PDA

View Full Version : TV specials

shin_hibiki
03-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Think I'll give this one more shot. I'm looking for three older TV specials: Live from Texas Stadium, Tryin' to Rope the World, and VH1 Storytellers. If anyone happened to tape them way back when and could help me out, please LMK. Feel free to e-mail shin_hibiki@hotmail.com if you like. Thanks!

aarona
03-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Same here, I am looking for all of the above 3 as well. Contact me at aarona@u.arizona.edu Thanks!

jagnikhah
03-06-2004, 06:33 PM
I too am looking for those videos. Please contact me at jagnikhah@yahoo.com

ykonjackfan
03-07-2004, 05:14 AM
I have been trying for many years to replace my copy of "Tryin' to Rope the World", which was accidentally damaged about a year after I taped it. It is my all-time favorite Garth Brooks special and I watched it over and over. I advertised for this one about a year or more ago and someone wrote to me to say that they were going to make me a copy but I guess they got busy because I never received it. I will pay for shipping, blank tape, etc. and I will pay a reasonable fee for your trouble if someone here can make a copy for me. I have all of the other videos and I love them, but this one is the one I prize above all because it gives such a personal glimpse into the heart and mind of Garth. I have hoped for some time now that Capitol or someone would make that one available for purchase as I would definitely purchase multiple copies.

For those of you looking for "Live from Texas Stadium", are you talking about "This Is Garth Brooks II"? or am I forgetting one? I think I have pretty much all of his videos on tape so let me know for sure which one you are talking about and I will be glad to look through my stash for you.

As for the tape of Garth doing the SSB @ the Super Bowl, I did tape that but I admit that I haven't viewed it in quite some time and because it was just a brief segment, it was put on a tape that has several Garth-related t.v. blurbs on it. I used to tape just about every soundbite that I knew of on all of the country music news shows. So it would take me some time to go through everything, but more than likely, if I can find the time to look through them all, I can find you a copy of that one. If you don't get one from someone else, I would be glad to try to help you out.

Blessings,
ykonjackfan

AronP24
03-12-2004, 12:43 PM
I have a good copy of trying to rope the world I can make copies of...
Aron

Wsitarski
03-12-2004, 02:56 PM
I am also looking for those three specials if anyone can help I would appreciate it. E-mail me at gbfan7365@adelphia.net

ykonjackfan
03-14-2004, 04:34 AM
I have all of these (now you can see just how much I'm saying when I say that I would trade ALL of the rest of my collection if necessary to have a replacement copy of "Tryin' To Rope the World". I adore my video collection and I feel privileged to have it. But that one tape that got destroyed is the "baby" of the bunch.

Also, this is not a completel list. I'm still going through tapes. I know that I also have other interviews and I somewhere here I have things like the Super Bowl thing where he sang the SSB. So I'll update as I come across more. Most everything I have is on a tape that is properly labeled. But then there are those dozens of things that were taped in the midst of other tapes because Garth would unexpectedlty appear on the television screen and I didn't have time to plan. I just grabbed a tape and hit record. So a few of my things are hidden in between tapes of sitcoms, etc. Those are the ones that will take me a little while to find and to re-tape on a better tape that is labeled.
I am willing to share any of these. I'm not one of those "collectors" who likes to horde my GB stuff. I figure that the more people who have his stuff in their homes, the better. If making a copy of a tape I have will help reach more people with Garth's music, then I'm all for it. If I were wealthy, I'd make it all for free for everybody. I'm not able to do that, but I am not at all interested in making ANY profit whatsoever. The only thing I ask, is the same that I am willing to give. Just cost of blank tape, postage and if you want it, also insurance.

I've also got a massive collection of various magazines, books, etc. which means that I have a vast collection of GB pictures. Most of them are very, very nice. I also have bunch that I have saved over the years from the internet. I don't know for sure where all of them came from. If I run across one, I right click and save it. I don't ever mean to infringe upon copyrights. So I hope that doesn't upset anyone. I keep them for my own purposes. I don't make any profit off of them and I have no plans of copying anyone's website. I have a HUGE Steven Curtis Chapman website that takes up a lot of my time. But I have been sitting on the beginnings of a Garth site for quite awhile and if I ever decide to publish it, I will do my best to get photo permission from owners of the photos. Also, my site will not even remotely resemble anyone else's site. I have a very unique approach that I am pondering that would not compete with anyone else's site, but would also hopefully stand on it's own. If I complete it, it will be a labor of love and it won't be there for the purpose of garnering any praise or attention for myself as the webmaster.

