PDA

View Full Version : country stars

jagnikhah
01-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Here is the first news story listed on www.countrystars.com its not too nice about garth

GARTH ON COMEBACK TRAIL?
A bunch of rumors and speculation cropped up last week that Garth Brooks might be jumping on the comeback trail after Elvis Presley replaced Garth as the biggest selling solo artist in America (Presley's sales now certified for 117.5 million over Brooks' 105 million). But, according to a quick check with Garth's label, some folks close to him and others inside Nashville, there is no indication that Garth is working on a comeback of any kind, much less one huge enough that it could overtake Presley's sales mark.
Capitol Nashville says, "We've heard nothing about any Brooks' comeback." Plus, in December we checked in with Garth's film company and they told us at that time that he is concentrating on the film business and living close by his children in Oklahoma. There seems to be no change in Brooks' documented lifestyle of working hard on writing and producing movies and living in Oklahoma. So, for now, the rumors are unfounded, but one insider offered that, even though Garth might not ever eclipse Elvis even if he tried, "He's demonstrated that he has an ego big enough that you can't count a comeback out completely!"

turch
01-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Well maybe that article will have more people going out to by his cd's. It was good for a laugh.

Gwen

fuzzwuzz
01-21-2004, 07:03 PM
I guess the wonder and specualtion will always be there as long as these things keep coming up in the music business race. I for one can't wait to see what Garth can do with film making!!! From the start his heart has been there too. Should be an interesting ride. I'm glad I'm here for him finally, for he was there for me all those years and I never knew!