PDA

View Full Version : Is It The Same Person Or Not

garthtacular
06-01-2004, 10:47 PM
One Of The Writers For The Song We Bury The Hatchet Goes By The Name Of Wade Kimes, Is This The Same Person Or Any Relation To The Person Royal Wade Kimes , The One Where Garth And Him Did A Wonderful Duet Togther Called Night Birds.

Paula
06-01-2004, 10:50 PM
That is one and the same person.

Paula

Rooster
06-01-2004, 11:07 PM
And for the winner we have..... :D

ProducerJ
06-01-2004, 11:33 PM
How interesting! I didn't realize that he just used Wade in the songwriter credits. His publicist always calls him Wade... when I interviewed him I didn't know what the heck to call him!

(I made the mistake of referring to Mary Chapin Carpenter as Mary one time... won't make that mistake again! :eek: From then on - if they have three names, I use them all! )

J.

Rooster
06-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Are you serious? She likes to be called by all three names?

ProducerJ
06-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Sorry, I was multi-tasking, that didnt' come out clearly.

She has to be called Mary Chapin. Not Mary. I got my ass jumped by her publicist at the time when I called her Mary. I had thought that Chapin Carpenter was a double last name kind of thing... this was years ago, when that was all the rage for women to do.

Anyway, it's hard to know...Lee Roy Parnell you wouldn't call Lee, but David, or David Lee for David Lee Murphy? It's David Lee. Daniel or Daniel Lee for Daniel Lee Martin? His wife calls him Danny. I think I've gotten by with calling him Daniel. At one point there were 2 girls out with similar 3 names I used to get all confused. Rebecca Lynn Howard was one of them, when they first tried to break her years ago, the other one didn't ever make it I don't hink.

Wow... sorry, I got way way way off topic.

No matter what you call him, Royal Wade is an incredibly cool guy with an amazing story to tell. He has a new album out too - Cowboy Cool.
J.

Rooster
06-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Don't forget Carolyn Dawn Johnson and Yankee Doodle Dandy.

ProducerJ
06-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Carolyn and Doodle, respectively.

;)
J.

sandis
06-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Sorry, I was multi-tasking, that didnt' come out clearly.

She has to be called Mary Chapin. Not Mary. I got my ass jumped by her publicist at the time when I called her Mary. I had thought that Chapin Carpenter was a double last name kind of thing... this was years ago, when that was all the rage for women to do.
J.

"Mary Chapin"? Yikes. Good thing I've never met her! (Although even if I had I doubt I would have used her name!! As usual, I would have probably been too dumbfounded to say anything. :D) I've always referred to her as "Chapin" with my friends, and I think I've even heard d.j.s, etc. refer to her like that in interviews? And even Trisha? Or wait--is that "Miss Trisha Yearwood"? ;)

Rooster
06-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Actually I think she has about 4 to 5 names..... The Lovely Miss Trisha Yearwood. :)

sandis
06-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Krystal:

:O :D :p

How could I ever forget?!