Anyhow....the is the list I have so far if anyone needs copies of any of this. The only thing I have to remind you of is that several of the TNN COuntry Music News stories, which are really good, are on a tape that needs to be repaired by a professional because it jumps. I played it a LOT over the years. I'm going to get someone with high-dollar machine to get it to tape without jumping and then transfer it to DVD. Everything else works great.

1. Garth Channel 9 Special
2. Martina McBride Special
3. Live In Central Park
4. This Is Garth Brooks
5. This Is Garth Brooks Too
6. Garth Brooks To Ireland and Back
7. Garth Brooks on Oprah
8. Garth The Hits live calls taken from Dallas Stadium
9. Garth David Frost Interview
10. Garth on Fox Sports Thanksgiving Day Special
11. Garth Brooks VH1 Special
12. Garth the Videos
13. Garth Video Collection II
14. Garth Christmas Special
15. Garth on Jay Leno (Beaches of Cheyenne & interview)
16. Garth on TNN Country News discussing Fresh Horses right after it released
17. Garth TNN Country News celebrating “She’s Every Woman” going #1
18. Garth on Conan O’Brian December 1995
19. Garth on Crook & Chase
20. Tryin’ To Rope the World (partially ruined)
21. Spirit of Country ’96 (Oklahoma news station put together a year-end special with Oklahoma artists at the Grand Ole Opry as they arrived for the awards in Nashville)
22. Garth at Grand Ole Opry December 1995 performing and announcing pregnancy of Allie
23. Channel 6 News coverage of Garth’s Tulsa concerts at Driller Stadium
24. Garth Live on NBC
25. Archive of TNN’ Ralph Emery Show (Reba is host and Garth is just starting out and opening some shows for her)
26. Garth on CMA’s singing a medley of his hits as New Artist nominee
27. Another award show (not sure which) with Garth performing “That Summer” and winning awards including Entertainer of the Year!
28. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (Great behind-the-scenes coverage of Garth and Sandy)
29. Awards show performing medley of oldies by George Strait, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell Johnny Horton, Buck Owens and George Jones
30. 30th Annual ACM’s winning Video of the Year for “The Red Strokes” and presented to him by Trisha Yearwood. Also winning the Jim Reeves Memorial Award presented by good friend, Jay Leno. Cool, COOL moment watching Garth take it all in. TNN Country News covering Michael Bolton Charity baseball game for Georgia Counsel on Child Abuse
31. TNN Country News coverage of Australia, London, Ireland, New Zealand, concerts and him talking about the foreign press, etc.
32. TNN Country Music News coverage of Garth’s McDonald’s promotions
33. TNN Country Music News World Tour coverage
34. Music City Tonight December 1994 or 1995, not sure talking about commemorating “No Fences” Eleven Million in sales and really great interview about Garth in general
35. TNN Country Music News coverage of releasing “The Hits” Great tour footage and interview
36. TNN Country Music News coverage of Garth winning People’s Choice Award
37. TNN Country Music News coverage of “This Is Garth Brooks Too” done the night before the concert aired on television. Good interview footage with Garth and scenes from the concert
38. Garth Brooks CMT Special aired December 2003
39. TNN Country News coverage of Garth visiting EMI plant in Illinois thanking them for working so hard to get “The Hits” manufactured in record time by giving up their Thanksgiving and Christmas
40. Backstage at Grand Ole Opry with Bill Anderson & Martina McBride
41. Garth performing at the Grand Ole Opry
42. Channel 8 interview with Garth Brooks and being presented with Tulsa Drillers Baseball shirt, gear, etc.
43. Music City Tonight (Not sure of the date, but it was right before “The Hits” was placed into the vault and he was spending time at home with Sandy, Taylor and August. The Moffats also joined and sang the song that Garth and Pat Alger wrote called “When God Made You)
44. TNN Country Music News coverage of Garth sealing “The Hits” in a time capsule and also getting his star on the “Walk of Fame”
45. Music City Tonight discussing the birth of August, getting Augustana College sweatshirts, and discussing the T.V. Guide article that was so bogus.
46. Music City Tonight with Cal Smith, who gave his own award trophy (for Country Bumpkin) to Garth. Awesome episode.
47. Garth on Jay Leno performing “Ain’t Goin’ Down” with hilarious interview where Jay calls the Pancake Pantry, etc. This was right after Taylor’s first birthday and it was the night before “In Pieces” was to be released.
48. Garth on Leno singing with KISS (Hard Luck Woman)
49. Garth backstage at the Opry with Porter Wagoner Mother’s Day weekend and then the subsequent Opry performance
50. Garth speaking via satellite at Joe DiMaggio’s Lifetime Achievement ceremony
51. Garth on Jay Leno on the day that “The Chase” came out, performing “We Shall Be Free” and “The Thunder Rolls”. He shows the picture of Taylor that is larger than life. Totally great appearance!
52. Garth on “Good Morning America” 1992 after the Christmas album was released, discussing Taylor, Feed the Children, and possible retirement
53. Garth interview on the Vickie Lawrence Show (missed a tiny bit of it but got most of it) He talks about his love for shopping, among other things.
54. Channel 8 coverage of a special Christmas Eve wherein some people who were poor and without a car, were picked up on the road by Garth who saw them walking with a baby trying to get groceries home. He returned to their home a little while later and handed them the keys to a car that he bought for them. He never told the people who he was and it took them a little while to figure out that it was, in fact, him. That’s our Garth.
55. Garth Brooks inteview with Magic Johnson during Magic’s short-lived career as a television journalist. Good interview, though.
56. Crook & Chase doing their year-end recap of country music in the year 1993 which included many, many Garth-related things
57. Garth at the Opry performing “Much Too Young”, “What She’s Doin’ Now”
58. TNN Country Music News interviews during his European Tour in London (different from any of the ones listed previously) talking about the way the London Press disrespected him and country music
59. TNN Country Music News covering his David Frost interview, including a partial snippet of a song he has never recorded
60. Garth on one of the award shows performing “American Honkey Tonk Bar Association”
61. Channel 4 interview with Garth about his upcoming special and about his appearance on Saturday Night Live (short, but good)
62. Garth on Leno making fun of Leno complete with a joke video about Leno stealing Garth’s wallet. Garth doing the impression of Leno
63. Garth on Access Hollywood including shots of the cool helicopter that bears his name
64. Garth on 33rd Annual ACM’s where Trisha presented his honor for the New York concert (Special Achievement Award) and interview with Dick Clark, and comedy clip of ITNC. He also performed with Steve Wariner. Presented Pioneer award to Charlie Daniels and received Entertainer of the Year!
65. Garth Brooks Town Hall Live (VH1)
66. Garth Brooks Double Live Special

