PDA

View Full Version : Confused

n_s_simpson
07-09-2004, 06:28 AM
I asked to following question in another thread, which for some reason appears to have vanished (maybe someone can explain why that might be).

Anyway, I was asking the question...

When is the duet album with Garth and Trisha going to appear?
I heard that it was in the makings when she was on BBC Radio 2 (UK station) last year.

Anyone have an update?

Snow
07-09-2004, 09:45 AM
I explained it in the other thread which you've already found.

As for the duet album I dont think anyone knows. At first they were having problems getting their respective recording companies to come to agreement I think. I dont know if that was ever resolved, if it was it may have come after Garth already retired. He did mention once I think that if it were possible he might still do it after retirement as Trisha could be the one to tour and support it as he can't.

n_s_simpson
07-09-2004, 10:34 AM
aha I see. It was last year when she was on the radio talking about it (after he'd retired) so fingures crossed.

So why are you a moderator? Also why is there loads of popups and GAIN software attached with this site recently?

Also do you think Garth ever looks at this website and chats, etc?

Snow
07-09-2004, 11:50 AM
I've been a mod for a long while and there several of us. I was a regular member for a longtime before being asked to join the PG moderator team. Luckily we hardly ever have to make any edits or such as Garth fans are general a really cool lot to work with.

The popups and such are not part of PG due to anything that PG itself does. PG was given space on the Roughstock.com server and they control the banner ads which help to offset the cost of the server and such. The popups and such come from those banners. The creator of PG and the mods have no control over them. What most of us have done is to install popup blockers on our computers. These often come with security programs that you install on your computer... but you can also get free popup blockers that work really well from several sites on the internet. I use one that I downloaded from Yahoo for free and it works just fine.

As for Garth he says he's not really a computer person and doesn't participate, other than the couple of webchats he did when Chris Gaines and Double Live were coming out. He does know about PG quite well though and comments he makes suggests he keeps up with some things and so do his management people. He's said more than once that he appreciates the site. If you go to Garth's page at Capitol Records Nashville ( www.garthbrooks.com ) you'll see the words "official website" on the left of the page and if you click on it, it will bring you here. We're not really "official"... but that is actually a good thing though as it allows for more flexibility as a fan site instead of a artist owned one.

n_s_simpson
07-09-2004, 12:02 PM
thanks, you've cleared a few things up. I don't like popup blockers because I find they something block the wrong things.

Where are people on this forum generally from? Mainly the USA I guess.

Snow
07-09-2004, 12:08 PM
We have people from all over the US as well as a significant number from Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

Your complaint about popup blockers is exactly WHY I like the one from Yahoo.com . My security program has a popup blocker but it was too much trouble to go in and deactivate it when I needed to be able to see some kind of popups.

But the Yahoo popup blocker runs from a search toolbar at the top of the browser screen. When a popup is blocked you see a star and hear a little sound. If you want to see what it blocked, you just click on it and tell it to view that recent popup... and if you know you're going to a site that you'll need popups you can disable it with a single click. Works great.

n_s_simpson
07-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Sounds interesting. might try it. So your favourite song is standing outside the fire eh? The In Pieces Album was the first one I bought back in 93. Great album, think that was the only one to make an impact in the uk