PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed for Adam

GBronx
07-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Most of you know of Adam, Pages son. He needs emergency surgery for a bowel blockage. He doesn't do well under anesthesia on top of everything else.

So please pray for him, Paige and the other kids..
I will try to keep you updated as best I can..

Thank you.
JoAnn

Monica Lockhart
07-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Praying Jo!!

I'm moving this to the Main Forum.. we need all the people we can to see it!

:ipray:

Moni

fuzzwuzz
07-15-2004, 12:30 AM
May God be with you!

You are loved, ~Dale XOXO

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
07-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Sending many (((HUGS))) Adam's way. My thoughts and prayers are with you Adam and Paige and all of your family!

CC

GBShameless
07-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Sending ((HUGS)) to Adam and Paige and family, they are in my thoughts and :ipray:

Robin

Snow
07-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Consider it done... and prayers for comfort and strength for the entire family as well.:ipray:

Teach
07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Adam, Paige, and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith.

Mary Ann

GBronx
07-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Adam looks good this morning!! HE'S feeling better..... They did an x-ray. The x-ray showed not much improvement. They will take another x-ray tomorrow morning. They will continue to watch and give him fleets to try to clear him more. They are extracting all this from his G tube. It's better then last night and there is a good chance he won't need the surgery!!

Doc said 75% heal without surgery. The twist is most likely caused by previous surgeries (adhesions).
So it's watch and see for today!!
Prayers are helping keep them up!!!

Rooster
07-15-2004, 12:06 PM
You got it! :ipray: Glad to hear he's doing well. :)

GarthDreamer77
07-15-2004, 05:14 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Adam and his family. :ipray:

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

phillygirl4garth
07-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Sending prayers from Philly! May the angels watch over Adam!

Denise

Paula
07-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Hope Adam continues to improve and that the surgery won't be necessary. I'll keep him, Paige and the whole family in my thoughts.
They are extracting all this from his G tube. That's gotta be a sign that everything will turn out okay.:)

Paula

GBronx
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
This is the update I got this morning from Glenda Adams nurse (and Paige's friend)!

Adam is doing well and had a good night....The good news is that surgery is stepping back because they believe that this whole thing was caused by inflammation in his belly from the bladder infection. The issues of IV access remain and the good news is that the one that anesthesia started Thurs night is still working. He has not gotten any nutrition so that is the next issue if continues to not be able to get feeds. We will be talking later with pediatric team of doc to discuss the all the issues and determine a course of treatment central line, PICC line or what.......He has his balloons and is VERY happy so mood is not an issue for him.........He just bopped the girl who drew his blood....such lil booger.......
Paige is holding up well in spite of it all.....Today is going to be esp hard as it is Ryan's 18th birthday but she did receive a safe arrival phone call and he is OFFICIALLY in the US NAVY, all sworn in and everything........
Adam has decided sleep is not something that he is into at the moment but once he crashes watch out! Paige is going to be gone quite a while today to take the kids back home so not sure what is happening around here at this point.
Thanks for all the T&P's
Glenda

Vanessa
07-16-2004, 05:53 PM
thanks for the update..glad they're all doing so well :)

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

ProducerJ
07-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Here's an Adam update from JoAnn, she's having trouble getting on PG and asked me to post for her:

Hi all.
Well, we have taken a couple steps back....He is not tolerating his feeds well so we will see what happens tomorrow. They have slowed them way down and the doc is sure he will but not going home tomorrow for sure....His mood is still good but if he isn't tolerating his feeds tomorrow then they will start hyperal(IV nutrition) so he doesn't keep losing weight.
More tomorrow but need more prayers......
Thanks again.....

fuzzwuzz
07-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks Glenda. We surely will. Hang in there!

You are loved, ~Dale

Harriet
07-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Adam is doing better today... his meds and feedings are going through the G tube... he is in a great mood.. sent me boober kisses through the phone and was laughing up a storm... he was just about to watch Central Park...
Paige thanks everyone for their continued prayers... if he continues to tolerate meds and if they can increase feedings up through the tubing so that he gets adequate nutrition, they can release him tomorrow..
keep those prayers coming! will update more when we know more...
hugs..
Harriet

Paula
07-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Glad to hear some positive news about Adam...hope to hear he continues to improve and is well enough to go home soon.