shin_hibiki
03-16-2004, 08:52 PM
AronP24, I'm interested in getting a copy of "Rope the World" from you. Please reply or e-mail shin_hibiki@hotmail.com. Thanks!

I have a good copy of trying to rope the world I can make copies of...
Aron

JayP4898
03-19-2004, 02:25 PM
I have all of these (now you can see just how much I'm saying when I say that I would trade ALL of the rest of my collection if necessary to have a replacement copy of "Tryin' To Rope the World". I adore my video collection and I feel privileged to have it. But that one tape that got destroyed is the "baby" of the bunch.

Also, this is not a completel list. I'm still going through tapes. I know that I also have other interviews and I somewhere here I have things like the Super Bowl thing where he sang the SSB. So I'll update as I come across more. Most everything I have is on a tape that is properly labeled. But then there are those dozens of things that were taped in the midst of other tapes because Garth would unexpectedlty appear on the television screen and I didn't have time to plan. I just grabbed a tape and hit record. So a few of my things are hidden in between tapes of sitcoms, etc. Those are the ones that will take me a little while to find and to re-tape on a better tape that is labeled.
I am willing to share any of these. I'm not one of those "collectors" who likes to horde my GB stuff. I figure that the more people who have his stuff in their homes, the better. If making a copy of a tape I have will help reach more people with Garth's music, then I'm all for it. If I were wealthy, I'd make it all for free for everybody. I'm not able to do that, but I am not at all interested in making ANY profit whatsoever. The only thing I ask, is the same that I am willing to give. Just cost of blank tape, postage and if you want it, also insurance.

I've also got a massive collection of various magazines, books, etc. which means that I have a vast collection of GB pictures. Most of them are very, very nice. I also have bunch that I have saved over the years from the internet. I don't know for sure where all of them came from. If I run across one, I right click and save it. I don't ever mean to infringe upon copyrights. So I hope that doesn't upset anyone. I keep them for my own purposes. I don't make any profit off of them and I have no plans of copying anyone's website. I have a HUGE Steven Curtis Chapman website that takes up a lot of my time. But I have been sitting on the beginnings of a Garth site for quite awhile and if I ever decide to publish it, I will do my best to get photo permission from owners of the photos. Also, my site will not even remotely resemble anyone else's site. I have a very unique approach that I am pondering that would not compete with anyone else's site, but would also hopefully stand on it's own. If I complete it, it will be a labor of love and it won't be there for the purpose of garnering any praise or attention for myself as the webmaster.

