PDA

View Full Version : It has been a very quiet Garth summer!

CountryBee
08-12-2004, 04:02 PM
And a very quiet year. Not much news and very few Garth sightings. I have been in "Garth withdrawal" and have looked for something to compensate for Garth's absence. Since I'm also a big Science Fiction fan, I have been using my two favorite SciFi TV shows, "Star Trek Enterprise" and "Stargate SG-1". The cable SciFi Channel has a repeat of a "Stargate SG-1" episode every evening. Plus, the new season of "Stargate SG-1" has begun. I now have the SG-1 series star Richard Dean Anderson as my consolation for not having Garth Brooks. Has anyone else found someone, or something, to compenstate for Garth's absence? Or, have you found a way through, or out of, your "Garth Withdrawal"?
Bee

gbkubfan
08-12-2004, 04:33 PM
And a very quiet year. Not much news and very few Garth sightings. I have been in "Garth withdrawal" and have looked for something to compensate for Garth's absence. Since I'm also a big Science Fiction fan, I have been using my two favorite SciFi TV shows, "Star Trek Enterprise" and "Stargate SG-1". The cable SciFi Channel has a repeat of a "Stargate SG-1" episode every evening. Plus, the new season of "Stargate SG-1" has begun. I now have the SG-1 series star Richard Dean Anderson as my consolation for not having Garth Brooks. Has anyone else found someone, or something, to compenstate for Garth's absence? Or, have you found a way through, or out of, your "Garth Withdrawal"?
Bee

I have been following two bands....Barenaked Ladies and Guster. I have been to two BNL concerts and am going to Guster in a couple weeks. I am still supporting Garth. I bought two CDs today, Fresh Horses and The Chase. I am house sitting for a friend and always leave her Garth CDs when I leave. She isn't a typical fan but I have hooked her into Garth. She has even been driving around town listening to the CDs and calls me to tell me if she likes a particular song. I look for people who show an interest in his music and look for excuses to share his music. I have also been listening to Tori Amos alot and have even got to say hi to her. Nobody in country music interests me and none of the music interests me. I hate to say that after all the money I spent on country music in the 90's. If I buy any country music now I listen to the stuff from the 70's and early 80's. But I miss Garth and hope for maybe a new cover for Double Live to quench my collecting urge. my wish is he would release all the concerts from the last tour much like Pearl Jam and Barenaked Ladies have down recently. So that is how I am handling my withdrawals.

ProducerJ
08-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I've been much more productive on my scrapbooking, and spend a lot more time on scrapbooking websites.

J.

phillygirl4garth
08-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Although some new stuff would be awesome, I try to stay satisfied with the old stuff. Every week when I clean, my neighbors get treated to a Garth concert. lol

Denise

PJ
08-12-2004, 08:24 PM
I have been following two bands....Barenaked Ladies and Guster. I have been to two BNL concerts

I've been a BNL fan for quite awhile. They are great in concert and a lot of fun!

fuzzwuzz
08-13-2004, 12:25 AM
My stereo is hardly on these days. It makes me feel lonelier.

Kashmir
08-13-2004, 07:33 PM
... Has anyone else found someone, or something, to compenstate for Garth's absence? Or, have you found a way through, or out of, your "Garth Withdrawal"?
Bee

I miss GARTH VERY, VERY, MUCH!! And since I'm NOT a country listener(sorry) and prefer Rock music I'm very happy. From GODSMACK(woo..hoo.. Sully!), AUDIOSLAVE(Chris Cornell...aaahh...), EVANESCENCE(great to finally hear a female voice in rock music!!), LINKIN PARK and so on.....been to several concerts and had a great time.

I'm also a hugh fan of "24" with Keifer Sutherland I just love that show!!!!! I've been watching it on dvd and Charmed too!

But...I patiently wait for GARTH! Some day he'll be back!

I'LL BE READY!!!!!

Until then...I have SULLY and CHRIS C.