PDA

View Full Version : Definately Different!

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
08-02-1999, 03:07 PM
Just saw the video to Lost In You on VH1...<BR>it was definately different...very deep and almost spooky seeing him look like that. <P>What did you think?? <P>MonicaN

jwade
08-02-1999, 03:12 PM
I saw it, too. All I can say is WOW!!! It's amazing what Hollywood can do with make-up and wigs!! I don't know what to think of the song, I was too stunned at Garth. Ummm, I mean Chris. Oops!!N

Garth2gal
08-02-1999, 03:12 PM
What did I think? Don't quit your day job Garth! Ok, ok....so that's a little harsh, but for me, this will take A LOT of getting used to. Because I am a huge Garth fan, I am trying to be supportive, but this is a lot to swallow all at once--lol! That's also the first I heard the song too, so bear with me. Definitely weird.... It's a big deal for Garth though, so I am rooting for him all the way. But, deep down, I want that lovable cowboy back!N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
08-02-1999, 03:16 PM
I agree, I want the <B>COWBOY</B>back! <P> :) <P>N

Paula
08-02-1999, 03:19 PM
I agree with Garth2gal. I am rooting for Garth, but this persona that he has taken on looks real spooky to me. I'm going to just have to repeat over and over...it's Garth, he's playing a character...<P>When I first heard the song a week or so ago, I had to listen to it a few times before it grew on me...now I really like it...maybe the look and the video will grow on me as well...<P>PaulaN

JulieLvsGB
08-02-1999, 03:23 PM
I posted in the PG forum also...I love the music, but the look is going to take some getting used to. Weird :(<P>I would like to see those tight Wranglers and cowboy hat back!! :)<P>JulieN

kristen166
08-02-1999, 03:25 PM
I loved the video, it is supposed to be differnt, I could see the G-MAN with all the make-up on, I can't wait for more videos. :)N

BigGfan4life
08-02-1999, 03:27 PM
I just posted about this in the Main Forum...I love the music but this look will take some getting used to! My mom watched it with me, and she kept repeating, "If this wasn't Garth I would have turned it off!" She's just spooked by the look :o But like Garth said, there is no acting involved in the music, it comes straight from the heart :)N

Jen19
08-02-1999, 03:40 PM
you guys said it for me.. this will take some getting used to but I just had a friend that is a non-garth fan call me and say that he liked the video that was good enought for me. <P> Can't wait to hear and see more !!N

RiotGB
08-02-1999, 03:45 PM
You guys have said it all. It's going to take some getting used to. He looks so "dark" and the video really didn't make much sense to me. I love Garth though, and i love the song. That was easier for me to deal with than actually seeing the video since i like some kinds of pop/rock music. The video though...whats the hidden meaning in there?<P>DawnN

Garth_FANtasizer
08-02-1999, 04:30 PM
It's so very hard for me to remain objective when it comes to Garth. I had to watch the video several times. The first 10 times I watched it, all I could do was try to push the hair out of his BEAUTIFUL eyes with my minds hand, so I could see my Garth. By the 11th time, I realized I couldn't and I stopped looking for Garth. This enabled me to watch and listen to the music without expectations. What happened then was an unbelievable experience. That dark mysterious character we know as Chris Gaines was singing to me with the passion and heart of Garth. Thats when I found what I was looking for.<BR>So Mr. Gaines...I'm in for the long haul!N

CaptMorgan
08-02-1999, 04:34 PM
The video and the look are different - 100%, completely, totally non-Garth in look, sound, and style. But I loved it! :)<P>Don't you all think that this look that Garth is portraying as CG is done purposely? As "different" as he looks, I do. <P>Think about it this way - there is NO way anybody can watch or listen to CG and ever mistake him for Garth. After all, isn't this the purpose behind the whole CG project? <P>Catch y'all around the next bend...N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
08-02-1999, 05:18 PM
Great Point Capt! I guess I never looked at it that way! But, I guess I still am not used to the look, as this type of look has never appealed to me. <P>I think I will go watch it again and again and again and look at it with open eyes instead of through "Rose Colored Glasses"! <P>I'll let ya'll know what happens! N

majmom
08-02-1999, 06:23 PM
<B>Garth-Fantasiser</B> -<P>Well Said!! I loved it - but sometimes I think because I am so new to Garth it's easier for me to accept Chris - perhaps because I don't have years of Garthxperience, memories, "FANtasies" - no real Garthistory ingrained in me yet - (except for the last two months) - that I don't have quite as big a hurdle to overcome as many of you do. Just a thought...<BR>but I loved your explanation of how you came to accept the video as "Chris" - awesome insight!<BR>I've posted elsewhere tonight my detailed feeling on the video - I really did love it and Chris...I'm sure y'all will run across it on the other threads...<P>Kerry N

hugeGBnutt
08-02-1999, 06:33 PM
I TOTALLY LOVVVED IT!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)<BR>i just saw it awhile ago since it is not even<BR>8:30pm yet(if you were wondering why i did not post earlier.)<P>aRiN

Cheryl
08-02-1999, 06:54 PM
I haven't seen it yet (no VH1 here) but from what I'm reading, I'm really excited! Sounds like the man did a great job of leaving Garth at home and getting into the role of Chris! I'll be watching Access Hollywood tomorrow in hopes of catching a glimpse!<P>N

