PDA

View Full Version : April Fool

Paula
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Neil Haislop's column at gactv.com/ (formerly countrystars.com) started off with a few paragraphs that included Garth mentions -
BROOKS & DUNN…DONE!
Country Music's most successful duo has called it quits. After 12 years of non-stop success Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn are finished. The abrupt rupture came about recently when Kix confessed to Ronnie that when Tim DuBois said he wanted him to sign up as a duo with a singer-songwriter named "Dunn," Kix only took the deal because he thought it was Holly Dunn.

"That was just wrong," Ronnie exclaimed. He says the break up came after he shot back, "The only reason I took the deal with a singer-songwriter named Brooks, is I thought it was Garth!"

GARTH RECORDS NEW ALBUM FEATURING ALL-STAR BASEBALL PLAYERS
Garth Brooks has decided to return to making music with a new act called Garth and his Field of Dreams Band. "It all came about from my two main creative loves, music and big league baseball," Garth explains.

"In the quiet times between innings during spring training, I began to hear this fantastic rhythm of bats banging dirt from cleats, the lyric splat of tobacco juice against the left field fence, the crack of the bat and the groan of pain from a pulled hamstring as I chased down and missed a slow roller off third base, and it came to me…I can do this, find a bunch of musical baseball hall-of-famers and record the soundtrack of America's pastime."Paula

Rooster
04-05-2004, 09:38 AM
:D

Krystal