Anyhow....the is the list I have so far if anyone needs copies of any of this. The only thing I have to remind you of is that several of the TNN COuntry Music News stories, which are really good, are on a tape that needs to be repaired by a professional because it jumps. I played it a LOT over the years. I'm going to get someone with high-dollar machine to get it to tape without jumping and then transfer it to DVD. Everything else works great.

3. Live In Central Park
4. This Is Garth Brooks
7. Garth Brooks on Oprah
12. Garth the Videos
21. Spirit of Country ’96 (Oklahoma news station put together a year-end special with Oklahoma artists at the Grand Ole Opry as they arrived for the awards in Nashville)
22. Garth at Grand Ole Opry December 1995 performing and announcing pregnancy of Allie
24. Garth Live on NBC
25. Archive of TNN’ Ralph Emery Show (Reba is host and Garth is just starting out and opening some shows for her)
27. Another award show (not sure which) with Garth performing “That Summer” and winning awards including Entertainer of the Year!
28. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (Great behind-the-scenes coverage of Garth and Sandy)
29. Awards show performing medley of oldies by George Strait, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell Johnny Horton, Buck Owens and George Jones
30. 30th Annual ACM’s winning Video of the Year for “The Red Strokes” and presented to him by Trisha Yearwood. Also winning the Jim Reeves Memorial Award presented by good friend, Jay Leno. Cool, COOL moment watching Garth take it all in. TNN Country News covering Michael Bolton Charity baseball game for Georgia Counsel on Child Abuse
31. TNN Country News coverage of Australia, London, Ireland, New Zealand, concerts and him talking about the foreign press, etc.
34. Music City Tonight December 1994 or 1995, not sure talking about commemorating “No Fences” Eleven Million in sales and really great interview about Garth in general
35. TNN Country Music News coverage of releasing “The Hits” Great tour footage and interview
37. TNN Country Music News coverage of “This Is Garth Brooks Too” done the night before the concert aired on television. Good interview footage with Garth and scenes from the concert
39. TNN Country News coverage of Garth visiting EMI plant in Illinois thanking them for working so hard to get “The Hits” manufactured in record time by giving up their Thanksgiving and Christmas
42. Channel 8 interview with Garth Brooks and being presented with Tulsa Drillers Baseball shirt, gear, etc.
43. Music City Tonight (Not sure of the date, but it was right before “The Hits” was placed into the vault and he was spending time at home with Sandy, Taylor and August. The Moffats also joined and sang the song that Garth and Pat Alger wrote called “When God Made You)
44. TNN Country Music News coverage of Garth sealing “The Hits” in a time capsule and also getting his star on the “Walk of Fame”
45. Music City Tonight discussing the birth of August, getting Augustana College sweatshirts, and discussing the T.V. Guide article that was so bogus.
46. Music City Tonight with Cal Smith, who gave his own award trophy (for Country Bumpkin) to Garth. Awesome episode.
47. Garth on Jay Leno performing “Ain’t Goin’ Down” with hilarious interview where Jay calls the Pancake Pantry, etc. This was right after Taylor’s first birthday and it was the night before “In Pieces” was to be released.
49. Garth backstage at the Opry with Porter Wagoner Mother’s Day weekend and then the subsequent Opry performance
50. Garth speaking via satellite at Joe DiMaggio’s Lifetime Achievement ceremony
51. Garth on Jay Leno on the day that “The Chase” came out, performing “We Shall Be Free” and “The Thunder Rolls”. He shows the picture of Taylor that is larger than life. Totally great appearance!
52. Garth on “Good Morning America” 1992 after the Christmas album was released, discussing Taylor, Feed the Children, and possible retirement
53. Garth interview on the Vickie Lawrence Show (missed a tiny bit of it but got most of it) He talks about his love for shopping, among other things.
54. Channel 8 coverage of a special Christmas Eve wherein some people who were poor and without a car, were picked up on the road by Garth who saw them walking with a baby trying to get groceries home. He returned to their home a little while later and handed them the keys to a car that he bought for them. He never told the people who he was and it took them a little while to figure out that it was, in fact, him. That’s our Garth.
55. Garth Brooks inteview with Magic Johnson during Magic’s short-lived career as a television journalist. Good interview, though.
56. Crook & Chase doing their year-end recap of country music in the year 1993 which included many, many Garth-related things
58. TNN Country Music News interviews during his European Tour in London (different from any of the ones listed previously) talking about the way the London Press disrespected him and country music
59. TNN Country Music News covering his David Frost interview, including a partial snippet of a song he has never recorded
60. Garth on one of the award shows performing “American Honkey Tonk Bar Association”
61. Channel 4 interview with Garth about his upcoming special and about his appearance on Saturday Night Live (short, but good)
62. Garth on Leno making fun of Leno complete with a joke video about Leno stealing Garth’s wallet. Garth doing the impression of Leno
63. Garth on Access Hollywood including shots of the cool helicopter that bears his name
64. Garth on 33rd Annual ACM’s where Trisha presented his honor for the New York concert (Special Achievement Award) and interview with Dick Clark, and comedy clip of ITNC. He also performed with Steve Wariner. Presented Pioneer award to Charlie Daniels and received Entertainer of the Year!

