PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Predators Make TFK Donation

ProducerJ
01-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I was so excited last night at our home game vs. St. Louis. (And not just because we won!) At one of the intermissions, the Predators Foundation (the charitable arm of the team) was making a check presentation from the bandstage. You know, where the execs and the mascot gather around a gigantic cardboard check that they are giving to charity.

Well that's something they do a couple of times a month, and I wasn't paying that much attention when it started, I just punched up the first camera, yada yada, yada, when all of a sudden I noticed - HEY that logo on the check looks familiar!

Sure enough it was a donation to Teammates For Kids on behalf of the three Teammates on the Predators. They did a nice long read (meant to save the script and I forgot) about TFK and how players raise money by donating a set amount per goal, assist, etc.

The check was for $5,200 :) And as well as the team has been playing lately, I bet the second half of the season they do even better!

That was my RGM for the night. :)

J.

Garthfan92
01-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Cool, Joyce! I can't wait to see what TFK can accomplish when they get all the major sports on board!

Lisa

BLL
01-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Very Cool! I think this is one of the neatest ways a foundation can raise money for children; only Garth would find a way to meld his love of children and sports into something this worthwhile.

Monica Lockhart
01-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Very Cool J!!

Moni

Rooster
01-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Rock on, Joyce! :cool:

Krystal

Jen19
01-16-2004, 11:24 AM
go preds.. that is fantastic..

JEN

PRINWOO
01-16-2004, 01:54 PM
That's very Cool, why won't the Blues do that?

Joyce- Thanks, for mentioning that you beat us, oh wait, everyone is beating us right now.

Jess

Chris Gaines
01-16-2004, 03:40 PM
ya think that's cool.. ya'll watch the news this weekend ;)
hehe

Harriet
01-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Joyce, that was cool that you got to see that presentation... Go Preds!

Jason, how come you always do that?
It's got to have something to do with the annual T4K shindig at The Venetian this weekend, I've figured out that much...

Harriet

ProducerJ
01-16-2004, 11:49 PM
JESSICA ! ! ! ! !

OMG I have missed you! I know the staff trip was that game, if you were here and didn't tell me, I'll come kick your butt!

I don't want to hear your complaining about everyone beating you - you're still ahead of us in the standings!
J.

Chris Gaines
01-17-2004, 12:24 AM
You'll love where Garth is today :D

*runs*

sandis
01-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Tell us!!!! Pretty please!!!!!!

GBronx
01-17-2004, 07:31 AM
Sure enough it was a donation to Teammates For Kids on behalf of the three Teammates on the Predators. They did a nice long read (meant to save the script and I forgot) about TFK and how players raise money by donating a set amount per goal, assist, etc.

The check was for $5,200 :) And as well as the team has been playing lately, I bet the second half of the season they do even better!

That was my RGM for the night. :)

J.

It's always good to hear about T4K!! Thanks Joyce!!
I hope all who will be in Vegas this weekend will have a blast!!

Grandma Jo@nn

Chris Gaines
01-17-2004, 10:12 AM
I hope all who will be in Vegas this weekend will have a blast!!

Grandma Jo@nn
Give grandma a cookie and a star :)

Happy Vegasin' Garth :D
*giggle*

sandis
01-17-2004, 01:28 PM
You guys are too much. :)

Garth in Vegas... I wonder if he'll pay a visit to the Little White Wedding Chapel?? :D

GBronx
01-18-2004, 10:11 PM
You guys are too much. :)

Garth in Vegas... I wonder if he'll pay a visit to the Little White Wedding Chapel?? :D

I'm thinking it's about time for a Touch 'Em all shindig!!!

Right Jason? :P

Grandma Jo@nn