PDA

View Full Version : .38 Special

Teach
08-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Has anyone here ever heard of this band? Last night they played at Six Flags New Orleans and my son wanted to go so J.D. and I went as well. Needless to say most of what they played sounded like noise to me but my son thought they were great. My son said they are a very famous southern rock band.

sandyannie
08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Has anyone here ever heard of this band? Last night they played at Six Flags New Orleans and my son wanted to go so J.D. and I went as well. Needless to say most of what they played sounded like noise to me but my son thought they were great. My son said they are a very famous southern rock band.
Yes! I'm guessing in the late 70's and early 80's they were at the height of their popularity. They were often compared to Lynyrd Skynyrd and had a few decent hits. The most popular hits were "So Caught Up In You," and "Hang On Loosely." If you are thinking of getting a CD for your son, there is a greatest hits CD containing the high points of their career. I don't know if the band has changed members since their early days, but in the seventies and eighties I even liked them!

fuzzwuzz
08-16-2004, 09:48 PM
I've been quoting them all week at work!

"Hold on Loosely, but don't let go. If you cling too tightly you're gonna lose control."

Reminds me some of "Why Ain't I Running"

Zack
08-25-2004, 01:38 PM
The lead singer of .38 Special is the brother of Skynyrds's late lead singer Ronnie Van Zant.

I saw them 3 years ago, good show. OF course, I'm a classic/southern rock junkie, so I'm a little biased.

sandis
08-25-2004, 04:13 PM
The lead singer of .38 Special is the brother of Skynyrds's late lead singer Ronnie Van Zant.

I saw them 3 years ago, good show. OF course, I'm a classic/southern rock junkie, so I'm a little biased.

Wow--I had no idea!! Thanks for that info; I LOVE Skynyrd (in fact they were playing in my tape deck when I was in my first car accident--the things you remember!! LOL), and I also loved .38 Special... :)

-Sandi