through, but know that those here care and will always listen(read).

Praying for Floridians,
Olivia:)

fuzzwuzz
09-17-2004, 01:47 AM
I think I am finally learning that Garth's people are the best when I'm down in spite of Garth.

olewis77
09-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Here! Here! :D :) :D