PDA

View Full Version : Operation Smile

fuzzwuzz
10-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Is this the one affiliated with Garth and Teammates for Kids? The reason I ask is I read that Olivia Newton-John did an annual Nashville benefit concert performance once, singing "You're the One That I Want" with Vince Gill while dragging him around by his collar on stage. I know she's done lots of charity work, some with Garth. I have that cd single somewhere they both sang on about one heart? What was that charity?

Anyway, Operation Smile helps rebuild children's faces deformed by birth defects or accident. Is this the one Garth endorses too?

ProducerJ
10-06-2003, 02:13 AM
Smiles 4 Life is the one that gives a donation to TFK when you get your teeth whitened.... but TFK does so much for so many different organizations, it wouldn't suprise me to hear they support Operation Smile too!

http://www.smilesforlife.org/home.asp
J.

Paula
10-06-2003, 09:59 PM
I have that cd single somewhere they both sang on about one heart? What was that charity?That was for cystic fibrosis.

I agree with Joyce...I wouldn't be surprised if TFK supported Operation Smile.

Paula

fuzzwuzz
10-07-2003, 12:18 AM
You know, I keep wondering if there is a way to give locally to my people through Teammates and the county fair local entertainment. If the idea to record local singer/songwriters for a charity showcase cd for a fair show actually happens, we are still gonna need a charity that benefits our people here locally. I'm not sure if I should approach Teammates about this or just leave it. But if it works it could be useful to other fairs and hence other communities that want to do it. I'll have to ask my friend Steve Rose and suggest we check it out if we become serious. Then again, it's not like it's gonna raise huge amounts of money for Teammates. We're a small county fair compared to the Strawberry Festival or the South Florida Fair. I guess Teammates are after just the "big bucks"? At the very least they could suggest something we might do. Or maybe find an Operation Smile candidate that's local?

fuzzwuzz
10-08-2003, 11:59 PM
I told my friend Steve Rose about Teammates4kids and Garth's work with them and he says it sounds really interesting and would like more info. He had been thinking more in the lines of the local charities that help keep music in the schools or the animal shelter that refuses to euthanize(kill). I saw too a nice add in the paper for somthing called smiletrain that helps kids like Operation Smile. It will be an education for me finding out more about these things and how they apply locally. Wish me luck!