PDA

View Full Version : To Garth

Rooster
01-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Click here (http://home.grandecom.net/~rooster911/TheDance.wmv)

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said... but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Krystal

p.s. Sorry, guys... I couldn't post the whole thing... I only have 5 mgs of space... hell... I'm just hoping this works. ;) crossing fingers...

Cheryl
01-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks Krystal! It worked perfectly. :applause:

Ahhhhh.....sweet memories. :)
On the other hand, makes me sad at the same time.

Garth_FANtasizer
01-18-2004, 06:35 AM
Thank you, Crystal!

That really tugs at the heart.

You know, I was in total denial about his retirement. I didn't want to believe it. When Garth was doing these last concerts, I really needed the last song to be "The Dance" to make my peace with his leaving us. When it was all over, I played this footage again and again, crying my eyes out until I finally made my peace with it.

It took a long time to get to the point where I could listen to his music without feeling so sad. I started letting my heart feel the joy of it again.

Watching the clip just now brought back that moment, but now I can see "The Dance" the way it was meant -- I could've missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss the dance.

~Ann~

wmcinnis
01-18-2004, 09:56 AM
It took a long time to get to the point where I could listen to his music without feeling so sad. I started letting my heart feel the joy of it again.

It took me a long time too Ann and I still have my moments, but I just think about what he's doing to replace the music and it brings a smile to my face:)

That was beautiful Krystal, thanks for that:)
-Susan-

Garth_FANtasizer
01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Sorry, Krystal... I spelled your name with a C instead of a K.

~Ann~

Rooster
01-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Sorry, Krystal... I spelled your name with a C instead of a K.;)

This may sound strange... but what you said Ann, about being in denial about his retirement... that's one of the reasons why I'm almost glad that I became a fan after he retired. I didn't really have to go through that pain of being a fan for years and having to witness him hanging up the hat. But Amen to what you said, Susan, because that's the only thing that brings joy to the situation.

Cheryl... two words... bitter sweet... :)

Krystal ;) :D

Garthmedic
01-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Great work, Krystal...

--spud--:)

Vanessa
01-18-2004, 02:45 PM
great words Krystal :D

It hurt me like heck to hear Garth was retiring.. but Ive come to accept that whatever makes him happy- be it watching his kids play soccer or just relaxing on a sunday afternoon that's cool.. but we all miss him.. but we'll have music and memories :)

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

SCDillo
01-20-2004, 03:24 AM
I am a guy and it makes me sad. I followed Garth from 1990 and then all the way through... I have never had another artist where I simply had everything, or knew every song. No other artist gives me the feelings, or helps me recover when I am down. Garth has made me shed tears, tears of joy, tears of sadness. I still have such a hard time with his retirement, but I have sooo many songs... I have seen him 3 times in concert twice during the world tour. I even still have Chris Gaines which I just cant get into much, but, Its there for when I get deparate. ;) Liek the others of you, the only thing I feel happpy about is hopeing that the retirement has made him happy. From all that I have seen ank learned and heard from Garth over all that time. He will be back. Someday.... Untill then, he has given us so many gifts. I have always wished there was a way I could give him back something as meaningful as his music has been to me. tHE ONLY THING i CAN OFFER IS MY SUPPORT IN HIS HAPPINESS AND RETIREMENT.... It was one hell of a ride....

Trishasgirl2006
01-23-2004, 10:21 AM
This hurts to watch. I became a Garth fan not more that two weeks before he came on Crook & Chase to announce he was retiring. I was watching that show that particular day because I was sick or something. I was really getting into his music and stuff so it came as quite a shock to me to hear him say that. I went running in by my mom and I was crying all over the place. I hated him after that for about a year. When his album came out I went nuts. I didn't want to hear it or see it or anything. Finally one day a friend of mine made me sit down and listen to one of his older Garth cds with him while I was lying on the floor in the practice room 'cause he was using the piano. I got all caught up in the music when The Dance came on and I cried like a baby. I felt so stupid but I couldn't help but cry. After that I slowly started to warm back up to his music and stuff. Now the majority of what I listen to is Garth and/or Trisha. I just can't seem to get enough of it. Everyone thinks I'm nuts for caring about who in their minds "abandoned" his fans. I usually get really worked up when they start saying that. I usually start defending him and say he didn't abandon his fans. He has kids and they come first. As bad as it hurts the rest of us we know he's doing what he needs to do.

Wow, I just realized how long this was. Sorry I didn't mean to carry on like that. This is the first time I've really talked about any of that so that's probably why.

TALIYESSI,
K8e

RebelWolf
01-25-2004, 12:04 AM
I love Garth Brooks. It really sucks that he retired, hopefully he will come back. Infact im listen to him rite now. Hes a great singer and was rated i think 9th on CMTs 50 greatest singers. It would be so0o0o great if i could meet him. I never got to go to any of his concerts and now its to late :(

*Garth your one of the greats, ride on*
~KaT :)

iceman
02-03-2004, 03:04 PM
That says it all! Thanks Krystal!!!

Rooster
02-03-2004, 03:37 PM
To everyone... you're welcome! :)

Krystal

fuzzwuzz
02-03-2004, 11:13 PM
I was actually relieved Garth was retiring. As a new fan I could never hope to catch up to the frenzy that seems to surround the man and his fans. I literally couldn't keep up! Besides, I'm having more fun with music than I ever had in my life because of Chris Gaines. Now, THIS kind of frenzy I can take! "I like it! I love it! I want some more of it!!!!" :)

Rooster
02-04-2004, 08:43 AM
As a new fan I could never hope to catch up to the frenzy that seems to surround the man and his fans. I literally couldn't keep up!I know exactly what you mean, Dale. I'm still trying to catch up! :)

fuzzwuzz
02-04-2004, 10:09 PM
I guess you really do know what I mean Krystal? Having come to Garth so late in the game? Are you pre-CG or post-CG?

sandis
02-05-2004, 12:25 AM
I know exactly what you mean, Dale. I'm still trying to catch up! :)

I can kind of see what you both are talking about...but my gosh...to not have been able to experience one of his concerts (I'm guessing)...wow. It is a frenzy, and it's even "worse" :) live, but it's so wonderful.

I had become a reluctant fan of country music in 1990 (yes, I remember the date and everything!), first through Reba, but then through Garth, and then Trisha--not even knowing the connection they shared. How ironic. I think what made it ok for me when he "retired" was knowing how important his family was to him (I also lost my father to throat cancer, 10yrs ago), wanting to raise his girls, and then ultimately the change in his relationship with Trisha. I'm just glad that he's happy with himself and "who he is", and we still have over 10 years of music and memories, if nothing else! :)

Sandi

Rooster
02-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Dale, I'm post everything! :D Not only am I still trying to catch up on Garth, I'm trying to catch up on country music itself. I'm finding joy in some other artists and it just feels good to feel passionate about music again.

I'm just glad that he's happy with himself and "who he is", and we still have over 10 years of music and memories, if nothing else!Me too, Sandi! :)

Krystal