PDA

View Full Version : Buck Owens immortalizes Garth in Bakersfield

fuzzwuzz
09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
I thought this was interesting news I got by email, although the link supplied didn't have the same news. Interesting site too! I got lost exploring. Is it true Music Row has lots of office vacancies these days? One article claimed it's dying. Another spoke of how Country Weekly has little of substance anymore and is more like the tabloids.

* Buck Owens has commissioned sculptor Bill Rains to create life-size statues of Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Bob Wills and Garth Brooks. The new statues will join those of Owens, Hank Williams and Johnny Cash as part of a new sculpture garden honouring country music legends at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, California

http://www.takecountryback.com/news.htm

Garth's in very good company too! :)

ProducerJ
09-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Cool!

Yes, much of music row is vacant, but it's been that way for a long time. The countrycool office building has been empty since I moved out of it August of 2000.

and AMEN to Country Every Once In A While.

The item about what they're replacing the Opry with on CMT is hysterical, I'm going to start a thread about that if you haven't yet Dale.
:)

nelty
09-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Very Cool!!!!

N.

fuzzwuzz
09-29-2003, 11:29 PM
No. Go right ahead! I think I missed that one. :)

berriffic
09-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Cool....Is the statue lifesize? If it comes up missing...I didn't do it! <giggle>!!

<3 ber

Garth_FANtasizer
09-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Oh my! A life size statue of Garth!

I know just the picture I want them to use for a model. The Sept. calendar pic!

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
09-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Why don't some of you share your idea of what would make the perfect Garth pose for his statue? My first thought was how he ends his live version of Friends in Low Places tipping his hat down. :)

Garthfan92
09-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Wow! Quite the company he's in too! It really shows how important Garth has been to country music.

Lisa

jstensig
10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Btw: Buck said this about GB according to CMT.com.

8. Buck, how do you feel about country music today? Do you feel country is getting away from good traditional music?

Ha, ha, ha, that's putting it mildly. That's putting it very gentle. Yes. I think it absolutely has. I think one of the reasons is because people have sold millions and millions of records. Shania has had 10 million-selling albums. That's unheard of, it's the only time in history that's been done. Look at Garth Brooks having sold a hundred million records. Although Garth Brooks is country -- he's as country as cornbread -- was he a great singer? I think he's a good, good singer. I think he communicates with the people and he has this wonderful openness about him. He has such an honesty and integrity about him. As I've often said, he reminds me of Will Rogers, another wonderful, good ol' Okie. There's Billy Ray Cyrus; he had an album that sold millions.

http://www.cmt.com/comm/20quest/buck.owens.jhtml

Jakob

GBShameless
10-01-2003, 11:46 AM
I vote for the Sept calander pic also for the statue, good idea Ann ;)

Robin :) :)

fuzzwuzz
10-02-2003, 12:09 AM
What about Buck Owens? Have they put a statue of him in Nashville or anything?