PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial or Official Garth website?

addicted2garth
05-09-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm sure I'm probably the last one to notice this, but I'll tell you my story anyway and you guys let me know what you know.

I had heard a while back that Garth was going to make PG his "official" website, and then I never heard anymore about it. When Garth was here in AZ for spring training, someone asked him about the charity and Garth asked him if he had the internet. The guy said yes, so Garth told him the charity was called Teammates for Kids, and the baseball part was Touchemall. So, he told the guy he could check it out by going to Touchemall.com or if he couldn't remember that, just go to GarthBrooks.com. So, when I came home that night, I went to Garthbrooks.com (since I didn't know that website existed). Last time I checked, it was some fan type website that wasn't very official looking at all. Anyway, I found it was an official looking website designed by Capitol Records and off to the left there was an option to click on that said "Official Garth Brooks website". When I clicked on it, it brought me here to the Planet. However, PG still says the "unofficial" website. So, what's the deal. Is PlanetGarth official???
I've been wondering about this since March, but just never got around to posting. I know you guys will know the answer. :)

Lori

Garthmedic
05-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi Lori..

PG is not an official site. Garth does not have an official site. However, Garth has mentioned his fondness of PG in public.. :) Capitol Records seems to think we are, but in all reality we are not. :)

Thanks for asking!

--spud--:)

Snow
05-10-2004, 12:47 AM
This is my "unofficial" opinion on the whole thing.

I think Garth has seen that by PG remaining "unofficial" it has much greater latitude in what can happen here than if it were under his umbrella. If it were to become part of the organization officially then it becomes a target of all kinds of things that a fan operated site isn't so much.

I do think though that PG is as an official Garth devoted site as there is ever going to be though.

fuzzwuzz
05-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Except for one thing. Garth doesn't come hang out with us anymore. But at least we are among family always. :)

Chris Gaines
05-11-2004, 11:46 AM
ROFL @ Deb's thoughts...

Garth won't have an official site ever... his reasoning .. why have pay for the headache, when fans will do it free. which is kinda a good truth as well.....

he also, retired, and is changing carreers from being in the forfront ... to the background, where you'll not hear his name so much, with his entertainment company.

So that's another reason why. He's really never been too fond of the net, from the getgo, really, I don't think it bothers him at all, like it would a majority or others, to not have a website.

fuzzwuzz
05-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Ok Jason, then let me ask you your thoughts on where we, the fans, fit in to Garth's going into the background. Now that he's busy with other things, just as important if not more, are we still very much in the picture in this venture as we were in Garth Brooks, country artist, or pushed into the background too? I assume that Garth is gonna make great strides in the film industry as he did with the other career. Are we gonna be a big part of this coming ride as well? I guess this question is directed more at "Garth and me". As in our own relationship with him being at stake. I take it he's handing us the reins now in his "absence" like Garth said the Chris Gaines fan was gonna have to do in the event of his death. And I take it that in his silence the music is gonna take over and win out?

Maybe I think too much, but I still feel pushed aside at times. And then I feel selfish for being that way. After all, I'm just a "fan", or "stranger" to Garth now. Or am I? I feel more than that. I feel like family first, not just a fan. It's the same with his people and my people. And I get very defensive of mine over his. Or when circumstances threaten to pull any of us apart. I've had to learn and let go, even of Garth. It sucks!!! But it's probably why I identify so much with "Why Ain't I Running". If I don't hold on so tight love will come running to me and never let go again.

Is any of this what some of you mean when you say you expect Garth to come back to us again? You see, for me, touring is the last thing I had on my mind, because it wasn't what let us keep him. It seems more like he was stolen and stole my heart with him.

Garthmedic
05-11-2004, 11:41 PM
I think the question has been asked and answered. We are swaying way off topic here, so let's just call it good and done. Thanks. :)

--spud--:)