PDA

View Full Version : Taking Inventory: Garth's Vault

ProducerJ
10-13-2003, 10:44 AM
The morning guy on XM 10 this morning played The Cowboy Song and then came out of it and started wondering out loud about how many Garth songs were hidden away in a vault in Nashville. He talked about how cool it would be to get an album of that stuff the way Willie put one out recently.

So, I figured we could get a pretty good list of songs gathered here that we've heard about over the years. I don't think we've ever done this and put them all in one place before.

So search those memory banks and help us take inventory of what's in Garth's vault!

ProducerJ
10-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Two that come to the top of my mind:

Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo put in the vault when Tracy Byrd called and said, hey... I need this one!

The second is a reggae version of a Chris Gaines song... I've gotta go check my notes and see if I can find which one it was. BRB.
J.

Chris Gaines
10-13-2003, 11:05 AM
there's quite a few in the vault.. I'm sure it's well over 70 songs...

Paula
10-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, just coming from the thread Sue started with Garth's song on Adam Gregory's album, maybe Sweet Memories is in that vault. Also, how about The Strangest Dream? Not sure if it's in the vault either, but I'd like to hear that one as well.

Paula

Jen19
10-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Garth also had Mark Wills Time Machine on hold, I would love to hear that...

KEM

ProducerJ
10-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Did you rename yourself, JEN?

:p LOL

Did he cut it, or just have it on hold?

GottaB-GB
10-13-2003, 03:33 PM
We know he's got plenty, and a lot of songs that he wrote/co-wrote that we've never heard of.

I am personally still waiting to hear the song that had a big brass sound that he told me was going to be on scarecrow that I was going to love.....

.......still waiting patiently. LOL

There is another song slated for Scarecrow that never got released that can hold your heart like never before....but again, I will wait patiently....

what choice do we have? lol

Shelley

Chris Gaines
10-13-2003, 03:38 PM
there was another that was suppose to have been on it as well.. but was dropped at last minute and "Rodeo or Mexico" was added, because Garth & co-writer wasn't finished writing it.

GottaB-GB
10-13-2003, 03:47 PM
oh that reminds me of another one that another artist recently recorded and left off his album too.

He even said he way over cut for Scarecrow because it was harder to find the songs he wanted.

Maybe someday he'll give em to us lol

fuzzwuzz
10-13-2003, 03:53 PM
What's in the vault? Probably LOTS of stuff that's begging to make their debut on DVD. :)

gb*ty*girlie
10-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Since we're on the subject of Scarecrow (kinda), how about the ballad that Garth and Trisha recorded that got replaced by "Squeeze Me In"??? Or in that case, how about all the duets Garth and Trisha have recorded that never made it onto an album??? I personally would give my right arm to hear those songs!!! I wonder just how many Garth has stored in that vault??? And if he ever opens it, maybe we'll finally get the long-lost video to "In Another's Eyes"...lol... He needs to open soon, or we're all gonna go crazy trying to figure out what's in it!!! It's almost like a Garthy Pandora's Box!!! :D Just thought I'd put in my 7 cents while we're on the subject, lol...

~*Kati*~

Chris Gaines
10-13-2003, 04:25 PM
he opens it. Quite often :)

garthgirl50
10-13-2003, 05:33 PM
if he opens it quite often does that mean hes thinking and maybe someday soon Capitol will release some new stuff. If its already there you would think it wouldnt be that much to release it. Even without Garth promoting it it will sell at least a million or two. Look at Scarecrow. Three million and almost no promotion by either Capitol or Garth.

Chris Gaines
10-13-2003, 05:56 PM
if he opens it quite often does that mean hes thinking and maybe someday soon Capitol will release some new stuff. If its already there you would think it wouldnt be that much to release it. Even without Garth promoting it it will sell at least a million or two. Look at Scarecrow. Three million and almost no promotion by either Capitol or Garth.
quite doubtful... he won't release stuff he can't support 110%

wmcinnis
10-13-2003, 09:47 PM
quite doubtful... he won't release stuff he can't support 110%

He didn't support Scarecrow 110%
-Susan-

beckysue59
10-13-2003, 10:00 PM
It's really up to Capitol isn't it? Since he was under contract to them when he made all of those recordings, don't they own them? I'm not really sure how that works.:-?

garthgirl50
10-14-2003, 06:04 AM
Not sure but I beleive Garth still controls the music. And also I agree he did NOT support Scarecrow 110%. He barely supported it at all and look how much it sold. He said Capitol could do want they wanted with the rest of his music it was in good hands. I remember him saying that. So if hes left the music in their hands Im thinking hes left the decision of releasing it up to them as well. I also remember someone who talked to him awhile back posting on here that when WAIR was released he claimed he didnt even know it. Now to me that says he is letting Capitol run the show.

Chris Gaines
10-14-2003, 07:22 AM
He didn't support Scarecrow 110%
-Susan-
Nope he didn't.. but he also said it was his last album... that it was time to go be with his daughters. He tested the waters of leaving the music up to Capitol.. and they failed badly.

GottaB-GB
10-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Garth didn't like not being around the people for Scarecrow....he hated leaving his music, especially something so personal as he's ever done in the hands of others.....but he did what he had to do. And I respect him for it. He put his family needs above his own.

and personally I think he put our needs above his own by doing the album even after he had to put it off a year cuz he knew we were expecting it.

