PDA

View Full Version : ticket prices

cissie
12-20-2003, 01:58 AM
can anyone tell me the highest prices garth ever charged for his concert tickets. i know sometimes scalpers get hold of the tickets and sell them for outragous prices but i also know that garth was known for keeping his ticket prices cheap so his fans could afford to see him in concert. so can anyone tell me what the most was that garth ever charged for a ticket.

Monica Lockhart
12-20-2003, 02:13 AM
can anyone tell me the highest prices garth ever charged for his concert tickets. i know sometimes scalpers get hold of the tickets and sell them for outragous prices but i also know that garth was known for keeping his ticket prices cheap so his fans could afford to see him in concert. so can anyone tell me what the most was that garth ever charged for a ticket.

I don't know for certain, but I know I never paid more than 25.00 with service charges for a Garth concert.

Here's an excerpt from a Chat that Garth did when the Chris Gaines Album was released. He talks about ticket prices here:

guest-Mysticsky says: I think you are an amazing entertainer. My problem is that I have tried a number of times to go to your concert, but they jack the price of the tickets up to where I can't afford it. Can you do something about regulating the price for people who can't afford it otherwise?

GarthBrooks: If you are talking about scalpers, I think it might be truly one of the last justifications for capital punishment. ;-) Our ticket prices are always hopefully between $17.95 and $19.95, before state taxes or ticket agency fees. To get a letter saying "I would love to see your live show, but I couldn't afford it" is probably one of the hardest letters to get. But the real reason we try to keep our ticket prices so low, is because I've seen the show.

You can read the entire chat here:

http://www.planetgarth.com/news/article.php?cid=969

Hope that helps :)

Moni

Garthmedic
12-20-2003, 02:18 AM
Ticket prices to the 2001 LA Coast 2 Coast concert were $22.00 plus service charges.

--spud--:)

cissie
12-20-2003, 02:46 AM
oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you both so much!!!!!!!!!!! you have no idea how helpful you have both been..i truly appreciate this.

CountryBee
12-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Garth did a few benefit or special concerts, or appearances where the promoters, or the charity, charged more for tickets. I paid $75 each for tickets to see him at the Hollywood Bowl when he was inducted into their "Hall of Fame". I paid over $100 for a pair of tickets to his "Coast to Coast Live" concert at the L. A. Forum. I wasn't lucky enough to get through to Ticketmaster in time to buy my tickets at face value. I had to get them through an eBay auction. Of course, I feel that those prices were worth being able to attend both of the events. I would have paid a lot more (and gotten better seats!) if I could have afforded it.

fuzzwuzz
12-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I never got to see Garth in concert except when he sang "We Shall Be Free" in Philly for the reading of the Declaration. Remember that? Mel Gibson was there too!

cissie
12-20-2003, 08:23 PM
I never got to see Garth in concert except when he sang "We Shall Be Free" in Philly for the reading of the Declaration. Remember that? Mel Gibson was there too!

oh my god, yes i do remember that. i actually have that performance on tape and i totally loved it. glad you got to see it live.i never got to see him in concert either but always was and always will be a huge fan.

ProducerJ
12-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Welcome to the Planet Cissie!

J.

cissie
12-21-2003, 02:13 AM
Welcome to the Planet Cissie!

J.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!! HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!