Can you make me a copy of This is Garth Brooks II? E-mail me at jasi4898@hotmail.com, to discuss costs, etc. Thanks!

gbaby77
03-22-2004, 06:32 PM

3. Live In Central Park
4. This Is Garth Brooks
7. Garth Brooks on Oprah
12. Garth the Videos
24. Garth Live on NBC
I would love to get copies of a few of these, specifically Texas Stadium. Please email me at britt@billygilman.net

ykonjackfan
03-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Some of you who sent blank tapes to me and pre-paid envelopes will be receiving your tapes before the end of the week. I made them tonight and they will go out in the mail sometime tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that.

Kelby

dee42
04-01-2004, 01:43 PM
I would love to have a copy of "Ireland and Back." Please email me at ddotcom@comcast.net

Thanks!

GBJT23
09-23-2004, 07:15 PM
I've never heard of the "Ropin the World" special but it sounds like its really cool...could anyone fill me in on what it is. thanks

vegitoth
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
I have been trying for many years to replace my copy of "Tryin' to Rope the World", which was accidentally damaged about a year after I taped it. It is my all-time favorite Garth Brooks special and I watched it over and over. I advertised for this one about a year or more ago and someone wrote to me to say that they were going to make me a copy but I guess they got busy because I never received it. I will pay for shipping, blank tape, etc. and I will pay a reasonable fee for your trouble if someone here can make a copy for me. I have all of the other videos and I love them, but this one is the one I prize above all because it gives such a personal glimpse into the heart and mind of Garth. I have hoped for some time now that Capitol or someone would make that one available for purchase as I would definitely purchase multiple copies.

For those of you looking for "Live from Texas Stadium", are you talking about "This Is Garth Brooks II"? or am I forgetting one? I think I have pretty much all of his videos on tape so let me know for sure which one you are talking about and I will be glad to look through my stash for you.

As for the tape of Garth doing the SSB @ the Super Bowl, I did tape that but I admit that I haven't viewed it in quite some time and because it was just a brief segment, it was put on a tape that has several Garth-related t.v. blurbs on it. I used to tape just about every soundbite that I knew of on all of the country music news shows. So it would take me some time to go through everything, but more than likely, if I can find the time to look through them all, I can find you a copy of that one. If you don't get one from someone else, I would be glad to try to help you out.

Blessings,
ykonjackfan

If I remember correctly Garth did another concert special for the Texas Stadium probably to promote his greatest hits album

PJ
10-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I've never heard of the "Ropin the World" special but it sounds like its really cool...could anyone fill me in on what it is. thanks

Tryin' to Rope the World was a TV special taken from Garth's European Tour (94 I think). It shows a lot of behind the scenes footage from the tour and a lot of the sites in the different cities, but it doens't include many full concert songs. It has a lot of shots with Garth saying "Hello (insert city/country here)!".

jeffreyjrodgers
12-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I would do anything to have a copy of his 2nd nbc special (the one where he had on a black shirt with an orange flame. if you have a coppy of that please let me know what i need to get it from you (i don't care if it has commercial or what it cost, you name it)! i have been searching for days. i even call nbc, and this is the first time i have seen the light at the end of the tunnel! my email is jeffreyjrodgers@hotmail.com thank you once again

3. Live In Central Park
4. This Is Garth Brooks
7. Garth Brooks on Oprah
12. Garth the Videos
24. Garth Live on NBC

b a blankenship
08-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I would love copies of any videos you have. I will pay. Please e-mail me: b.a.blankenship@mindspring.com.