Shelley

wmcinnis
10-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Nope he didn't.. but he also said it was his last album... that it was time to go be with his daughters. He tested the waters of leaving the music up to Capitol.. and they failed badly.

I realize all that Jason.....I was just stating the fact that he didn't support Scarecrow 110% in reply to you saying that he wouldn't release anything unless he could support it 110% but in fact he did, that's all.
I only have the utmost respect for the reasoning behind this and feel very blessed that he gave us Scarecrow after everything he was going through. Please don't read more into something that wasn't intended.
-Susan-

Garthfan92
10-14-2003, 11:05 PM
It wouldn't matter to me one bit if Garth did anything to support it or not. I'd LOVE to hear some of that stuff in the vault! I sure hope we do someday soon!

Lisa

GBsMydance
10-14-2003, 11:14 PM
OMG... how exciting.. I have one question..

WHO has the combination or the key to this vault..???
Please step up to the gate and open it up.. I too would love to hear some of this stuff.

Payem
"I'll leave my light on for you, if you will leave your light on for me"

garthtacular
10-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Look back at my post I completed way back when entitled Garth has Un Finished Business, this shows alot stuff in his vault. Just to remind you, here they are again.
Videos/ conccerts: This Is Garth Brooks Too ( on video or dvd), release on video for I Don't Have to Wonder ( sevens), It Don't matter To The Sun, Right Now, Lost In You,When You Come Back To Me Again( all thiese could be Garth Brooks Video collection Vol. 3) Irealand and Back Concert Vedio or Dvd, When God made You, Coast To Coast Live concert, Garth Brooks and The Magic of Christmas home video
release theses songs: Duets: James Taylor and Garth ( The River and Sweet Baby James, Don Mclean and Garth- (American Pie) Garth and Chris Ledux/ Charlie Daniels ( Ther Fever) , Garth and Bily Joel (You May Be Right and New York State Of Mind), Jewell and Garth ( Someday Soon), Garth and Trishia Yearwood ( Wild As The Wind, What Child Is This)
release forgotten songs :
Turn it Up Burn it Down ( studio), Keep Yoour Hands To Your Self ( studio) American Pie ( Studio), Don't Think Twice Its Alright, Shade Tree Mechanic, Remember Where You Come From,Strangest Dream, Like WE Never had a Broken Heart on Garths album , From Where i am Sitting, A world With Out You, I Don't need Your Rockin Chair on Garths Album, When God Made You, Re re release One heart At A time, ad not to mention all the songs recorded form Willies Saloon , Garth Brooks: Before The Fame

jstensig
10-16-2003, 06:22 AM
And let's not forget Heads Carolina, Tails California which he said he'd recorded. That is just a great song, and I can only imagine that he could treat it even better than Jo Dee Messina.

Dang I'd like to hear that. :D

Jakob

jstensig
10-16-2003, 07:10 AM
I just heard the song again. Garth could do it soooo goooood. :)
Release it Capitol!

Jakob

allisonv7
10-16-2003, 04:35 PM
Didn't he say once that he wasn't going to do an album of unreleased stuff? I vaguely remember him speaking of how the songs weren't good enough to make an album in the first place, and he didn't want to release a whole album of songs like that?

But if he did I would LOVE to see the 'I Don't Have To Wonder' video and a release of 'The Strangest Dream' as well as those bus songs he did on the 'Ropin the World' special.

allison.

fuzzwuzz
10-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Maybe they just aren't well-done enough for Garth's taste yet. Maybe we'll get 'em when they are done cooking to perfection. :)

ProducerJ
10-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Didn't he say once that he wasn't going to do an album of unreleased stuff?

That man changes his mind like Liz Taylor changes husbands.
I *BELIEVE*
J.

ObsessedwithGarth
10-17-2003, 11:48 AM
I wish that he would do the Hungry Years stuff,I don't care if he supports it or not.I just want to hear it with a better sound quality.;)

His opinion of the stuff that wasn't good enough for an album and ours might not be the same.I just want an album with songs like on his debut album,the good stuff.:(

I don't care what it is as long as it's HIM.I would really love an album of just him an a guitar.No other instruments and no other people.

PROUD WIFE OF A TENNESSEE ARMY NATIONAL GUARDSMAN ON TRAIN UP FOR KOSOVO DEPLOYMENT.:)

cntrypoet
10-18-2003, 01:37 PM
hey I dont know about you but I WANT A CRAPPY GARTH ALBUM!!!! their arent very many out their and it would be memorabilia, rare even ! THe clostes i've ever come is IN PIECES< now i know you guys are going to jum all over me for saying that but it was probably his weekest album and most the songs in the valt are MUCH BETTER< could make a album frome teh valt that would blow IN PEACES aweay

oh and I dont think I saw NEAREST DISTANT SHORE listed. that's a duet he did with trisha but he didn't relize. IT was another good song and I had to buy the album!

and it's to bad we cant get a video of his tv aperances, I m ade one years back with im on C*C and TNN country newsl, the mupets show ect ect, even the promos for THE HITS! thoes wer good!

I need to get the soundtract for "Frequancey" the song ' when you come back to me again means a lot to me right now!

just some timeless ramblings frome an insaine poet

beckysue59
10-19-2003, 12:50 AM
We all know Garth is his own harshest critic. Just because he doesn't think the songs are good enough to release, doesn't mean that his fans would feel that way. Heck, I'd settle for just about anything!:)

garthfamily
10-25-2003, 01:31 AM
do I see a need for a letter writing campaign to Capitol?