Eternity4U
08-02-1999, 07:28 PM
Perhaps most from back east will love the old garth. But i know for a fact many out here in los angeles and surrounding states love the Chris gaines.<P>he is very grunge yet classy and mysterious in his look. If you were one to grow up on country music or rock with a country edge I can see where you may not like the new garth.<P>however having grown up on may musical styles and cultural music (myself)I see the VIDEO as beautiful!!!<P>his true self showed through.. it is not a matter of having blinders on and accepting only garth but take off the blinders and see some one whom is singing a song whom is named Chris Gaines. they are two different people AS GARTH SAID - but they both have MUSIC IN THEIR HEART - as Garth had said.<P><BR>He happens to love this type of music himself and it is a known fact he may gain many more main stream fans and loose many die hard country fans. but I am sure many will say ---will always love him for the man himself ( kind, generous, and charming) . he is after all an entertainer whom broke records as a country artist. and doing what he did in country as no other COUNTRY artist did, hanging off a rope, flying in air, falling into the crowds to surf, firing guns of confetti into crowds. Garth is a fine entertainer and we all listened carefully in the begining of his career and the many changes he made. <P>Let us allow him time, for some of you, may just need time( i hope) and you will see that this is garth raw talent just another side of him he wants to perform so...<P><BR>hope all enjoy the music , that is what it is all about. hope you learn to accept his change it is awsome and new,I know to some. But after all if not for change, we will never grow and learn of ourselves or others and live as ONE.<P>blessings diana elizabethN

Czy4GB77
08-02-1999, 09:57 PM
Well, I have been listening to the song for over a week now and listened to it and listened to it, and I love the song. It definitely grew on me! In fact I've been singing it for the last few days. What hasn't grown on me is the hair! I know this is bad, but I can't look at the whole Chris Gaines character without giggling. The picture on the cover that we have all seen is a little spooky, but the hair seems to look different. The hair in the video just isn't right. There seems to be something not right with it. Am I the only one that thinks this? Its too round or something... I have no clue, It just isn't right. Everytime I see it, it makes me want to knock him down and take a comb and some hair spray to it! :o <BR>ha ha ha but I do love the song, it is different but very good. I just wish I could get Garth ummm... Chris to take some tips on the hair! ;)<P>PaulaN

Eternity4U
08-03-1999, 04:49 AM
Paula i agree, he looks so cool on the leaflet of the cd however in the video it looked too tame to be hair of a rock star.<P>I ;think they flattened his hair too much huh, they need to add some gel and spike his hair up a bit in the front and bottom ends to have that just washed look<P>lol look at us paula hair tips from the gals giggleN

garthbrooksfanatic77
08-03-1999, 04:51 AM
I guess this will be a way to tell the difference between Garth and Chris, the video seems kind of pointless to me, and Garth said he would never make a no-brainer video. N

PJ
08-03-1999, 07:36 AM
I liked everything about Chris's look except his hair. I was envisioning it as being a bit shorter and cropped more to his head. It almost looks like a helmet. Maybe that's what they need to do to keep the Garth out of the image, but that was the only thing that bugged me about the video. I still LOVE the song!N

redstrokes77
08-03-1999, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen the video but from what I'm "hearing" Garth seems to have pulled this CG thing off. My take on the video is that Chris is so"Lost in You" that he doesn't notice what's going on around him. About the hair, since CG was in an accident and supposedly had plastic surgery maybe he's just trying to cover some scars. N

Pilgrim
08-03-1999, 11:54 AM
Yeah, you know what comes now :o [i9Still haven't seen the video[/i] :(<P>BrianN

Paula
08-03-1999, 02:34 PM
There was something niggling at me after I watched the video and I finally figured out what it was. Did the way Chris was posed at the beginning of the video (sitting down bare feet) remind you of someone? It reminded me of the cover of James Taylor's recent album <I>Hourglass</I>.<P>PaulaN

majmom
08-03-1999, 04:58 PM
Wow, <B>Paula</B> - you're right! I love that pic of JT!<BR>BTW - am I the only one that LIKED the hair???<BR>KerryN

Paula
08-03-1999, 05:30 PM
I'm with <B>Garth_FANtasizer</B> and <B>Czy4GB77</B> (my fellow Paula)...I just want to push the hair out of his face or take a comb to it. :)<P>Paula<BR>N

Eternity4U
08-03-1999, 05:51 PM
i am with you. the hair is perfect but it is a bit flat , i would like to run my hands through his hair to mess it up whoa giggleN

majmom
08-03-1999, 06:25 PM
I posted this elsewhere but it seems to fit here - <BR>I think the best thing about the hair is how it makes you focus on that lovely mouth...hmmmmmm...again - I'd better go before I get myself into trouble!<P>KerryN

Eternity4U
08-04-1999, 04:33 AM
Majmom you mean on thos pouty kissable lips whoa opps ok i better follow behind you now <BR>shhh lets sneak out ~~~~~<P>diana EN

majmom
08-04-1999, 12:09 PM
E4U - yup, them's the ones!!! &lt;weg&gt;<BR>KerryN

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-04-1999, 12:32 PM
I'm so glad that I heard the song before I saw the video!!! When I heard the song, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really, really liked it. But, this whole Chris Gaines thing is just too bizarre for me! My kids keep saying that he looks evil, and after some of the things that I have heard/read about the character (like him using 'the finger' on his first album cover, etc.), I am not excited about this at all! Like someone said earlier, <B>I WANT THE COWBOY BACK!!!</B><P>My thought, Garth (if you're listening), is that you could have done whatever you wanted to do, musically, without all of this Chris Gaines stuff, or any other 'alter ego'. If you wanted to 'go pop', then you should have just 'gone pop'. The music is great! As it always is! But, I'd rather see your beautiful face and those gorgeous baby blues.<P>Well, guess that's enough said.N