Paula

Harriet
07-19-2004, 11:10 PM
well, things can change so quickly..
the latest is that he isn't tolerating the feeding enough to be able to release him tomorrow... Just found this out about 10 minutes ago... Paige is naturally bummed by all the ups and downs, so please continue to pray for Adam and her.. maybe it'll only be one more day...
hugs..
Harriet

GBronx
07-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Adams system is still not cooperating.

Paige told me they will be starting REGLAN(S?) to help him process the food and meds he is getting. In the mean time they are finally going to put nutrition in his IV. He has only gotten about 600 calories in the last week. Adam has lost 6 lbs!!!
While Paige was ranting and raving this AM for them to do something it the nutritionist walked into the room and agreed with Paige!!!

They are also going to take another X-ray of his pelvic area to see if anything has changed...
Maybe that will lead to a GI series and a CAT scan..
Paige is at her wits end trying to get them to do something other then take a "Let's wait and see attitude"!!
The kid needs nutrition and to find out what the heck is going on!!
Please pray for Paige....
(asking for prayers for Adam is a given!!!)

Aunty Jo-Jo

ProducerJ
07-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Any updates? And is there anything we can do for Paige, short of flying out and babysitting the other kids? (I would if I could!)

J.

shmlss4gb
07-23-2004, 07:32 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Adam and his family.

Terri

GBronx
07-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Adam Paige and Glenda went home today!!!!

Adam is doing better!! DUH!!! He's home!!!

When I get an update on how he;s doing at home I'll let yall know!!

Blessings,
Jo

Snow
07-23-2004, 08:20 PM
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! *stomps & whistles* for Adam and his family!

I know what a relief it is to get home from staying with a loved one that's been in the hospital for a while.

GBronx
07-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I was just IMing with Glenda Adam's nurse (and Paige's friend).
She said Adam is doing well and is happy to be home.

The dog made a big mess and the kids are all home too!!!

Paige is out getting staples and meds and all is getting put back together!!!

Thank you all for your prayers!! Paige appreciates them more then yall know!!

Jo

Paula
07-23-2004, 09:44 PM
That is great news! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Paula

Vanessa
07-24-2004, 12:47 PM
that's fantastic news!

God and peace,

justus
07-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Thank you all so much for the T's & P's (and the babysitting offers-lol)!!!!

Adam is doing well thus far......time will tell if this is a "new thing" that we have to add to our list (ugh)

Definately was scary for a few days and more emotional than I care to confess.....Adam was admitted the same day Ryan left for the Navy.....

I have heard from Ryan and all is well.....not sure how much he knows currently about Adam......

Still trying to get things settled, but I wanted to make sure you were all "Thanked" properly!!! :)

The love was felt and the prayers were answered!

As Always~
Paige

fuzzwuzz
07-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Oh thank God! :)

phillygirl4garth
07-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Yeah! Happy for all:D

Denise

wvsweety2003
07-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Wow I haven't been on here I hope everything is ok I am praying for you guys..itsthe least I can do after all the love shown for Steph..if there is anything I mean ANYTHING please let me know

Love you and praying
Tina

Teach
07-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Paige, so glad to hear Adam is home and I will continue to keep you, Adam, and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary Ann

Jude
07-31-2004, 01:41 PM
I know i'm a bit late but I will keep you all in my thoughs and prayers

GBronx
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
I spoke to Paige this afternoon and she said that Adam is doing well.

She also had a phone call from her Sailor!!! He said, "Hi, Mommy!!"

He loves what he's doing and is doing well getting good reports from his CO!!

So, all the prayers are working...
Paige thanks all yall!!

Blessings,
JoAnn

Vanessa
08-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Jo ann-that's great news to hear that they're both doing so well :)

God and peace,

TammyLS
08-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm very Glad to hear that Adam is doing so well, I can't imagine what you went through! I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I don't know Adam, how old is he? I was just wondering what he struggles with? It was mentioned above that he's had many surgeries in the past, causing adhesions and that you didn't know if this new thing would need to be added to the list? I hope no one minds these questions, Regardless, I'm very happy to hear that he is doing better, and hope that he continues to Improve! My prayers go out to him and his family.