PDA

View Full Version : garth in the public eye vs. the fans..

Vanessa
11-18-2003, 01:41 AM
this may seem like a strange question, but I hope at least one person understand my question..

do you think that in past interviews, press conferences etc.. while garth has been in the public eye(talking about his divorce (an example) etc) that that has changed how we (the fans) veiw garth? as opposed to when Garth would talk to a fan face to face about a serious subject.. retirement etc..

does that make sense? I hope so.. thanks :)

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

ProducerJ
11-18-2003, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure I understand you correctly Vanessa, but I think that what Garth says in public makes up the major perception of how fans - and non-fans - perceive Garth. Most aren't lucky enough to have a serious conversation with him one on one.

I know there was at least one big issue where what he said in an interview completely went against what he had told me privately. But I think anyone has to be guarded when saying something that is going to get quoted, re-quoted, and mis-quoted, and everyone from your wife to your parents to your doctor are going to read.

I think most people go through that to some degree. You may tell your buddies about your (not YOURs, but the hypothetical "you") wild nights out drinking, but you would tell your mom you stayed home and drank coke and when your doctor asks if you drink you say "every once in a while.

Let me use Troy Gentry as an example. :D

Me to Moni - OMG have you seen Eddie and Troy's new video? Troy looks HOT!

Me in a column - My favorite Kentucky boys have a new video out and they're looking good!

Me to Sony - We've bumped up the spins on "Hell Yeah," it's going to be Top 10 this week."

Me to Gary - Montgomery Gentry? Oh they're ok. One of them is John Michael's brother, right?

Hope that was what you were looking for Vanessa. if not, I just gave out WAY too much information, LOL

J.

Vanessa
11-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks joyce for the laugh at 8:30am ;) Sorry if I wasn't c;ear in my quesrion, but thanks for clarifying it for me and you!

Too much info isn't a bad thing!

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

Rooster
11-18-2003, 09:54 AM
:O

Cute, Joyce... cute.

Krystal

Garthfan92
11-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Actually, Joyce, I think that's a great example you gave! Everyone does it. We talk to different people a little differently, depending on the situation. Celebrities are no different.

Lisa

OKGARTHFAN
11-20-2003, 05:31 PM
You may tell your buddies about your wild nights out drinking, but you would tell your mom you stayed home and drank coke and when your doctor asks if you drink you say "every once in a while.J.

I don't think I can count how many times I told Mom that :eek:

I didn't think she knew, but oh did she know #-o

It took me a while to understand the question fully, but once I read Joyce's reply I understood and think she hit the nail on the head.

Chris ;)

Jeanne CG Luver
11-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Every One has essentially two lives, their inner life and their outer life. Some intertwine and some are not known even to one another, some persons are blessed with more and some are cursed that way. Garth Brooks as a man, a private man, is not fully percieved by the fans and the image of Garth Brooks, the public man, with which they are familiar.

Mary

ProducerJ
11-20-2003, 06:19 PM
oops... Mary I just replied to a post you made in another forum that you signed "Jeanne."

Which would you prefer to be called?
J. <-- Joyce

OKGARTHFAN
11-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Every One has essentially two lives, their inner life and their outer life. Some intertwine and some are not known even to one another, some persons are blessed with more and some are cursed that way. Garth Brooks as a man, a private man, is not fully percieved by the fans and the image of Garth Brooks, the public man, with which they are familiar.

Mary

Good way of putting it. :)

Chris ;)

Wendi5000
11-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I like that way of putting it too :)

Jeanne CG Luver
11-21-2003, 12:20 AM
oops... Mary I just replied to a post you made in another forum that you signed "Jeanne."

Which would you prefer to be called?
J. <-- Joyce

Oh dear... I'm not doing a very pleasent job of introducing myself or should I say myselves. My therapist has all of "us" keep a journal and that is how "we" function as one in life. My post in the welcome section goes into a a wee bit more detail as to my situation of mental illness and MPD, but it is something barely understood by proffessionals and most muddling to those of us living with it. Certain things seem to "trigger" the occurence of me various "selves" and though in most situations after enough years on this Earth I've learned what those instances are, there are times that I am uncertain "who" is really in command. One body, four lives, essentially. I apologize for any confusion the signing of the "wrong" name may cause. The subject matter may be influencing my subconcious recognition of self, eh, I fear I am not explaining this well.

OHMichelle
11-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Me to Moni - OMG have you seen Eddie and Troy's new video? Troy looks HOT!

If THAT isn't the understatement of the year, I do NOT know what is. T-roy is HOT.

ProducerJ
11-21-2003, 01:44 AM
AMEN sister Michelle!

:D