PDA

View Full Version : Mark Wills New Album (10/21/03)

GottaB-GB
10-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Okay, it's that time again...........a new Mark Wills CD on the way in just two weeks.

Of course everyones heard and the crowd goes wild so I won't bother with that track. I still haven't forgiven Mercury for dropping the ball with Loving Every Minute which I still think is Mark's most solid album from cover to cover.

My favorite ballad on the new CD is a song called "I just close my eyes". This is such a beautiful song.

I also like "singer in a band".....it's one of those heart string songs....talks about how he sits center stage, but in the things that matter most he's just sitting on the isle....and how when you go looking for heroes he's just a singer in a band. Pretty kewl stuff.

"What hurts the most" is a very powerful ballad much like "When You think of me"...."what hurts the most, was being so close, having so much to say, and watching you walk away".....who hasn't been there lol.

"That's a Woman" reminds me a little of "She's Every Woman" not in style but in what it says. "She can move mountains with those tender hands....she makes a King out of a common man".....how can ya not melt over that one? lol

I kinda like "what she sees in me" cuz it reminds me of something a friend of mine says to me a lot.

I like the Ronnie Milsap duet "Prisoner of the Highway" cuz it talks about not sleeping all night cuz ya gotta get to Tulsa in the morning....hmmmm, gee.....been there done that lol.

He's a Cowboy is kewl too, typical cowboy song.

some of the rest hasn't quite grown on me...maybe they're just not my style but over all it's a kewl album.

1. And The Crowd Goes Wild
2. He's A Cowboy
3. That's A Woman
4. Prisoner Of The Highway (w/ Ronnie Milsap)
5. What Hurts The Most
6. What She Sees In Me
7. Married In Mexico
8. Suntan
9. How Bad Do You Want It
10. I Just Close My Eyes
11. Singer In A Band

hope ya'll like it! Let's hope Mercury does a better job with this one so people don't recut all the songs one at a time and stealing hits Mark should have had if Mercury didn't drop the ball.

Shelley

wmcinnis
10-13-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the review Shelley:)
I really like Mark and really looking forward to this one!
-Susan-

GottaB-GB
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Well the CD comes out today. I am excited for Mark though I have to say again I am not sure I love it as much as Loving Every Minute, but I LOVE about 80% of it lol

Now that I've had more time to listen.....I think Singer in a Band, He's a Cowboy, Crowd Goes Wild, and That's a Woman are my top 4 picks on the album.

For those who get it I am curious what your favorites are, so please share with us??

Shelley

ProducerJ
10-21-2003, 09:47 AM
He's a Cowboy
Singer in a Band (yes I bawled when I heard it!)
How Bad Do You Want It
Prisoner of the Highway

I'm still not crazy about And the Crowd Goes Wild. But go get the CD anyway!

I can't remember if I told this in the other MW thread or not, but hearing Mark talk about working with Ronnie was like hearing Garth talk about George Jones.
J.

GottaB-GB
10-21-2003, 01:14 PM
We do the "Canadian Stomp" to Crowd goes wild and my friend is a HUGE Nascar fan so I guess that's why I love it....plus I drive fast lol

It's a fun song to blast driving down the highway! LOL

Anyone else get it yet?

Rodeoangel
12-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Yeah Mark Wills is cool I really like his song Wish you were here because that is the song that my Fiance thinks of when he has to leave state to go tot a compition and I have to stay here and ride. I am nopt to wild about the crowd goes wild though it just sounds too much like Chris Cagle

Vanessa
12-02-2003, 11:31 AM
hey there rodeoangel! welcome to the board and congrats on the engagement :D

I like mark's new cd. :) the only songs I don't like are "she's a woman" and "prisoner of the hughway" maybe they'll grow on me..

other than that it's a great cd!

god and peace,
Vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
12-02-2003, 11:23 PM
I listened to this whole album the other night online. Very nice! :)