PDA

View Full Version : GB 14K Gold Pendant from the Garth Store/Believer

guitartown
05-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Hi all,
I don't have my copies of the Garth Store catalogue anymore and I need to find out how much I paid for the 14K Gold GB pendant (the one with lower-case 'gB' and 'GARTH BROOKS' struck horizontally across that 'gB' logo).
Would anyone be willing to pull out an old copy of the catalogue and find out how much they sold it for?
If you can do this for me, please post the price here or e-mail it to redeyeblues@eudoramail.com - I would appreciate it greatly!

:)

Thanks & take care,
G

Chris Gaines
06-01-2004, 04:48 AM
they was about $10.00 I believe.. as I have one myself I bought from GarthStore years and years ago... I do have a catalog but that was during his 96-98 tour which didn't have it in it.

Hope that helps.

guitartown
06-01-2004, 05:44 PM
they was about $10.00 I believe.. as I have one myself I bought from GarthStore years and years ago... I do have a catalog but that was during his 96-98 tour which didn't have it in it.

Hope that helps.

I have a vague memory of it being somewhere near/around $40 (American), and I went to a jeweller today to get it appraised. The lady weighed it and said they'd sell it in their store for $60 (Canadian - I am in Canada) and with the currency difference, $60 Canadian is very close to $40 American (which is roughly the value I remember it costing).

My memory could definitely be wrong, which is why I posted here.
PLEASE, if anyone has a catalogue, could you check and give me a definite answer?

Thanks.

Paula
06-01-2004, 10:01 PM
I have the same charm that I got in 1996. I can't find the catalog, though. I could find my 1997 and 1998 catalogs, but not the one from 1996. I'm sure it's here somewhere...just don't know where. I also checked my credit card bill from that period, but I must have paid for it with a traveler's check because it didn't show up on my bill. Knowing what a pack rat I am, I'm sure I still have the sales slip somewhere, but again, I don't have a clue where it is.

Paula

ProducerJ
06-01-2004, 10:34 PM
You have credit card bills from 1996?????

I can't find my Walmart receipt from this afternoon!!!!!

J.

guitartown
06-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I have the same charm that I got in 1996. I can't find the catalog, though. I could find my 1997 and 1998 catalogs, but not the one from 1996. I'm sure it's here somewhere...just don't know where. I also checked my credit card bill from that period, but I must have paid for it with a traveler's check because it didn't show up on my bill. Knowing what a pack rat I am, I'm sure I still have the sales slip somewhere, but again, I don't have a clue where it is.

Paula

Thanks for the effort!
I appreciate it so much.

redstrokes77
06-02-2004, 07:34 AM
I have one too but like Paula I can't find the receipt. I found every other one. I did get the small sterling silver charm when it was available and it was $32.00 US so I would imagine the gold would have been more. I'll try and keep looking.

deb

redstrokes77
06-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Okay I got the catalogues and my figures were off.

The 14K gold pendant was 28.00 US in 1995 and I checked my receipt and in Canadian dollars at the time it was around $40.00 Canadian. You have a better memory than me!

deb

guitartown
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Okay I got the catalogues and my figures were off.

The 14K gold pendant was 28.00 US in 1995 and I checked my receipt and in Canadian dollars at the time it was around $40.00 Canadian. You have a better memory than me!

deb

Thank-you Deb!

:)

Paula
06-02-2004, 09:09 PM
You have credit card bills from 1996?????

I can't find my Walmart receipt from this afternoon!!!!!

J.I guess I probably shouldn't tell you how far back they DO go.:p I'm an incurable pack rat...albeit an unorganized one.

Paula

sandis
06-02-2004, 10:13 PM
I guess I probably shouldn't tell you how far back they DO go.:p I'm an incurable pack rat...albeit an unorganized one.

Paula

Or are you just waiting to be audited?? :p Wow. I'm definitely impressed!!